Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-13, 01:44 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Basic Training! (That was the show by Ada, Gilad's sister.) She put a DVD with those workouts back in the day as well.)

Welcome to VF! If you're looking for workout options at home, you're in the right place. You might want to put limits on your credit card though.

(I wish I was in Hawaii as well...)

That's interesting. I didn't know Ada put out a DVD. I liked her workouts and got good results, but I was a lot younger then so that might have had something to do with it, lol.

Looking around on the forums I'm seeing a lot of good advice about what DVDs to get. You're right, I'll have to limit my credit card spending.

With the crazy weather we've been having here, I really do wish I was in Hawaii!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 09:05 AM  
DesertHeat

Talking Hello and a belated Thank You!

I have been lurking for some time now and I want to thank you all for the time that you take to post candid, informative, and occasionally entertaining thoughts, advice, and opinions on workouts and home fitness. I started last year on videos somewhat reluctantly...between conflicting working hours and childcare, it had become nearly impossible for me to make it to the gym.

I kept an open mind and broke a lot of the fitness "rules" that I held as truths and found that not only do I love working out at home, I've gotten quicker results doing all the things I would have shunned in the past.

One example that stands out for me on how VF has made a huge impact on my wellness was a post by Desderata http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=196675 . Early September, I injured myself one week being foolishly ambitious, doing way too much, way above my fitness/experience level - an advanced TA, Tonique, and an Ilaria kickboxing workout within a couple days of one another. (The injury happened during the Ilaria workout, but it was a natural consequence of the training foolery, not her workout). I went to a chiropractor for treatment and he hurt my lower back (and the piriformis pain was unchanged) - similar to what Desderata described. I was in daily pain to the point that it was difficult to endure while driving and sitting at work; I was so discouraged.

Between Mimi Solaire's workout (primarily), sitting on a stress ball, rolling the glute on a pinky ball, and the hips section from Jill Miller yoga quick fixes, the piriformis inflammation got markedly better (it is still sensitive at times). I am so thankful for that recommendation for Deep Stretch and I still use it regularly! This, along with most of the workouts I currently own, I would have never considered, perhaps even known about if it weren't for this community.

I just really appreciate what you all have done for my life by the time you take to share and inform - thank you!!!
DesertHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 10:00 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It is great that you have found information that has helped you heal and find a way to work out that works for you. Thanks for posting your experience.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 06:47 PM  
luvexercisedvds

Hello from Montana!!

Hi All!
luvexercisedvds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 06:53 PM  
lrb04

Welcome! Check out the check ins section. It is a great place to find new friends!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 07:34 PM  
luvexercisedvds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Welcome! Check out the check ins section. It is a great place to find new friends!
Thank you, and I'll do that.
Old 04-03-14, 10:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF! I hope you find a place here. Feel free to jump in wherever you want.

If you do check out the checkins, they are all open to anyone who wants to join. You just have to post a message and introduce yourself.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-04-14, 12:01 AM  
luvexercisedvds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Welcome to VF! I hope you find a place here. Feel free to jump in wherever you want.

If you do check out the checkins, they are all open to anyone who wants to join. You just have to post a message and introduce yourself.
Thankyou!! I hope so too.
Old 04-15-14, 12:14 PM  
caitlinpyle

I've been a lurker for several years and have finally decided to be a part of the community!! So amazing how many people are out there that love workout DVDs just like me! Other than annoying beach body coaches in my immediate circle of friends I know no one else interested in home workouts besides me!! Sad! so i am happy to be here
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 01:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Caitlin - Thanks for introducing yourself. Good job jumping right in with your thread about streaming workouts. Enjoy finding a place where there are others like you. Though, is it too late to warn you to hide your credit cards from yourself?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread