Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-06, 06:55 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs
I don't think this is the same ol' same ol' in Lurdes case at all. If SNM had handled it differently, then there would be something positive being said. The ball was in their court.
ITA,

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 09:08 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Zen
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear - what I meant was I am tired of reading this issue being harped ad infinitum in the Cathe threads.
If you prefer to read 100% positive Cathe gush, this ain't the place
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 09:28 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

This latest update finally prompted me to cancel my preorder. All along I said I was keeping it, but I've passed on several DVDs I want because I didn't want to spend more money. So now I have nothing new and no Cathe's for a long time. It's nothing against them and their questionable business practices, I just want something new for my $65! So now, what to buy?!?!?! I'll probably feel bad about my decision when they finally come out, but I want something new now. I still love Cathe's workouts and really admire all she's been able to accomplish, and if she wants to make high impact workouts until she's in her 80s, good for her!

Alison
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 01:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Actually, Cathe's unfortunate injury HAS had side benefits for VFers. And, for other instructors.

I've read several posts where those who have cancelled their Cathe pre-orders spent the dough on Amy Bento, Jari Love and Tracie Long workouts. Or, other instructors.

Discovering great, new workouts you might not have tried is always a gift!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 01:55 PM  
fitnancy

Allison - your girls are adorable!

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm still glad I preorded. I appreciate the discount, I've long since paid the CC, and when the DVDs finally come it will feel like Christmas! (My birthday's at the end of September - maybe there's still a chance to get them then, but I'm not counting on it...) By the time they come, maybe I'll be ready for a change from the TLTs and WHFNs I've been focusing on lately. I'm going to have to go back and read the descriptions - I don't really remember what workouts I ordered anymore!
fitnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 02:14 PM  
kristieschultz

Nancy,

What on earth are the whfn's that I've been hearing about lately? What does that stand for and what are they like?

Mike,
I understand you're sick on this thing. My husband would certainly get tired of hearing about it over and over if I talked to him about. BUT, I don't. That is why I come here and talk to people about it that understand what I am saying and wan to harp about it with me. If you don't want to hear about it then just don't click on the thread, and if you see a thread going in that direction just stop reading it. No one is forcing you to read about it, so please don't harp to us about our harping that you don't have to read if you don't want to.
kristieschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 02:22 PM  
fitnancy

Kristie - it stands for Women's Health and Fitness Network - these were created by Anna Benson (creator of the Firm). Check out whfn.com for more info. There are a total of 12 workouts, and I love them all. If you search on this forum I'm sure you'll find lots of threads. They came out a little over a year ago. Hope this helps.
fitnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 02:55 PM  
MARIKA

Isn't this harpers.com??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieschultz
Nancy,

What on earth are the whfn's that I've been hearing about lately? What does that stand for and what are they like?

Mike,
I understand you're sick on this thing. My husband would certainly get tired of hearing about it over and over if I talked to him about. BUT, I don't. That is why I come here and talk to people about it that understand what I am saying and wan to harp about it with me. If you don't want to hear about it then just don't click on the thread, and if you see a thread going in that direction just stop reading it. No one is forcing you to read about it, so please don't harp to us about our harping that you don't have to read if you don't want to.
That's why I'm here!!
Old 06-13-06, 03:00 PM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes
I emailed SNM when I realized that although I'd preordered the DVDs last year on the first or second day, by April/May of 2006 I'd arranged to move overseas and the shipping I prepaid was only for within the US. I asked SNM if they'd be wiling to cover the costs of shipping to the UK, considering that I ordered in good faith from the US (I had no idea at the time that I might leave the country) and I never thought the preorder would be so "pre", so to speak. The response I got was a definite 'NO' -- they would have to charge me extra to ship outside the US. Not very thoughtful customer service, especially since I've been a loyal customer for more than a decade and I've participated in every single preorder.

So no, they're not giving anything to loyal customers, and really not making even the smallest gesture to thank us for our patience. I've yet to cancel my preorder for this series, mainly because I'm stubborn, but I'm beginning to think seriously about doing so.

Lurdes
Generally I try not to post to Cathe threads anymore because I've already said pretty much all I want to say but this really ticks me off.

I'm very disappointed in SNM for not picking up the international charges for Lourdes. I agree with the poster who said the ball was in their court and they dropped it, big time.

I've always been a staunch supporter of Cathe and have always had excellent customer service from SNM. I also don't think they need to give us something special for keeping our pre-orders but her situation definitely deserves special consideration. Bad call to not pick up the shipping charges, IMHO.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-06, 06:08 PM  
Shoe Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnancy
when the DVDs finally come it will feel like Christmas
It probably will be Christmas.
I preordered and I'm staying with it.
Shoe Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe injury, cathe preorder, cathe presale, presale drama, sash series