Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-10, 12:16 PM  
Jett

Snow Day--Other than ShovelMax

We're supposed to get 24 inches here in Central Virginia. I'm gonna fire up a Carmichael Training System hill climbing session. Anyone else snowed in? Anyone else working out?

BTW, the ShovelMax graphics are fabulous. But the soundtrack isn't so great.
Old 02-05-10, 01:12 PM  
kathylcsw

Jett I am pretty close to you just south of Roanoke for me. I am definitely snowed in! I worked out this morning and plan on doing a run/walk interval on the treadmill later. This evening I am going to make spaghetti because it seems like a good snowed in kind of dinner!
Old 02-05-10, 01:27 PM  
ldy_solana

lynchburger here! tired of this snow and no more shoveling for me LOL. i have been using the wii fit plus A LOT along with gold's gym cardio game just to beat boredom and to keep from sitting on my tail. still working out just not going outside. already did a walk to get milk i am good LOL.

i just want to go back to work already(i know work at a high school and say that, the snow has gotten to me LOL).

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 03:06 PM  
counterclockwise

Hampton Roads here. Being from the deep south, silly me thought it was so cool last week when it snowed. But then it just kept snowing...and kept snowing...and then stayed around forever! It was finally almost all melted, and here we go again. I don't think I like snow. : )
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 03:34 PM  
donnamp

Hi - I'm in MD (DC-ish area) (waving to Kassia!!) and it is snowing here and I'm sick of it!! I have lived here for 11.5 years, and it hasn't snowed like this in all that time, and I can really go another 11.5 before it happens again! It was fun at first (in December when this happened the first time!)....but the thought of shoveling 2+ feet of snow and what that is going to do to my messed up sore back doesn't make me happy. I think I'd be ok with the snow thing if I didn't have to shovel. I may be doing recovery workouts for a week or too after this weekend's shovel max!

It has been amusing to watch the grocery store runs - I swear someone had 50 containers of millk in their cart!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 03:45 PM  
counterclockwise

Looks like ours is stopping already!!??
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 04:24 PM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxblack1 View Post
Looks like ours is stopping already!!??
ours came down harder with sleet, very dangerous conditions out there now.

hi donna! yep we have had snow before but never to this magnitude!!! sleet is rare as well and that is mainly what the precip is now. scary! hopefully if you don't have to out there you are safe. dh might have to spend the night at work. we have a good car with all wheel drive but no way can it make this.

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 04:35 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Cool From Wenatchee, WA to Hampton Roads...

So I'm used to snow and cold this time of year. And when I first came here, we did have real winters (like the one we're having now). So while my body is not happy with the cold and the crazy barometric pressure (doesn't seem to bother me in the summer), I'm just sucking it up and telling myself (and everyone else who'll listen) we sure will love spring

We had snow (the weather-guessers said we'd have rain BEFORE the snow) and NOW we're getting more rain. The standing water in the woods froze over...and have a rather permanent look to them What's worrying us is the wind expected...

No Shovel Max so far...keeping my fingers crossed
Old 02-05-10, 05:33 PM  
KathAL79

I have family in and near Roanoke, and they've had more wintry precipitation this winter than we have in New England.

Hope none of you are too buried and/or stuck for milk!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 06:38 PM  
psnave

Wow, what a crazy winter! I feel for you guys in the Mid Atlantic. Do your street crews have the right heavy equipment to deal with that amount of sleet and snow? I bet most places just shut down. Be safe.

We were supposed to have light snow today, turned into about 6 inches and another storm is supposed to dump several inches more on Sun-Monday.

I keep planning on exercising, but running after the kids has eaten up most of the day.

Patricia
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote