Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-13, 07:13 PM  
CharM

Reacquire?

I absolutely hate to reacquire dvds, it feels like such a waste of time and money, but I'll do it if I have to. I think I've done it just once or twice. Now, two years after I did this http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=163403 , I'm thinking of re-aquiring a weight set. Argh. I wonder if she still has them, and if I ask for them nicely, will she give them back? haha *sigh* I'll be on the lookout for a cheap set on Craigslist. I think it's gonna cost me at least $50 to replace what I gave away. On the other hand, I was going to buy hex dumbbells, and just two 30s will cost at least $40 from what I've seen on CL. I'll probably need 35s, too. So, it will be cheaper to buy bars and weight plates.

Lesson: DON'T LET ANYTHING LEAVE THE HOUSE. EVER.

Oh, I still have the Step and BOSU mentioned in the original post. I'm not going to part with those.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 07:20 PM  
F1mom

Yes, I reacquired all my Toniques, Project You and all the Yoga Booty Ballets. I'm about to reacquire FIRM Vols. 1-2 and perhaps a few more.

I have yet to learn not to sell off things I've liked for a long period of time just because I'm tired of them or because I'm in the mood for something radically different. Fitness is cyclical for me at this stage of the game.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 07:38 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have done this quite a bit over the years but even this year I have done it some. I reacquired Erin O'Brien Strong Body Ageless Body, Michelle Dozois Slim Strong Sculpt and just last week a couple Minna Lessig workouts that I had but sold years ago. Since it appears that she has retired from the video business I wanted to pick them up before they went out of print like some of her other stuff has. Kari Anderson Go is another one that I rebought. I think these were just victims of a not very well thought out purge, except the Erin DVD which I totally did not click with the first time around and got rid of it immediately. I decided to give it another go and it's a keeper, must have been my mood or something.

There are others that I have also reacquired only to get rid of again, Gilad Step Aerobics comes to mind but there are a few others. Most of the reacquires I have kept for good for the most part though.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 07:41 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I've re acquired a number of workouts, which is why I'm super careful about what I get rid of. I must be absolutely sure I'm over something before I trade it away.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 09:10 PM  
CharM

Lately when I get the urge to reacquire a dvd, I check the library, use the heck out of it, get sick of it, repeat.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 09:47 PM  
princess76

I want a Transfirmer and the DVDs that went with it. Stupidly, I thought the leg presses were hurting my back and I threw them away about 9 years ago. Turns out it was too much stress and bad posture. On a happy note, I realized I can make my step inclined, or just use the Wave. Hard lesson learned!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 05:27 AM  
PhyllisG

P57 the first set. What was I thinking. I reacquired them and love them.
I had traded/sold all of my Cathe DVDs and am now considering reacquiring Pyramids. There is a great 1 hour premix on that one.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 08:21 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Unfortunately I never get rid of anything so I don't have to re-acquire it
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 11:48 AM  
topfitmama

Yes, I have.
I'm learning that if I ever liked the workout, I should keep it.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 12:35 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Where do I begin ?

I re-acquired (at a huge expense) all of the original Firms, including Ballroom Aerobics and Cardio Step Mix on eBay because I simply had to have them all again (for some reason). I ended up selling them all again (at a loss, of course) - and will not re-acquire them again!

I re-acquired Slim Series - I think twice - and Slim Series Express. (Still have them.)

I re-acquired several Jari Loves and 2 Squeezes. (Still have them).

I think I bought Kettlenetics twice, and still have never done them.

Oh, and I searched high and low for Body Art from way back when and re-acquired that. And GHAS, which I just had made into a DVD and actually did it a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure I've re-acquired some Cathes, although I don't remember what they are.

I re-acquired a couple of individual Classical Stretches, which I absolutely hated the first time and haven't done again yet (although I have some CS series that I do).

It would be interesting to actually have an accurate list of what I've re-acquired, and what it cost me !!! (or maybe not ).
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote