Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-04, 09:40 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Re: I will loan out any Cathe workouts...

Quote:
Originally posted by suebella
However, I do think SNM should hear about problems with their customer service. How can they fix something that they don't know about?
Who am I supposed to email to complain about the customer service? Any email sent to customer support goes to the same ignorant droids that send the curt replies. (If they bother to reply at all).

If we had the name and email of someone with some authority, who could actually DO something. Who might actually apologise for inept interactions, etc.

Like, who is the Amber Otto at Cathe.com?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:50 AM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

Isn't it some guy named Chris???
Old 02-21-04, 10:03 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

Re: Re: I will loan out any Cathe workouts...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alta
Who am I supposed to email to complain about the customer service? Any email sent to customer support goes to the same ignorant droids that send the curt replies. (If they bother to reply at all).

If we had the name and email of someone with some authority, who could actually DO something. Who might actually apologise for inept interactions, etc.

Like, who is the Amber Otto at Cathe.com?
Send it to Cathe. Seriously.

There has to be an e-mail address for her somewhere.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:08 AM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Post at "Ask Cathe" and email

I had a problem w/ an order. I first emailed and then posted at "Ask Cathe" and titled my post "For SNM." They didn't reply to the post but they did reply to the email.

Lollie
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Re: Re: Re: I will loan out any Cathe workouts...

Quote:
Send it to Cathe. Seriously.
There has to be an e-mail address for her somewhere.
If anyone can find it, let me know.

I suspect that Cathe is fairly well insulated from the day-to-day workings of SnM. What with raising a family, choosing designer Cathe-wear and churning out videos like an energizer bunny, I doubt she has any idea what goes on. And maybe doesn't want to know.

I've said it before, if a product or company had MY name on it, I would keep tabs on every detail. But then, I'm anal. (What a surprise!)

I notice she doesn't reply to Forum questions very much any more. (Especially the "Owie - I hurt my knee doing Imax" ones.)

Gripers are either attacked or ignored.

(I think I need to go back to bed! :rolleyes: )

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-21-04, 10:18 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

SNM replies are always curt regardless of the subject. Someone didn't take business letter writing 101. Because of the internet, many people don't seem to know how to write a professional letter anymore.

I also got the wrong DVD. I emailed them, got a curt reply, but they did send the right DVD within nine days and it works fine.

Give them a chance to make it right. I think DVD cases are not good for mailing. If they receive any pressure, the DVD falls off the little center thingie, and it gets all scratched up.

I have always gotten good CS from Cathe's company even if their writing manners could stand improvement.
Old 02-21-04, 10:24 AM  
firmbogie

I wonder..

if the reason SNM insists on your returning the defective divd might be this: it's possible your defective dvd might play in another player. I have seen many trade posts that offer dvds in a "plain case." I always wonder if that person got a replacement dvd, and is now trying to trade the one that didn't work in their player, I don't know. Also, my Slow and Heavy dvd doesn't work in any of my dvd players, it skips and freezes all the time, and this was a replacement dvd. I've just given up.
Old 02-21-04, 10:27 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

All right Alta...

...I revived my information over at Cathe.com and posted a (I hope) courteous request for information on SNM customer service.

My name is "LaGianconda" over there and it should be in the "ASk Cathe" forum.

We'll see what happens.

(And that's all the cross forum talk I will do today - PM me if you can't find the post!).

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:43 AM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Re: I wonder..

Quote:
Originally posted by firmbogie
if the reason SNM insists on your returning the defective divd might be this: it's possible your defective dvd might play in another player. I have seen many trade posts that offer dvds in a "plain case." I always wonder if that person got a replacement dvd, and is now trying to trade the one that didn't work in their player, I don't know. Also, my Slow and Heavy dvd doesn't work in any of my dvd players, it skips and freezes all the time, and this was a replacement dvd. I've just given up.
I've had the request to return the defective product come about VHS from SNM and Collage as well. This is a reasonable request; an unscrupulous person could claim that they had a defective product (even if the product was flawless), get a replacement, and then sell the "defective" product.

I'd ask about anything being offered in a plain case; there are plenty of good explanations, but I'd want to hear that explanation so that I could decide if it was good :rolleyes: .
Old 02-21-04, 01:25 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Re: All right Alta...

Quote:
...I revived my information over at Cathe.com and posted a (I hope) courteous request for information on SNM customer service.
My name is "LaGianconda" over there and it should be in the "ASk Cathe" forum.
We'll see what happens.
(And that's all the cross forum talk I will do today - PM me if you can't find the post!).
I can't find it , so I'll PM you. (Go get 'em, Suze!)

EDITED TO ADD: Your PM box is full!

I have no problem returning the defective DVD. I just wish they would:

A) Show the decency to apologise. Especially as this has happened to me twice.

B) Admit that there have been problems with scratched DVDs, wrong DVDs being shipped, incompatable DVDs, etc.

(One time they sent me TWO Pyramid DVDs. I promptly informed them and arranged to send it back. They were STILL short with me. And no "thank you". I ought to have kept it and given it to somebody!)

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
bad customer service, cathe preorder, snm