Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-06, 01:30 PM  
jhardy

Question Any success alternating Slim in 6/Slim Series with cardio

Hello! I had a baby two months ago and have about 20 pounds to lose, especially in the belly. I have heard great things about Slim in 6 and Slim Series, but I feel that I need to incorporate more cardio to lose the fat. I would like to alternate Slim in 6/Slim Series with running and/or Turbo Jam. Has anyone else done this and found success or are the best results found when doing Slim in 6 strictly on its own? I am also going to trying to incorporate Callanetics and Pilates for about 20 minutes each day. I have so many great workouts, including the Firm, TLT, and iTrain that it is difficult to try to fit everything in. I am just trying to find a great rotation that will help me lose all the extra weight. Of course, I am following a lower carb, lower calorie diet. However, I am breastfeeding, so I can't cut back too much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jen
jhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-06, 01:35 PM  
daisyduke

I get best results when just doing a rotation of Slim Series. I don't think the extra cardio is necessary when doing Slim Series. My heart rate is sky high the whole time. If you notice that your heart rate isn't up, then try heavier weights. Good luck! I'm sure Slim Series will work for you, especially if you watch your diet!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-06, 01:54 PM  
cherimac

Hi! I'm currently rotating Slim Series with cardio (mostly Turbo Jam). I've just been doing this a little while but have found great definition in my abs and some weight loss. I do have friends who've done a strictly Slim Series rotation and, believe it or not, lost lots of inches, even without adding intense cardio.

Good luck!
Old 08-07-06, 08:10 AM  
SpiritYogi

I'm alternating SS with Turbo Jam for the month of August. I just started last Monday so I can't really post any significant results yet. My rotation consists of SS Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Turbo Jam Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (with yoga and pilates included 3x/week). BTW, this is my first ever SS rotation.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:13 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Dena - bumping this to hear about your results.

Thanks!

Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:23 PM  
SpiritYogi

To be totally honest, I didn't get good results. I did lose some strength and didn't gain any definition/tone whatsoever. However, I am tall and slim (ectomorph?) so I think that's most likely the reason I didn't get good results. I've been doing Cathe's Pyramid weight lifting for the past three weeks and am getting great results! I think I'm just one of those who needs heavy weight/low rep workouts.
Old 10-03-06, 03:30 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

That was fast! Thanks.

I'm a puffy pear so I'm hoping I get different results. ..
Old 10-03-06, 03:34 PM  
SpiritYogi

I hope you do, Suzette. Good luck!!
Old 10-04-06, 06:48 AM  
Rhonda

Suzette, I like your location statement - and I bet your in the Detroit Area. Gee how many coaches have we have in the past 5 years : )

I still cheer for the Lions but my fave team is the 49ers and we see they are not doing well either : )

Rhonda (yes I am in MI also)
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 08:13 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Suzette, I like your location statement - and I bet your in the Detroit Area. Gee how many coaches have we have in the past 5 years : )

I still cheer for the Lions but my fave team is the 49ers and we see they are not doing well either : )

Rhonda (yes I am in MI also)
Why anyone would decide to coach football here is beyond me. Once again, I'd like to submit my suggestion that we get rid of the Lions and get a second hockey team. New York and CA have two hockey teams. . why don't we?

But at least it's fun wondering if they will end up 0-16.

Tags
running, slim series