Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-06, 05:40 PM  
mabyrd1

I need a little advice...

I have put on a couple of pounds (mostly due to eating) but thats not what i need advice on. I usually do Cathe the firm Turbo jam and Christi Taylor! I also use my treadmill and do strechng 2 or 3 days a week. Here is how Iusually work out

Sunday-REST/or strech
Monday-AM Cardio and Weights around 1 hr and 30/45 minutes treadmill pm
Tuesday-Cardio(step or TJ cardio party)am and 20 min strech/ 30/45 minutes treadill
Wednesday-AM Cardio and weights 1 hr/ Pm 30/45 minutes treadmill
Thursday-am Cardio(step or tj cardio Party and 20 min streach/ 30/45 treadmill
Friday --AM ALL weights (cathe pub, muscule max, Jari Love, the firm bootcamp)
Saturday--Cardio CIA 2605 my fav right now!!! and I might walk on treadmill if I have time

I was thinking maybe I need MORE cardio and on Wednesdays do cardio instead of c and w!! The eating is up to me and i am not trying to talk about that but i would like all of yalls in put on my rountine> I use HEAVY weights on FRIDay I try to use the same weights as Cathe!! I have the mucsule but it has the layer of fat over it in the upper body stomach and up Legs look pretty good!! So Please feel free to give any advice I will take any!! I have been exerzing for about 3 years!!Thanks Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 05:47 PM  
crysmz

My first thought is maybe you're gaining weight because all of that exercise is making you extra hungry. Honestly that seems like plenty of cardio to me (5 days a week for over an hour) so I don't think you should have to add anymore.

But that's just my opinion.
crysmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 07:20 PM  
KathAL79

That does sound like you're getting plenty of cardio already; I wouldn't drop a weights session to add more.

If you have felt hungrier with your current rotation, it might be worth toying around with adding in more weights or a functional fitness day or something of that sort.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 07:36 PM  
Mary09

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmz
My first thought is maybe you're gaining weight because all of that exercise is making you extra hungry. Honestly that seems like plenty of cardio to me (5 days a week for over an hour) so I don't think you should have to add anymore.

But that's just my opinion.
I agree. I think there comes a point, and some fitness books discuss this, where people retain fat due to heavy cardio. The body wants a reserve of fuel for those mega cardio sessions. Sometimes, if you eat less, it'll even hoard the fat and burn the upper body muscles instead. (According to Covert Bailey in "Fit or Fat").
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 07:49 PM  
Kyra

Seems like your looking for the magic bullet in exercise and the cure is really in diet - as you suggest yourself. I would concentrate on nailing that.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 08:16 PM  
MariaKatherine

If I were you, I would decrease the cardio to (at most) 1 hr. per day, 4 days a week. Keep up with the weight training, and maybe add some functional fitness to mix things up and shock your metabolism.

"You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance."
--Lee Iacocca
MariaKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-06, 08:52 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I agree about decreasing cardio. For a little while now I've been trying to run about 30-35 miles a week - which has meant doing less of everything else. I've actually gained weight (without even changing my eating habits). I think sometimes with cardio, less is more. I'm trying something new: 25-30 miles a week, only 2 interval workouts of running, and more yoga (which for me doubles as strength training). When I was happier with my appearence, I was following a more balanced rotation.
alikruegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 08:13 AM  
Gardengirl

Unfortunately, I think it probably has more to do with diet than exercise (for me as well)! I kind of agree with everyone else who thinks that cutting back on your cardio and watching your diet would be a good place to start. Now, if I could only practice what I preach!!
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 12:48 PM  
mabyrd1

Thanks ..

everybody for the advice. I agree my D*** is what i need to watch!! I wish exersize was the key to it ALL becasue I need to sew my mouth!! Thanks everbody I don't think I will increase cardio just try to watch my D***!!

PS I think I will also try some funiciional fitness!!
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote