Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-05, 02:58 PM  
Juliekins
VF Supporter

Just because I wasn't all that clear on it myself, here is a good writeup on what Chapter 11 bankruptcy actually means.

I am also excited about what this could mean for the Firm. Chaptered workouts? Could it be? <fans self>
Juliekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-05, 04:09 PM  
AnnieQ
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliekins
I am also excited about what this could mean for the Firm. Chaptered workouts? Could it be? <fans self>
Get the smelling salts, Julia!

Maybe they will also shoot some Firm workouts outside!
AnnieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 06:45 AM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

This is GREAT news! I've been a Gaiam customer for years. I initially bought through their catalogs and then to my joy, I found out I lived within a half hour of the Gaiam Warehouse!!! This company is wonderful! They have several divisions but the warehouse finds range from workout tapes and dvds, fitness equipment (balls, bands, elliptical machines etc), organic clothing and bedding,housewares, makeup and lotions even organic food! I almost hate to tell all you smartbell people, but I found a 12 pound blue smartbell there about 3 or 4 years ago for $5.!!!!

I only have personal experience at the local level but this company is wonderful to deal with. The local people seem committed to quality goods and services, and the company seems employee friendly (they offer yoga classes etc. to employees).

I think if we're all patient, we can look forward to some great products and excellent customer service!
Karen
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 07:08 AM  
woodie

More about sale- good news for some!

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2854747

Woohoo!

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 10:12 AM  
F1mom

Okay, NOW I'm excited. Could this mean the re-release of Power Burn with Dale? The release of FIRM classics (besides Vol. 1) on chaptered DVDs? Maybe even a new FIRM barbell to replace my 7 year old one?
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 01:00 PM  
amyzan
VF Supporter

I wonder if Gaiam will sell some of the newly acquired products through Whole Foods? (WFM bought Gaiam in 1999, I think it was.) One of the press releases mentions retail as a wider outlet.

Amy

from Stream of Life, Rabindranath Tragore
amyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 09:46 PM  
gwendolyn

This is definitely good news! I see chaptered Leslie Sansone. Taebo and Firm DVDs in the horizon! Woo-hoo
gwendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 10:21 PM  
KickDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeLaVie
I almost hate to tell all you smartbell people, but I found a 12 pound blue smartbell there about 3 or 4 years ago for $5.!!!!

Did you buy it?

I wonder if this means there's still hope for me? I've told myself that I shall just have to wait until the SmartBells go on some desperation clearance sale, and if that never happens, then I'll never get them.
Old 07-15-05, 12:44 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Just wanted to give people a heads-up (since I work for a company that's in Chapter 11 bankruptcy) - if you've paid money to GoodTimes for anything, once they've filed for bankruptcy protection, they are no longer obligated to provide you with what you've ordered. In order to get your money back (for products orservices), you'll need to file a claim with them, which they are legally required to send to you or to post on their website at some point in the future. You'll join the very long list of people and businesses who are owed money. Payment, if any, and how much, will be determined by their reorganization plan and approval of their bankruptcy judge. Good luck ...
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-05, 12:55 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendolyn
This is definitely good news! I see chaptered Leslie Sansone. . . .in the horizon! Woo-hoo
And they're beautiful!
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service