Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-14, 12:51 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Changing routines

For the past few years the only thing I did was kbell workouts and tapout style of cardio. I have to say I became very efficient of burpees, sprawls, all sort of ups and downs and also relatively comfortable with heavy bells. Comes studiosweatondemand, and all my fitness is out the window!! I'm huffing and puffing on the spin bike, even the TRX that was not really challenging for me years ago became a little struggle. The moral of the story for me is that I have to change my routines and the type of workouts regularly to avoid adoption. I don't think I'm writing anything new in here, but it is very humbling experience for me.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 01:13 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

We get good at what we do. I can ride a bike all day but I can't walk far at all or my back hurts. Nothing compared to what you do but maybe if I'd get off the bike once in awhile I could walk further. I think it goes back to what our goals are, crosstraining, and everything we've been taught over the years.
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 01:24 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda H View Post
We get good at what we do. I can ride a bike all day but I can't walk far at all or my back hurts. Nothing compared to what you do but maybe if I'd get off the bike once in awhile I could walk further. I think it goes back to what our goals are, crosstraining, and everything we've been taught over the years.
+1

I've never been anywhere near your level of fitness, Macska, but I can toss out a few burpees, no problem, and squat and lunge until the cows come home. I love HIIT and plyos and hard cardio and strength training. But. I have taken up running recently, and OMG. It is seriously the hardest workout I have ever done. I feel like an unfit slug, huffing and puffing around the track. I assume (hope?!) eventually it might get easier, but wowza. It's like nothing I've done for the past 25 years has prepared me for this! LOL
Old 05-21-14, 07:41 AM  
desie

The conundrum is, you can only be really good at a particular activity/exercise for as long as you are doing it. I looked at all my choices for exercise and decided to be happy about being good at the activities that I love and can continue to do for a long, long time.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 11:15 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
The conundrum is, you can only be really good at a particular activity/exercise for as long as you are doing it. I looked at all my choices for exercise and decided to be happy about being good at the activities that I love and can continue to do for a long, long time.
+1!!!!

I do yoga, low-impact cardio, and weight training. I expect to be doing that indefinitely.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote