Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-24-21, 09:26 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on giving Gus a nice long walk as I've given him two short ones this week. Grocery shopping was nuts yesterday - I had to go to 4 different stores to get everything, and the crowds were HUGE! I had my fullest cart yesterday at TJs, then stopped by Whole Foods to pick up buckwheat for Adelija (they had flimsy paper bags for their bulk items and it broke at the register ), stopped by Target for toiletries for Adelija, and Cub for things I had forgotten before. Oy, what a day! I did get on the roof and put extra kitchen leak sealant on my skylight - I know it's not winterproof, but hope it'll last till spring.

Laura, have a safe trip to WV - roads are going to be busy also with the holiday. Polly will miss you when you're gone . Does DH mask and gown up to pet Polly?

Paula, Gus is very happy when we walk in our neighborhood - he barks when he's happy and the barks last about three block lengths two days ago . I've got two sets of dishes - one upstairs and one downstairs. I'm keeping both until I move and know which set will work best in the condo/apartment - I did get rid of the coffee cups that came with the sets though as I use my favorites, not the matching set. I did cut down on linens also - I've got one set of spare sheets and only two unmatched old towels - one beach sized and the other regular bath sized - Adelija is using that one when dying her hair nowadays. That cleared lots out! I gave my spare towels to the WRC to use in their cages. I've gone through the kitchen and got rid of lots of countertop appliances like a rice cooker and coffee grinder. I can use a pot for cooking rice on the stove and buy ground coffee. I think the only things that have been missed or I never had was a rolling pin as Adelija bakes lots more than I ever did - we use a tall smooth water container instead. The hardest things for me to go through are CDs and jewelry - I've got lots of things I haven't listened to or worn in years. Best of luck in your decluttering!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 10:30 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We are jumping into getting ready for dinner here tomorrow with my parents and for the trip. It's going to be a busy day and I hope to get a good start to getting ready for the trip.

DH wears a mask and covers himself with a towel when Polly sits in his lap. The towel works well when she lets him cover her up with the ends of it to warm her up. It really is cute because she's so content curled up on his lap, even on days she's disgruntled due to the cold or rain or other kitty problems. We'll need to think about how we might help her with health issues once we're back.

Anita - It cracked me up to picture Gus walking along barking to express his happiness. It's good you got so much shopping done, but it sounds like a total ordeal. All I have to do is pick up DH's GF cake from a bakery today. They are next door to a butcher's market, so the parking lot may be kind of crazy, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Paula - I tried to get DH to let me get rid of the china before we moved, but no luck. We did get rid of some of the fancy serving dishes. He likes to keep everything and cover all contingencies. The problem is that once in a while he's right - we did need to keep something.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 09:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 23 Recovery Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

I did some baking today, made sourdough rolls and a hummingbird cake for tomorrow and a loaf of sourdough bread to freeze. I shopped for last minute stuff. Oh and we did two loads of laundry. DH is going to vaccumn tomorrow morning (I hope) so we'll be ready for quests.

Anita, I hear ya on crowded stores. I went to Whole Foods today and it was so crowded I left and went to Gelsons. Gelsons is a smaller store in a smaller strip mall so that may be why it wasn't nearly as crowded as Whole Foods. How cute Gus barks with happiness when walking in his own neighborhood. I can picture it.

Laura, have a safe and happy trip to WV. Yeah, I can't get rid of much as I'd like because DH wants to keep some things. Much of what we have we were given or inherited from him family so he feels a deeper attachment than I do. Still, not sure why no one wants china anymore - it's still beautiful. I'm pulling mine out tomorrow - why not. Think I'll skip the silver though as it's more fussy to clean (don't tell anyone, I'm just using flatware that can go in the dishwasher).
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 08:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy Thanksgiving!

Planning on walking Gus this morning, then going to a friend's house for Thanksgiving - I want Adelija to go through Thanksgiving, but it wouldn't be very big with just us at home. Adelija made her little Latvian bacon rolls, piragi, and I'm bringing pumpkin pie - unfortunately I found a little mold on top of both of them last night so I'll see if I can find a fresher one at a grocery store that might be open today. If not, lots of whipped cream is going on top! Otherwise just plan on laying around watching TV - football isn't high on my priorities. I do have my Christmas decoration boxes out, but hoping to do it this weekend, not necessarily tonight.

Laura, hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your folks, and a safe trip to DH's family. I take it you've confirmed Molly is a homeless kitty - no tags or implanted ID chips? She does have it good with you and DH . As a single, never married person I never got the big lots of china one gets through wedding registrations - frankly, I'm happy about that!

Paula, what's a hummingbird cake? Sounds like you're hosting for Thanksgiving! Good luck! I'd probably wash silver in my dishwasher - I just have one silver item in my utensils - can tell because of the tarnishing. Yeah, I live pretty simply with my dishes and utensils.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-25-21, 07:43 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you both had a good day. We had a picture-perfect warmish fall day with sunshine all day. We ate out on the sun porch and had turkey and/or ham and veggies and rolls and chocolate cake. I have lots of leftover meat I was going to turn into different dishes, but now I need to take some to WV with us and freeze the rest.

Anita - I hope Adelija (and you, of course) had a good Thanksgiving and got to experience a good holiday. We have found out more about Polly. She apparently belonged to a family who lived in this neighborhood and was an outside cat who everybody knew. Then, the family moved, and they gave her to another family somewhere in this area. She apparently preferred her old neighborhood, because she made her way back to this neighborhood, having to cross a major road in the area to get here. So, they left her here and a lot of the neighborhood has supported her. One of the families in the neighborhood have taken her to the vet and she has had her shots. She's 14 years old and has lived outdoors for a lot of years.

Paula - You might as well do what makes you happy. China with dishwasherable cutlery sounds like a logical combination. I hope your dinner was good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-25-21, 08:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you both had a nice day. We had beautiful weather. The food was good and the company congenital. But now I am tired and ready to veg out out and go to bed early.
Old 11-26-21, 07:44 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning, walking Gus, and decorating the inside and outside for Christmas. I don't go overboard with lots of decorations, but just simple and nice. We had a good time yesterday at my friend's house - nice lunch/dinner and played a game afterwards. Came home a bit later than Gus would like it but made up to him with his dinner.

Laura, glad you enjoyed your meal - I brought home some leftovers so we'll be eating those this weekend. Molly is an elderly cat and her arthritis makes sense. Poor thing didn't get to stay with her family , but now has a caring environment to live in .

Paula, I went to bed early yesterday also - very tired . Glad all went well with your dinner .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-26-21, 09:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 24. It was a nice day so we flew to Catalina, DH hiked the airport loop but I didn't feel like it so I chilled in the shade with my phone until he was done.

Hope Laura is having a good time visiting family in WV.

Anita, your Thanksgiving Day sounds nice. I went to bed early and was still tired much of today which is why I didn't do the hike with DH. Glad Adelija had a nice introduction to Thanksgiving in the US. I'm sure Gus forgave you when he had goodies in his dinner dish. You're ambitious to start Christmas decorations - well I've done a bit inside but haven't even thought about outside. We don't do much outside. I've noticed all the stores have all the Christmas stuff up.
Old 11-26-21, 09:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We worked all day to get ready to go. We haven't told my MIL we're coming for various reasons and we don't know what she has or doesn't have, so we're taking a LOT. We'll leave as early tomorrow morning as we can. She has no Wi-Fi and there's no cell service in her area, so I'll be off the grid. We're not telling people we're coming in because she doesn't feel up to a lot of visitors and we'll probably spend most of the time with her in her house.

Anita - Yeah, Polly is well supported in this neighborhood. We asked my parents to feed her and keep her water bowl filled while we're gone. We're hoping she finds a warm place to hunker down while we're gone. Speaking of which, I bet Gus forgave you pretty quickly when he saw his dinner..

Paula - I hope you get some rest over the rest of the weekend. We always focus on the inside when decorating rather than the outside where we just put a wreath and some small stuff.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-27-21, 09:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and decorating my little tree for Christmas. I got some LED lights that are 39' in length - trying to see if I can figure out a way to get it on my tree evenly - wrapping each branch with some of the wire used it up too fast. I did get the outdoor stuff put out yesterday. Adelija will get two friends over for a sleepover tonight. I'm doing my laundry tonight so they get to see me in my PJs .

Laura, have a safe trip to your MIL . Living off grid would be weird for me - I spend way too much time these days on the internet with Facebook, mail or entertainment. I'm glad your parents will be taking care of Polly .

Paula, I'm a bit of a stickler around here for waiting till after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas - lots of people already had things up after Halloween. I do like the lights as with no snow it's dark out there after 4:30. Our State Fair grounds are hosting a huge light show now - I'm hoping for snow on the ground when we go, but may do it this next week when temps aren't quite as freezing. I see it from the street when we drive by, but this year I'll take Adelija in to see it.

Waves to all!

Anita