Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-06, 04:05 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Online catalog for Ross store's DVD inventory - could this be it?

I found out that a 'Ross' exclusive workout was being distributed by Navarre Video. When I checked their online catalog I found that their catalog closely matches the DVDs stocked at Ross Dress for Less stores here in Calif: http://www.navarre.com/search.aspx?S...&SearchFor=200

So I'm wondering if I've found the holy grail... ok, not quite but - could this essentially be an online catalog of all exercise videos POTENTIALLY stocked at Ross stores?

I emailed management at Ross & Navarre asking them and got no replies (I'm just a lone consumer after all).

Anyone else have any idea how to find out? Is it more likely that Ross' DVDs sections are stocked by several suppliers? Wouldn't it be nice to see what MIGHT appear in Ross stores before you had to stake them out?

For those who want to know, I was chasing down a video compilation called "Complete At-Home Workouts" that I figured would be on Ross shelves and traced it back to Brentwood Studios which is pretty much only distributed by Navarre. I'm not actually interested in acquring the video but I was curious how Ross ends up with these compilations.

Another indication: the new Kristin McGee Power Yoga DVD is showing up as coming out in two weeks - and yet I already saw it at Ross for $4.99. It also appears in the Navarre catalog and not too many other places...
Old 10-03-06, 04:27 PM  
Melody

Darn! I was thinking maybe this was a place to order on line -I dont have a Ross anywhere near me! MEL
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 05:55 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Hmmm, well it doesn't list Jari Love's Slim and Lean or RTTC which have been spotted at every other Ross BUT mine (!!), does list Get Ripped and Ripped 1000.

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 10:36 PM  
sweetmelissak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby
Hmmm, well it doesn't list Jari Love's Slim and Lean or RTTC which have been spotted at every other Ross BUT mine (!!), does list Get Ripped and Ripped 1000. Pam
I feel your pain. I've been patiently waiting for those to show up at my Ross too. Anyway RTTC and S&L are both on that list as are a ton of workouts I've seen at Ross. I can only hope this list means workouts that are coming to Ross because there is MUCH on that list that I would LOVE to find for cheap!!

I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Currently: "Kitchen Sink" rotation started on 9/19/06
sweetmelissak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 10:57 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Anyway RTTC and S&L are both on that list as are a ton of workouts I've seen at Ross
Sorry, did a search for Jari and didn't come up with them so must have missed them. Couldn't believe there were so many listed!!

Headed for Spokane (read *BIG CITY*) this week and plan to drag my SIL around to every Ross I can find!!

ETA: Yeesh, that's just pathetic!

Pam
Old 10-04-06, 07:51 AM  
AngiTN

I don't know. I think the stock varies too greatly from store to store for them to be from 1 source like this. The lone Ross in my area rarely stocks any workouts worth buying. The store is only about 3 years old but has been a disaster area since day one. I believe they must have a regional management system because if all the stores were like our local one, they'd be out of business in 3 months.
Old 10-04-06, 10:38 AM  
StephanieF

Quote:
headed for Spokane (read *BIG CITY*) this week
Me too! I went to Ross on Division yesterday and it was a disaster. My sister commented that it looked like a bomb had gone off in there. I couldn't find any Jari's. I hope you have better luck!
StephanieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 11:41 AM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Well, drat Stephanie. Thats just where I was heading. Maybe something will come in on the trucks this week.

The difference in Ross stores is interesting. I find the one in Moscow ID has had very little stock from day one compared to the one in Lewiston ID.

If it's a no go, I'm using my Amazon GC to get both...should cover both DVDs and maybe shipping!

Pam