Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-04-21, 06:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Did a 4.6 mile run late afternoon yesterday. Then mid morning today I went to Burn for total body strength which turned out to be kinda met con like with cardio as well as strength. Ran a couple miles after. Been camped out in a chair reading most of the afternoon which felt great.

Wow Vannie that was a long trip for 2 days. Glad you made it back safely.

Sending hugs Cher.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 08:12 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH + PHA2 + yoga on my own.

Cher - Glad you checked in. Again, my condolences for your loss. Hugs to you.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 09:26 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 55 minutes on the elliptical.

Waves to all.
Old 12-06-21, 11:19 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! My to do list feels a mile long and I'm trying to decide how much decorating I have the energy for. Today started with dentist appt I almost overslept for and I have to go get groceries after I eat breakfast and finish the list. Real feel when I got up was -15 and the wind is threatening to blow us back to Kansas! So outdoor decorating today is pretty unappealing but then I think ack, it's already the 6th! 25 days left in the year. Where did it go??

Cheryl, continuing to think of you and your family and lift you up in prayer.

Thanks for keeping us going, JB!

Karen, it's nice to know I can make that trip in two days but I'm not sure I will do it that way again if I have the choice. Two days with two drivers isn't so bad but not very enjoyable alone.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 07:39 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Ran 6 miles after work today. I wish it would cool down a little. It was 71 degrees and humid. This seems like an unusually warm late fall, even for us.

Vannie you’re at the opposite end of the weather spectrum. That real feel temp is just brutal! I think I would be just tempted to bundle up and drink a hot cup of tea. You must be exhausted after your long trip.

Jbliff do you guys generally get snow at all in December or is it usually January?
I guess you don’t get as much cold weather and snow as Cher and Vannie.

Cher I meant to ask you how your Mom and sister are doing. And is your son Joseph the only grandchild? My heart goes out to you all. We are here if you need us.

I hope the Omicron variant proves to be mild, but we likely have to wait a few more weeks to really know.

Waves to Gibbee
Old 12-07-21, 01:46 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid Upper Body down premix + 33 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - We rarely get snow in December, except last year there was a light snowfall on Christmas Eve which was awesome. It does usually snow a little in January-February.

Vannie - Yikes, that is such cold weather, and windy too! I would not be outside doing any decorating . We did put our tree up this weekend and that's about all the docorating we'll be doing.

Cher - Thinking about you.
Old 12-07-21, 04:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did Zumba Sulu -NEW CHRISTMAS WARM UP ZUMBA, Yoga With Bird -10 Min Everyday Morning Yoga Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge DAY 1, Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 1 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 1, and a 1 mile row. I was trying to do day 3 of Rowvember but I set it up wrong in the stroke rate app and got too annoyed to keep going. I think I have it set up right now. I had also planned to start a new jump rope challenge today but after the rowing snafu I just said I was done. I hadn't worked out since Nov 11 and it felt so good to get moving! This month I am focusing mostly on mobility and just moving after such a long break.

It's been snowing all day, since before I got up! So beautiful! Feels much more Christmassy than the desert did! I think for outside I am just putting a tree on the porch and my mom's inflatable Olaf. We're doing leftovers for supper so I'm fixing to go drag out tubs and see how much decorating I can get done. And drink a small glass of eggnog while I do!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-07-21, 08:52 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. We had rain after work so I hit the treadmill for 4 miles. I listened to a True Spies podcast about the early days of cyber espionage. This was 1999 or so.
It was pretty good. The True Spies podcast has about 80 episodes so I can listen for a while. Makes the time go by nicely.

I think Cher’s family is having her Dad’s viewing today. I no am thinking of you Cher.

Vannie good for you for getting back to exercise. Gosh this is such a busy time of year. Maybe you can post a pic of inflatable Olaf. Snow sounds romantic but with wind I think I’ll skip it this time.

Jbliff I did not think you got much snow. We lived in West Va when we first married and we got a lot of snow.
Old 12-08-21, 08:29 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning with DH then 35 minutes on the elliptical in the afternoon followed by a yoga practice. I just didn't feel super inspired since I had been up since 2:30 a.m.

Karjoy
- West VA definitely gets way more snow. There are several ski resorts there. Funny thing is one time DH and I booked a weekend in West VA planning to learn to snowshoe but it sleeted the whole day and we ended up going home early.

Cher - Thinking of you today and tomorrow. Hope you and your family are hanging in there. Big hugs to you.

Vannie - Did you get any decorating done? Enjoy your eggnog.

Have a good day, all.
Old 12-08-21, 09:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Thinking of you, Cheryl. I know how hard it will be to get through these couple days. Praying you find comfort in stories others will share about your dad and in knowing how many people loved him.

JB, I got a tree put up out on the front porch (my Halloween tree, actually, since I never got it painted black) with blue lights only bc I remember my mom always telling us their outside lights growing up were blue. I sat her inflatable Olaf on the bench next to the tree. He's as big as the tree! I think that's it for outside. Inside I got my village all up. Soooooo much smaller than my Halloween one! It just has a Nutcracker wood carving shop, a chocolate factory, candy shop and three bakeries for buildings. Hmmm...a theme in my life! There are lots of smaller pieces too. The tree will go up tonight, I hope and that may be it. We got at least one 2" of snow yesterday and hubby didn't feel like clearing it last night so today I'm meeting a friend for lunch and then need to shovel, workout, make my pancakes and put up the tree. What a bummer your snowshoeing lessons got sleeted out! I love snowshoeing, hate sleet!

Karen, I'll try to remember to post a pic of Olaf at TotalFitness when I get one taken. I need to get back to running one of these days. I only ran once each in Sept and Oct so unfortunately I'll be back to square one. Sigh.

I don't remember which of you asked about reading. When I worked 15 miles away I listened to Stephen King's Dark Tower series on CD but I don't listen to audiobooks now. I don't read much bc once I sit down with a book I can barely get myself to stop and do anything else. My favorites are Stephen King, Dean Koontz, William Kent Krueger and Janet Evanovich, although I do like others too. I can't wait to get my friend's new one started!

I listen to a lot of podcasts. Mostly fitness, dogs, and supernatural/horror stuff. I listened to a lot of TTSL in btwn music on the trip to/from AZ!