Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-06, 01:43 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I also have had very positive experiences with Amazon; I have stopped using Ebay because the customer service on Amazon is so much better, and you can pretty much find everything on Amazon now. I have had a couple of experiences with the marketplace sellers on Amazon where I did not receive the item, and I e-mailed Amazon and received a refund immediately.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-06, 03:53 PM  
Elisa B.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindi
A shame that one bad experience was souring. I've had multiple issues that required intervention by/Amazon's CS over problems and have always been treated fairly, respectfully and reached a satisfactory resolution. Even when I've had problems w/a seller who uses Amazon, Amazon has always gone the extra mile to make it right.
It really was more amusing than aggravating, since they had essentially given me something for free and I was just trying to give it back. I haven't had any occasion to email them since then, but it sounds like they've improved their customer service. I really didn't mean to change the subject from SNM -- I've been lucky enough not to have ever had any problems with them -- the DVDs play in my player, I thought the sound on the Hardcores was adequate, and so forth -- but from everything I've read here, they have a customer service problem.

Anyway, I don't feel like a "sucker" over the preorder thing -- I haven't canceled because I still want the workouts, and the wait doesn't bother me because I have a ton of other workouts I can do in the meantime. It wasn't an amount of money that I can't afford to lose if worst comes to worst and SNM goes under and I never see my money again. If I had it back, I wouldn't invest it for retirement; I wouldn't buy other workouts because I can't think of anything else I want right now; honestly, if I had the money in my hands right now I would probably just spend it on take-out Chinese food and a bottle of wine. Or whatever -- I just mean, it wouldn't make a huge difference in my life.

I feel sorry for Cathe for being injured because it sucks to be injured, but that doesn't really affect my decision. I don't feel like Cathe is my personal friend, I certainly don't think of myself as a "rabid Catheite" or whatever, I just like her workouts and use them often.

Elisa
Elisa B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 02:45 AM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
I've had terrific customer service from Amazon. Both form letters and a few personal communications relevant to the situation. Never a hassle with questions about my order or with returns.

I'd much rather have one of Amazon's polite, coherent and respectful form letters, than some of the badly written and disrespectful e-mails I have received from SNM.
DITTO ! I've never had a problem with Amazon, and I do order a lot from them.
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 09:45 AM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H.
I'm disappointed also. When Cathe first announced that she had the surgery in April, she indicated that she could be filming in 9 weeks - that would mean filming would have been started very soon. http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...ng_type=search

I thought that it was very unrealistic that she could film that quickly after surgery, but I still took her word on it. I wish that she had posted another update since then saying that filming wouldn't be started until later than anticipated.

Erica
Although, I cancelled the pre-order and do not frequent that board as much, I must state that she never should have even given any time frame at this juncture of her recovery. Though we all agree her whole handling of this pre-sale that is turning into a one-year sale was outrageous, she needs to just focus on getting better and forget the money end of it. I am sure SNM have suffered customer withdrawal (cancellations) and everything else after all this mess. Hopefully they have learned a valued lesson about being upfront and honest with their clientele and never allow this to happen again. As, for me, my new policy is reviews first and foremost and no more pre-sales again.
Old 06-19-06, 09:47 AM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w
I've forgotten I even preordered these workouts. When was the initial preorder made anyway? I know I was included in the first wave of preorders but that was so long ago....
September, 2005...almost a year, UNBELIEVABLE....
Old 06-19-06, 12:27 PM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab40's
I doubt SNM will give any discounts or free gifts (maybe a Cathe mug, Oooooh). They refuse to lower their outrageous shipping costs or older workout dvds. I haven't seen SNM ever generous. Remember, we have to feel sorry for Cathe because she is injured. That makes it ok for SNM to keep the preorder money for so long! She has her Catheites who worship her, those suckers help to keep SNM operating the way they do.
That is the problem with SNM. If it was not for that riot over on the Cathe board back in December/January, we never would have known that Cathe's original injury happened back in November, 2005!!! SNM, finally put it out there and ppl were quite upset, and justly so. But the ironic part about all of this is that SNM never thought that they did anything wrong. I may be wrong about this, but no major "I am sorry" came from that camp, and that is what really burned ppl up to cancel from them.

For me, that alone, constitute a discount to anyone still hanging onto the pre-sale. I don't really see her filming until September, maybe July, but folks won't get the hands on the DVD's until one year after the pre-sale announcement.
Old 06-19-06, 12:38 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icey
I may be wrong about this, but no major "I am sorry" came from that camp, and that is what really burned ppl up to cancel from them.
"Love means never having to say you're sorry"...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 12:49 PM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
"Love means never having to say you're sorry"...
LOL.....

Tags
cathe injury, cathe preorder, cathe presale, presale drama, sash series