Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-21, 11:05 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,009

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 12:14 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a no-equipment hips and booty workout from Heather Robertson.

A friend flew in from Austin today. He is a recording engineer who has mixed some of our songs, and DH has played on some projects that he has recorded for other people. He is considering moving to Porto as his home base in Europe, to work with clients over here. We will take him around and show him a bit of Porto and some music people here.

I have started reading a book called "The Happiness Advantage," which a friend on Facebook was excited about. It seems like a really good book!
Old 11-18-21, 03:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Hi everybody!

I'm back! Had a great time. Yes, the Dailey method is tough, but La Dailey had nice things to say about my strength and form. She said I did things as though I'd studied at her
studio classes. Also approved of my modifications; said most people don't know how to modify. DVDs taught me a lot.

We did so much, basically in 2 days. I got there in time for dinner on Sunday. My flight from Monterey was delayed. There was a class before dinner that was almost done by the time I got there. I didn't join in. Was thirsty, tired, and not dressed for it. The food was delicious, vegan and GF. After a few meals I wasn't the only one longing for meat, dairy, and gluten; but that could wait.

It was cold in the morning for the outside class, but I was ready for it and was comfortably layered. The days warmed up quickly, and the hikes both days were wonderful. I loved looking at the red rock formations.

Dr's office told me where I could get a free, walk-in covid test, so I went there. Results within 48 hours. Then I went to buy groceries, and outside the store was a rapid results free covid tes, so I did that & yay got a negative result.

The hotel pool was perfect.

Did a couple of woo-woo things: a sound bath on Monday and an aura photo on Tuesday.

Sedona is 2 hours away from the Phoenix airport and there were 3 of us who needed to leave by 7:30 to get there in time for our early afternoon flight check-in. So Jill Dailey added a 6 a.m. class for just us. I got up in time to have coffee before it.

It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night! I hadn't been away from home for 2 years. The hotel bed was very comfortable, though.

There was one participant who has done the Dailey Method at studio for 17 years! I just can't imagine doing one form of exercise all. the. time. And I plan to try my new-to-me and seldom-used DVDs for a while now.

Today, I'm thinking about stretching with Karen Voight.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 10:27 PM  
lynnf

Had a migraine day, so not much, 15 minute stretch.

Cynthia, we have all been eager to hear about your trip and it sounds like you had a fantastic time. I am very impressed that Jill was so impressed with your form and ability. Pretty impressive to get that from Jill Dailey. You represented us home exercisers well. And even got up to do a class at 6 am before flying out! Amazing. How was the sound bath? (What exactly is it?) What did your aura photo show? Definitely need more info. Were you sore after all that Dailey method? I know I staggered out of their studio after one class. So glad to hear you had such a nice time and were so well prepared. Welcome back and congrats on doing so well and impressing Jill -- and us too!

Cheryl, how nice that a friend might be joining you in Porto. You might be starting a movement. I hear that Covid is really under control there. Are people wearing masks there a lot (that's what I heard about Spain and Portugal)? Here, not so much these days.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 10:39 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

No workout to report but I got my steps in.

Cynthia I am also curious about the sound bath and aura photo. Please share.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-19-21, 01:37 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

The sound bath room/studio had about a dozen mattresses on the carpeted floor, each with pillow, back-of-knee pillow and eye pillow, and a blanket. A couple dressed in white with the white head wrap ran the place. She sang a couple of mantras (really pretty voice) and then they played music that they had recorded. I didn't like it. It was like a menacing surround-sound move sound track. One of us, not me, started snoring after a minute. You weren't supposed to fidget, but my knees and an ankle started hurting and I wasn't comfortable on my back, so I curled up on one side, with my good ear down on the pillow. Stayed there until it stopped. I was interested to see the temperature control on the wall when I went to the restroom. It was 75*. I was dressed warmly but I was quite chilly even though I was given a second blanket on request.
I had never heard of a sound bath, but I just googled it, & you can read about it -- see "what are sound baths" at www.verywellmind.com
It's supposed to be a healing, meditative experience to be bathed in sound. I think it's very YMMV. A few of the ladies (no guys were part of the group) said this was the best part of the retreat.

There were 4 of us who had the aura photo done and everyone's was different. The first one, a Dr at Stanford hospital, was told she was a healer. Others felt their reads were spot on. I'm said to be spiritual and empathic, yada yada. Like having your fortune told. The gal whose shop it was (the crystal magic psychic center) took a photo, then you put your left hand on the aura-reading device, which has smooth raised steel knob things. That produces a picture of your aura (I have no idea how), which is then super-imposed on the photo. I might post it on FB.

I'm glad I trained for the classes by doing the Dailey Method DVDs. And remember a while back I did that Livestrong pushups challenge and the Livestrong abs challenge that had hours of planks? My wrists aren't always thrilled to hold planks, but I am good at them. And weight work and kettlebells have made me strong. I was careful to modify knee-killer moves. And I had packed epsom salts for nice baths and Voltaren, which I used every night. Thanks to Diana for telling us about Volataren. The tube of it fits nicely into the regulation TSA bag. Although since I am a TSA Known Traveler I don't have to show them my bag of liquids. And don't have to take my shoes off. And get to go through the TSA pre-check line.

Yes, I am very glad to be on Jill Dailey's email list, which is how I learned of this trip. She has one every year apparently, and in different locations. I will certainly consider it next year.
Old 11-19-21, 07:56 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Today is DH's and my anniversary, 33 years.

Cynthia I wish my stomach could tolerate the topical Voltaren. It's good stuff.

Steps from yesterday: 5,484

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-19-21, 08:17 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Happy anniversary, Diana!

Last night's check-in: Karen Voight's Pure and Simple Stretch.

Nothing yet today, but it'll be restorative.

DD and I have been invited to Thanksgiving dinner with her boyfriend's family. The dinner will be prepared by the market where they (DD and bf) work. I'll make a couple of pies, pumpkin and chocolate pecan. Besides us, there will be the bf's married brother w/ wife and 2 little daughters (including Luna, for whom we prayed), bf's grandmother and widowed father.

I got a nice "negative" result from the covid test that went to the lab, as well as the rapid results test.
Old 11-19-21, 09:27 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. DH and I went to get a massage. He got 30 minute upper body and 30 minute feet. I got 1 hour full body. Then we went for dinner. No workout to report but I got my steps in.

Cynthia
Sounds like you are going to have a nice Thanksgiving! Luna is still on my prayer list. Let me know how she is doing when you see her.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-20-21, 07:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,013

LM Combat 02/13

Diana