Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-06, 11:11 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Cathe mini-mini update, 'sometime this summer a realistic option'...

Cathe responded in her 'Ask Cathe' forum today to a request about when filming might begin that ...While I cannot make any promises, I think sometime this summer is a realistic option.

I'm a bit disappointed. I'm hoping it's like that old adage 'the road to great rewards is paved with low expectations' and she's hedging her bets.
Old 06-10-06, 12:04 AM  
Biteset

Juuuuuuuuuuust a bit of expansion on the "realistic option" would be nice. But so far, I have faith in her good intentions, both regarding the filming as well as the accuracy of her updates (trying to avoid misleading anybody). It's always nice when she's more chatty, but I appreciate even mini-mini updates. At least she's paying attention and not completely ignoring people who ask questions. I like her presence on her forum. She seems pretty darn accessible, but still appropriately reserved. (anyone laughing at me yet?)

Gisela
Biteset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 06:43 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I hope she is fully healed before filming even though I would like to have the workouts now. As far as her accessibility on the boards, it sure is nice to have her answering inquiries much more frequently - daily in most cases.
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 07:24 AM  
Erica H.

I'm disappointed also. When Cathe first announced that she had the surgery in April, she indicated that she could be filming in 9 weeks - that would mean filming would have been started very soon. http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...ng_type=search

I thought that it was very unrealistic that she could film that quickly after surgery, but I still took her word on it. I wish that she had posted another update since then saying that filming wouldn't be started until later than anticipated.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 08:04 AM  
cherimac

This doesn't make any sense, but I feel like these workouts came out already and are old news~because the anticipation has worn off, I guess. I'm disappointed because the CTX type workouts and step similar to Rythmic Step were the ones I was most looking forward to and who knows WHEN that will occur.
Old 06-10-06, 08:30 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I've forgotten I even preordered these workouts. When was the initial preorder made anyway? I know I was included in the first wave of preorders but that was so long ago....

I'm looking forward to them, I think Cathe always delivers quality workouts, but there have been so many great workouts released lately, like the TLT's and Jari's, that I haven't thought about Cathe for a long time. My joints are thanking me too!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 10:10 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w
When was the initial preorder made anyway?
I think it was around September. It looks very likely to me that these DVD's will take at least a year between preorder and 'in-out-hands.' I certainly hope there's a "free shipping" coupon or even a "$3 off your next order" coupon in with the DVD's that get sent out to those who were in the first wave of preorders. Mindy's DVD's were only a couple of weeks late, and she sent those who pre-ordered a "free shipping on next order" code. (hint, hint! )

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 10:13 AM  
Celia M

I'm sooooo glad I cancelled

It's absolutely clear it's going to be at least a year and probably more after the preorder that these tapes are going to be produced. I cancelled last December when it became clear to me that these weren't going to be delivered anything close to schedule.

I love a bargain as much as the next gal, but I'd rather pay full price when the tapes finally come out than to allow someone the use of my money for an unlimited period of time without any firm commitment. I know there have been health issues and extenuating circumstances, but there comes a point where - even with Cathe - "trust me" wears a little thin.
Old 06-10-06, 12:06 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
I think it was around September. It looks very likely to me that these DVD's will take at least a year between preorder and 'in-out-hands.' I certainly hope there's a "free shipping" coupon or even a "$3 off your next order" coupon in with the DVD's that get sent out to those who were in the first wave of preorders. Mindy's DVD's were only a couple of weeks late, and she sent those who pre-ordered a "free shipping on next order" code. (hint, hint! )
...........And a free Cathe Mug, shirt etc and some other free stuff included when the DVDs finally ship would be nice. I don't think free shipping is that great for someone who already has all of her stuff.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 12:11 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I guess I'm greedy...I was thinking along the lines of a bonus workout DVD for those of us who have waited it out all this time. Kind of a long shot, though!

Tags
cathe injury, cathe preorder, cathe presale, presale drama, sash series