Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-22, 09:56 AM  
ChelePA

I did lawn max yesterday evening, so I was definitely feeling my workouts this morning. 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes of bodyweight strength. 20 minutes full body with dumbbells. 10 minute stretch to finish.

As for the Caroline and Cathe discussion —So many Cathletes are now using Caroline. Some exclusively and some as a mix. They are getting excellent results according to most.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 10:23 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I tried to do a search for the Caroline/Cathe discussion. A lot of hits were baby naming sites! But it seemed like maybe there's some talk on the Cathe forum. I wonder if Cathe has checked out Caroline at all, and whether or not that will influence her STS 2. Probably won't influence much, is my guess. I would think she at least checks out what people are talking about, but who knows.

This morning I did day 4 of kickass kettlebell -- cardio. It's supersets -- one minute of a strength move followed by one minute of swings. She threw in some burpees at one point (instead of swings). I marched in place then.

I have been awake since 3:30am -- got up sometime after 4:00. Partially there's something going on with work, but also because my son was out last night and never texted me that he got home, so I wanted to go make sure he really did get home (he did). At that point I was wide awake and decided to go ahead with my workout. I'm going to be a zombie this afternoon!!

kittybug, yes, I'm definitely happy with the job -- honestly I haven't been this happy in quite a while -- it's so refreshing! And I'm going to debunk the Orange (cat) Theory..... (see what I did there? ) I've had two orange cats who were both pretty mellow and somewhat fussy about what they ate. (I really only told you this so I could work in a fitness joke ).
Old 08-03-22, 11:12 AM  
ChelePA

Bee… just wanted to pop in and say I could feel the happiness in your post. So glad you’re liking your new job! It’s going to be strange to not have to check if my daughter is home nightly when she heads to college in a few weeks. My husband always did the late shift
Old 08-03-22, 03:00 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans!

Last night I did Chrsti Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio and today I did Solid Gold Step. OMG, I just love her workouts. Cataddict I think the reason I love the Totally Hot/Cool and Solid Gold workouts the best is because of the music. To my ear, the songs are just so darn good. Some classic rock 70's like Three Dog Night, a Prince song, etc., Tequila as a cooldown song. (an odd choice, but it just works) Such good music and as per usual Christi, perfectly timed to the choreography. She did a lot of sing-song instruction in Solid Gold Step and it, along with the great, great songs, makes me literally smile as I'm working out.

Glad to read everyone's updates and I hope you all have a great week!
Old 08-04-22, 07:53 AM  
ChelePA

I took a very powerful Speak Up cycling class that talked about how a tree is a tree and not a forest. I’m going to give a very basic summary below of what it means. But I can’t wait to read this book. I love nature and have always been fascinated by trees. This analogy to life is so true.

On its own, a tree cannot establish a consistent local climate. It is at the mercy of wind and weather. But together, many trees create an ecosystem that moderates extremes of heat and cold, stores a great deal of water, and generates a great deal of humidity. And in this protected environment, trees can live to very old. To get to this point, community must remain intact no matter what. If every tree were looking out only for itself, then quite a few of them would never reach old age. ..."
(The Hidden Life of Trees What They Feel,
Old 08-04-22, 12:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

You all aren't helping my decluttering! Only one Kelly DVD going elsewhere?

bee, I'm mailing your DVD. Sure you don't want any more? Hope you enjoy it---there are a ton of premixes on this one. Wish Cathe was this creative with her premixes. Oh, I'm so glad you are enjoying your job! A great job really can be invigorating!! I like Caroline's workouts too. I was just ready for a change after the Fuel rotation and needed a break from the music.

FN1/SHW, wow on us doing Circuit Max on the same day!!! What are the odds????? I will cull through my thousands of pics of Olly and send some along. He is quite the furry ham and so darn photogenic. Oh, and let me know what Kelly DVDs you might want. I'm not in a gigantic hurry to do anything with them.

Mickey12, LOVE the Louis story! Each cat seems to bring his or her own dose of quirk for sure!

ChelePA, I plan to read up on the tree info you mentioned. It sounds very interesting! I grew up in a very woodsy area (my parents were big on a natural yard) and we have more trees (and large ones) in our yard here than any of the neighbors. My mom used to point out the trees and plants in our yard and identify them. I wish I remembered all of it, but of course there are different species where I live now. Sigh, I'm rambling again. On a different subject, all those mirrors would make me crazy! I hope your new shoes work for you. We all have such different feet it is all about finding what is right for you.

horusosiris, hope the move is close to done!

Waving to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 12:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Forgot to post my workouts! Hah!

Workouts: CL #177 Ramped Up Trisets followed by another Steven SanSoucie; Chris Dorner (with Michael) Intermediate/Advanced step (stepless). Ramped Up Trisets had the cray cray smiling woman and she was in top form! I think she felt like she had to smile maniacally---maybe they told her to smile and she wasn't sure how much? There were a couple other "visitors" in this workout who smiled occasionally like a "normal" person would do. Well, "normal" to me, so take THAT with an ocean full of salt. Anyhoo I think she was such a distraction to me that it took away from the workout. OTOH, the Chris & Mike workout was FUN! There were some shoutouts, but she even announced that she was going to shut off the comments since she needed to cue without the distraction and I said to the screen YAY!

ChelePA, I've been watching for Kat to upload a new advanced workout--nothing yet?

Kate, manleym, lavna, TeenW, MamaW, waves and hugs!

Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 08-05-22, 09:24 AM  
ChelePA

So after all the tree talk yesterday, I found it interesting that my Peloton calendar included yoga flow focusing on tree pose today . Also 10 minutes of core. 20 minutes of lower body. This finished with a Tabata type of cardio-using weights. Yikes and it was only five minutes. Not sure if I’ll ever get back to my level before the injury. I finished with a 20 minute treadmill hike. Trying out the new sneakers. So far so good. I can definitely tell a difference versus my 361s.

Cataddict… I saw that Kat was competing in some off-road bike race. Like 50 miles or something. So I’m sure that’s why she hasn’t uploaded the new video yet.

Just wanted to let you all know that surprisingly no one else got Covid besides my brother. Thank goodness. I was so worried about the baby. My brother had quite the symptoms and it knocked him out for five days or so. Fever, cough etc. he didn’t qualify for the antivirals. His doctor only prescribed Tylenol and then I think a steroid. Several people at his place employment also ended up with it. I’m really struggling with when to wear a mask and not now that we have a newborn baby in the family. The parents are pretty laid-back about it.

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 08-05-22, 12:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello my friends. Another week of missing posting. Just got so busy. I have still been exercising of course, but last weekend was also a HUGE weekend of yard cleanup.

We finally got a big dumpster and started throwing out SO MUCH JUNK! I hauled old doors, debris from the storms, junk junk and more junk. Hubby helped and we got it all done over 2 days. I also knocked down an old shed by hand (with sledge hammer). By the end of the day Sunday, I was knackered!! If I didn't exercise, I would never have been able to do it.

Monday I was SORE! Not pain but pushed-to-the-limit sore. So I kind of swapped around my rotation and did more restorative Yoga. Yoga was the key!

So....here's the latest:
Fri 29th: Cathe Live 405 Standing Legs. Good one!!! She sure works the lower body well!
Mon 1st: No way I could do my planned weights workout after the weekend of work so I did cardio instead. LMOD Body Attack 105. I modified heartily!! But I had to move or I'd get stiffer.
Tues: LMOD Strength Development series #1. This was a good intro. Gotta go heavy to make it challenging enough. Total body for the most part. I added on a short Trainer Series cardio workout to give me an extra bump. I was still sore from the weekend.
Wed: LMOD Strength Development series #2. A bit different format and set of exercises. There is not a ton of repetition in these. All run about 45 min. I added on another Trainer Series workout.
Thurs: LMOD Body Combat Remix 55 Min. FUN!!! This had a great mix of BC chapters!! I just needed some fun.
Today: LMOD Strength Development series #3. This was good!! More hypertrophy...slightly lighter weights, higher reps (12-15). More focus on upper body and a super chest/back triset and another super shoulder triset. I like these!! No add on today.

So I must say I wasn't totally sure about these LMOD Strength Development workouts but I am liking them more every day. Good heavier lifting, of course great tunes and I'm really liking these new instructors. Erin Maw leads some and Ben and I know them but the other folks are new.

Resting this weekend. I may do a little in the yard but my body says it needs a break.
My brother flew in from VA to go to a little shindig with old friends up in Northern MN and I'll see him Sunday for a quick visit before he goes back.

HUGS to all. Going back to read posts.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 01:48 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Yesterday was Amy Dixon's SuperFit Bod. Stupid title but good intermediate metabolic workouts. I had to do a little modification (stupid deadlifts! they just aren't recommended for my condition), but Amy is so bright without being Stepford or cloyingly sweet! I might revisit the Breathless workouts sometime soon and see what I can do with them. I feel my cardio capacity may be reduced due to the lack of impact, but it could be all in my head. Any one of the Breathless workouts will test that for sure!

Good to "see" you, Kate! All that work you have done is making me tired just reading it! How is you DH? And Justin?

Chele, I'm sure it's a relief that only your brother got Covid. It must have been so scary waiting for symptoms to appear! Thanks for the update on Kat--good for her and that bike race sounds very challenging!

Waves to all!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in