Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-06, 12:13 AM  
Mary09

I thought it was a calf injury? Poor Cathe.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 12:20 AM  
slimandfit

I feel so sorry for Cathe. Hope she heals real soon. Does this mean she'll take her high impact cardio down a notch? I guess she'll start filming in 8 weeks so that would mean around mid-June.
slimandfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 06:15 AM  
Lisan1128

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe
If I were Cathe, the last thing I would want to do is to go back to doing the same kinds of exercise that I was doing before. I don't think it makes sense to go back to doing the high impact and all the other knee-stressing activities. I would be afraid of re-injuring that knee or injuring the other knee.

A friend of mine had knee surgery and it took a year until she was able to resume all her normal exercise activities, and even after more than a year, the knee hurts if she overdoes it.

I totally agree. I LOVE CATHE , but can't do her workouts because of the high impact and intensity. My body responds better to other types of exercising. That's one of the reasons why I prefer to play it safe with my knees. Ultimately, it will catch up with you and I don't see Cathe being able to do these type of workouts forever. It's just not sustainable over time...
Many blessings to her and a speedy recovery
Old 04-14-06, 07:34 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

I am glad she finally has a diagnosis and hoping for a speedy and excellent recovery.

I am also hoping that she will now show different levels on her workouts. It is easy to say that a workout can be modified but many don't know how or find it easier to just try to do what the instructor is doing. I would love to see more low impact, high intensity workouts.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 08:32 AM  
pfhanna

I, also, agree with what Abbe said earlier. It sounds as if Cathe is going to have to modify her workouts. Someone also suggested her doing lower impact, which is fine for me. I had knee surgery from "overuse" and it has taken me a year to recover. Some of you guys have excellent ideas of how she could make some future workouts, with her doing lower and others doing more intense, etc.? Maybe, Cathe, could do a workout with weights just putting together clips of her past workouts (kind of what Firm does?), or is this a bad idea??? Thank you, Pam.
Old 04-14-06, 08:48 AM  
Kyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1120
I am glad she finally has a diagnosis and hoping for a speedy and excellent recovery.
^^^^ Yup. Getting a diagnosis/treatment had to be a load off her mind.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 10:52 AM  
Shoe Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl
I ordered the first or second day back in September 2005.
My invoice says Sept. 16, 2005
Shoe Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 11:18 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna
It sounds as if Cathe is going to have to modify her workouts.
I must have missed something in Cathe's announcement. To me, it sounds like the docs found her problem, fixed it, end of story. Why would she now have to modify her workouts, after she recovers from her surgery?

Just because *some* people can't keep doing high impact as they get older, doesn't mean *all* people can't.... All this "I hope this teaches Cathe a lesson" talk that's been going on over here for months now is getting incredibly tiresome.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 11:31 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina
I must have missed something in Cathe's announcement. To me, it sounds like the docs found her problem, fixed it, end of story. Why would she now have to modify her workouts, after she recovers from her surgery?

Just because *some* people can't keep doing high impact as they get older, doesn't mean *all* people can't.... All this "I hope this teaches Cathe a lesson" talk that's been going on over here for months now is getting incredibly tiresome.
I completely agree!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 12:11 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina

i know i can always count on a good "cathe bashing" at this forum.... *rolls eyes*

what it comes down to.. if you don't like or want to do cathe's higher impact workouts.. then don't do them! if you like them and they work for you... go for it!

i, personally love cathe's workouts.. i rarely do anyone else...

i hope she recovers quickly....

as for the cathe bashing in this forum... it does get tiresome.....
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe injury