Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-06, 07:40 AM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes
Thanks DRD0, Erica, for sympathizing. I was quite disappointed with SNM's reply. It's really sort of odd - you'd think they'd make the gesture to keep their devoted and patient customers happy. Instead, it appears they intend to rely on our loyalty and our faith that the product will ultimately be worth the long wait (and, in my case, the extra cost)!

Lurdes
I've had terrible problems with them in the past and I'm promised myself never EVER to buy from them again (I got my Cathes from other vendors and vidiots on the Yayas). Not only they made no effort to solve the problems they had created, but they were rude. Perhaps they have a problem with overseas order ?
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 08:25 AM  
helene
VF Supporter

Another one that cancelled the pre-order. I'm buying new yoga DVDs. I love Cathe, but could not wait anymore. I don't know if I will order her new DVDs when they come out. I have almost all of her DVDs and I am satisfied. I don't know what will be so different in the new ones.

Also, like some of you, being in my 40s, I have to cross-train. So I do Cathe, yoga, walk, bike etc. It's easier on my knees.
Old 06-12-06, 08:38 AM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjack
it's funny, I pre-ordered the dvds before I was pregnant. I wonder how old my daughter will be when I receive the order...she is due next month.

-joanne
Joanne - I'm in the same situation!! I was trying to get pregnant when the preorder was announced, and now I'm due in a couple of weeks. At first I thought I would use the workouts in my early pregnancy. Then when it moved back I thought they would a good "get back in shape" workouts. Now I think it will be a "get in shape before the next baby" routine!!
Old 06-12-06, 09:28 AM  
Debbie555

Quote:
I'm disappointed also. When Cathe first announced that she had the surgery in April, she indicated that she could be filming in 9 weeks - that would mean filming would have been started very soon.
I too was very disappointed by Cathe's latest update. I was expecting to hear that filming would be any day now. Sometime this summer technically can mean anytime before Sept 21. That would mean those that preordered last Sept. would be waiting well over a year for their workouts.
Debbie555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 01:00 PM  
firmiewannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjack
it's funny, I pre-ordered the dvds before I was pregnant. I wonder how old my daughter will be when I receive the order...she is due next month.

-joanne
Pre-school? College? It's anyone's guess.
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 03:43 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I wish I didn't like Cathe's workouts so much because it would make it so much easier if I didn't care about her making new DVDs. I hope that she recovers fully and hope that the new DVDs will be great.

I also hope that the new DVDs come out soon because it would be a lot more fun and productive to be discussing the workouts than the anticipation of them.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 06:24 PM  
jordan

Hi Lurdes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan
Keeping my order was my choice and the only thing that I expect is the merchandise. I do not expect to take advantage of someone else’s misfortune. However, if Cathe decides to include a little thank you for her customer's patience, while she was recovering from surgery, than that would be appreciated.

I’m quoting myself because sometimes things are not black & white. I am not questioning SNM’s right to adjust your shipping charges, but I am choosing to comment on it.

I sympathize with your situation. I think that you qualify for special consideration. I don’t understand why SNM/Cathe would not extend the same kind of understanding that was given to them. The timeline of this pre-order is so different due to the uncertainty of Cathe’s injury & healing process (which I completely understand). Taking that into consideration, I don’t think that you should incur additional charges, especially since you paid US postage in good faith. I certainly understand why SNM would not pick up the difference under normal circumstances but this decision deserves the Charlie Horse award. I registered my feelings about your situation with SNM and gave them the opportunity to clarify their position. I have to send out a Raspberry for this one…………..

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 06:39 PM  
elisas
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan
I’m quoting myself because sometimes things are not black & white. I am not questioning SNM’s right to adjust your shipping charges, but I am choosing to comment on it.

I sympathize with your situation. I think that you qualify for special consideration. I don’t understand why SNM/Cathe would not extend the same kind of understanding that was given to them. The timeline of this pre-order is so different due to the uncertainty of Cathe’s injury & healing process (which I completely understand). Taking that into consideration, I don’t think that you should incur additional charges, especially since you paid US postage in good faith. I certainly understand why SNM would not pick up the difference under normal circumstances but this decision deserves the Charlie Horse award. I registered my feelings about your situation with SNM and gave them the opportunity to clarify their position. I have to send out a Raspberry for this one…………..

jordan
Just curious....do you work for SNM?
elisas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 07:40 PM  
jordan

Hi elisas,

Curiosity killed the cat and we can't have any of that on VF . The answer to your question is NO. If I worked for SNM, I would have picked up the extra shipping charges for Lurdes. *sigh* I can only speak for myself, which dose not do much to change the circumstances.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 07:42 PM  
DRD0

I totally agree with Abbe above about preferring to do these work-outs and rave how they are making me buff, then wondering when we are going to get them. I am hoping Cathe is cautiously getting herself into buff filming shape and she is being vague because she is testing the waters(or her knee) before she commits.

Not sure why anyone thinks Jordan works for SNM. She is a consumer like the rest of us and recognizes a faux pax when she sees one.
DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe injury, cathe preorder, cathe presale, presale drama, sash series