Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-28-21, 08:36 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Hope the Wishbone Snapped in Your Favor This Thanksgiving. 11/28

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 08:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for the title!

Adelija had two friends over for a sleepover last night - they were taking and laughing all night! Now they are asleep till who knows when. I'm glad she had a good time - they used the kitchen downstairs to bake a pizza, make brownies and cookies, and ate sushi. I got my Christmas tree set up - unfortunately it fell over three times and broke many glass metallic ornaments . The top of the tree also broke off, but I was able to clip it back onto the trunk with a paper clamp.

Today I'm planning on walking Gus and putzing around. I'm pretty sure Adelija will nap today.

Paula, yay for getting your Christmas cactus! The Thanksgiving one was my mom's . I've got three other plants here from her - so glad to have grabbed them as my brother and his wife can barely take care of plastic plants.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-28-21, 09:34 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Body Shaping Day 26 Core Strength.

Today was grocery and food prep day, not much to say about that - it takes up a whole day.

We're hoping to fly tomorrow.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Good theme although we didn't have turkey so no wishbone at our meal. But still the wishbone of life has snapped our way - we have much to be grateful for. I'm glad Adelija is having a good experience and making friends - I remember sleep overs and late night pizza - good times. May I ask why your tree keeps falling over - you don't have a cat to be climbing on it. When I was young we always had a cat who alway wanted to climb the tree and was indignant when it fell over. Another memony from long, long, ago. I sound like an old geezer - oh ya, I am an old geezer. How do you tell the difference between a Thanksgiving catus and a Christmas catus? Mine is blooming now, does that mean it's a Thanksgiving catus? Hope you and Gus had a nice walk.

Hope Laura is having fun.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 09:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and enjoying this warmer weather (40-50 all week). Also planning on putzing around the house - might do some cleaning duties.

Paula, the difference between the Christmas and Thanksgiving cacti are the shape of the foliage segments - Thanksgiving are spikier than Christmas and Easter cacti are even smoother (https://www.gardengatemagazine.com/a...giving-cactus/). I definitely have the Thanksgiving variety. My Christmas tree is tipsy because it has a small pot at the bottom and when decorating it, one side may have had heavier ornaments on it or pulling on it a bit to hang another one. Oh well, just downsizing on the ornaments on that tree . It wasn't intended as a Christmas tree - it was supposed to be a fake Asian style evergreen tree, so the branches are kind of bonsai like. I like it. Mine's about three feet tall.

Hope Laura had a safe trip and can enjoy some time with relatives.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-29-21, 09:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout this morning, DH wanted to fly a bit further than we usually do and we had to leave early. Had a really good day.

Anita, Glad you and Gus got a nice day too. Thanks for the link to the difference between holiday catus - I've got a Thanksgiving catus, which is fine. Since you have the same type, how long does it keep blooming? Will it bloom through Christmas? It has lots of buds but only one blossum - it's red if that makes a difference. Ah, guess you need to sort your ornaments out on the floor before you put them on the tree so you're better able to balance the weight around the tree. I always do that. I also wrap the center of the tree with white lights then put colored lights around the outside. Doing so lights up the center of the tree so you can see the ornaments better. Does that sound like I'm anal - my DH would agree with you.

Hope Laura is having a good visit.
Old 11-30-21, 08:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around - another fairly warm day out there! I got a lot done yesterday sawing tree branches off and taking stuff to the compost pile, then hitting the grocery store - at least it was less hassle than Thanksgiving week.

Paula, since you just got your cactus it's a bit hard to tell how much greenhouse alterations were used with it. Mine starts budding in September, blooming in early November, and finishes around mid-December. I've got a pink one - I don't know how colors may affect it - kind of doubt it would. I'm sure you have a lovely tree . I did white LED lights this year - took two packages for my small tree, but it's very brightly lit now and the wires are very fine compared to the old fashioned lights. I wrapped each branch and branch of branch with the LED wire - I might keep it wrapped when I put away ornaments in January because that took so long to figure out. That type of wrapping wouldn't work with white lights on the inside of the tree and colored lights outside. I'm just glad to get it done!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-30-21, 08:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Cardio Tone followed by some stretching.

Anita, hope you and Gus had a nice walk. I think this catus has been in a hot house, whether all these blossums will open remains to be seen. It's pretty nice now with lots of buds all over the plant We don't have a tree yet. We always get a live tree, I'll wait a week more at least - if we get a tree too early it dries out before Christmas.
Old 12-01-21, 08:57 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and doing more putzing - I did pick up Christmas cards so have those to fill out and mail. I'm focusing on those that love their Christmas cards and relatives that are aging.

Paula, I got rid of my live tree stand a few years ago - it simply didn't get used much to have it lying around and I don't quite trust my dogs not to lift their leg on indoor plumbing for them . It's hard to tell with your cactus whether it will fully bloom or not - buds in the store don't sometimes develop into full blooms.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-01-21, 08:45 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga for Flexibility with Kassandra. Other than that I got a haircut and did some housecleaning.

Anita, I bought some Christmas cards last year in the after Christmas sales, I need to get them out and start addressing. I don't send as many cards as I used to but I still want to send them out to some. I hear you about worrying about your dog lifing a leg on a live tree, as I said when I was a kid our cats always tried to climb them. Fingers crossed on the catus buds opening up.
Old 12-02-21, 08:28 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with some friends today. Our Carcassonne game for this morning got cancelled yesterday . Otherwise planning on putzing around .

Paula, I should have gotten some discounted cards after the holidays last year, but didn't - paid full price! The card numbers are really going down also - I think lots of people don't send cards or just do electronic greetings these days.

Waves to all!

Anita