Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-25-21, 11:05 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving all! Today I ran 10K. Got a bit warm at the end.

Cher I’m sending up healing thoughts for your Dad. This is so difficult for him and for you all. They do have to put in a temporary feeding tube if it’s been more than 3-4 days with no food. They need nutrients of course to help the brain heal. The hope is that his swallowing will improve soon and he will get the tube removed.

Vannie I am grateful for this group too!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 10:35 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 7 miles on the treadmill listening to a Podcast about Blackberry vs the IPhone and how Apple won out. Night all.
Old 11-26-21, 11:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Had fun shopping today although I didn't get any Black Friday deals. Spending birthday money on stuff I want but don't really need is so much fun!

I've also ordered a bunch of Cathe DVDs and the TTSL ebook as well as another pair each of CVG capris and shorts. Exciting! I'm planning to start the ebook in January.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 06:51 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Lower Body + extended stretch premix, followed by 20 minutes on the elliptical and a Youtube yoga practice.

Vannie - How fun to get stuff you want What is TTSL?

Karjoy - So how did the iPhone win out? The cool factor?

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 10:53 AM  
Vantreesta

TTSL is Thick Thighs Save Lives. It's a podcast by CVG (Constantly Varied Gear) and they have a workout ebook as well as a TTSL daily subscription. They're a small company in Massachusetts. Here's the link to their website. https://www.constantlyvariedgear.com...all-sale-items

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-28-21, 09:12 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk in bracing cold weather in the morning, then Muscle Max Upper Body Push/Pull premix + a yoga practice from Youtube.

Vannie - CVG has some really cute workout clothes! Too bad I just bought several things from Athleta.

Waves to everyone. Have a good Sunday.
Old 11-28-21, 06:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. The long holiday weekend is almost over and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Oh well, I like what I do so…We had a wonderful weekend. Today three us ran 12 miles. 3 minutes running, 45 second walking.

Jbliff the IPhone won out because of several things but one important thing was that BlackBerry just could not believe that people would type right on their screens. Blackberry was sure that people wanted an actual keyboard. Well we know how that worked out. Also, they would not move on quickly to 4G from 3G. Another big nail in the coffin was when Apple offered so may aps. Those cold walks are so bracing.

What is CVG? I do like Athleta stuff too.

Vannie Thick Thighs Save Lives is a great name for a pod cast. I need to check that out.

Cher how is your Dad doing? Thinking of you.

Thinking of you and your daughter too Gibbee.
Old 11-29-21, 11:06 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was about 1 hour walk with DH and a yoga practice from Youtube.

Karjoy - Interesting about the keyboard. I had forgotten about that.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 11-29-21, 12:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, CVG is Constantly Varied Gear. I linked their website above. Like half their clothes have skulls on them so I'm a big fan!

I texted with Cheryl a little this morning. Her dad is still having a hard time and they think he has pneumonia and a blood clot in his lung. Complications and issues seem to keep coming up. They had him on a breathing machine yesterday but he was off it before she left the hospital for the night. They've started antibiotics and will probably be starting him on smthg for the blood clot. She appreciates all the thoughts and prayers, just hasn't felt up to posting.

Old 11-29-21, 09:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie if you hear from Cher again please send let her know again that we are thinking of her and her family as always. I certainly understand her not posting. That is great that her Dad did not have to stay on the breathing machine.

Rest day for me since long run was yesterday.

Jbliff I started listening to the next Podcast in the Business Wars podcast. It’s about cryptocurrency. I have some what of a hard time understanding the concept and there are about 6 episodes about cryptocurrency so I am hoping to understand it better as I go on. I never thought I would listen to a business podcast but they are fascinating. I use AfterShox headphones which allow you to still hear the outside world when running or walking.

Gibbee did you have Thanksgiving with your DD?