Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-04, 08:56 AM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

hahaha I'm no fool!

I'd have to have a few drinks before I'd do that!
Old 02-21-04, 09:05 AM  
QT1

Well, maybe that's why their customer service is not improving - it's because so few people dare to post negative comments about them. Maybe all they keep reading and hearing are comments like "You have the best customer service!" or "You guys are so wonderful!"
QT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:15 AM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

If I personally ever encounter bad customer service from them, I'll have those few drinks and complain and take the heat from the board if I have to.

I have to agree w/you QT, how can anyone improve if they're sheltered from knowing that they're less than perfect?
Old 02-21-04, 09:22 AM  
suzannaerin

My Slow Heavy DVD has "freeze and skip" segments that are absolutely frustrating, so I just use my video versions. Truth of the matter is that I didn't want to be treated like an idiot, so I haven't tried to return it.

For the first time, I haven't preordered. Cathe's done way too many "boot camp" type and endurance workouts for my taste. I can no longer do her cardio because it's too high impact and I just don't get a lot out of lower wgt/hi rep workouts.

I think Cathe's pinnacle was Slow Heavy. Since then, the strength workouts are just too much like others out there---rushing through reps/sets. Push Pull was OK, but the Pyramid series is just too dang fast paced for safety, in my opinion.

I wonder, as she hits her 40s, whether she'll start doing more "joint friendly" cardio?

Poor customer service is a good way to lose your customer base. I think that as she's gotten more popular, things have gotten worse in terms of customer satisfaction.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Mindi and QT1...

I agree that the Cathe Forum seems to be mostly raves and compliments. I am not registered there (for that very reason). If I went on, it would most certainly be construed as an attack. I am an unknown.

But if a regular poster were to alert Cathe to the bad customer service, that may carrry some weight.

I dunno.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:24 AM  
muffins135

I think Cathe makes some excellent workouts but I think she is trying to do too much with all these premixes, etc. Now, with all these problems it seems like her and her company are living in denial - basically telling customers that it is the dvd player that is at fault and not the dvd. I find it interesting that the new Beginner/Intermediate workouts won't be loaded with premixes because they don't want any dvd problems with this company they are working with. So, I guess its ok to have a whack of problems with your loyal customers who were with you first.
It's like shark to chum when someone posts a negative comment over at Cathe's site about her customer service.
Michele
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:25 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

It's not just the Supersets and Push/Pull DVD that I have problems. I frequently have a hard time getting her other DVDs to play, too. Of course, it's my fault also that my DVD player can handle all my other DVDs perfectly - just not SNM-produced ones. This matter was brought up on Cathe's forum, but I don't recall that SNM addressed the issue at all.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:27 AM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

Well Alta, I could post it for you if you like? I'm not a regular poster there anymore for reasons we've touched on, I post now maybe once in 6months.

I'm guessing that some of the regular Cathe posters will see this though and perhaps one of them would be kind enough to bring it to her attention. If not, I'll throw back a few shots and head over there for ya. LOL
Old 02-21-04, 09:28 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Suzannaerin...

Quote:
Originally posted by suzannaerin

I think Cathe's pinnacle was Slow Heavy. Since then, the strength workouts are just too much like others out there---rushing through reps/sets. Push Pull was OK, but the Pyramid series is just too dang fast paced for safety, in my opinion.
Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth! Slow & Heavy is awesome (even if I rarely do it).

Most of her newer stuff all looks the same to me. I can't do the Intensities due to the awful whooping.

I don't do Cathe workouts very often. I ordered the last two for my DH. I pre-ordered the new ones because I thought they might be good. I'm still thinking of cancelling. Who needs the hassle?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 09:29 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

I will loan out any Cathe workouts...

...to folks who are interested in checking them out.

Please feel free to PM me.

I am really only doing the Body Blasts right now.

I was registered at the CAthe forum a long time ago, but I've forgotten all my registration information. I'm not really interested in instructor forums any longer - I like the variety of VF.

I agree that if I were to go over to register a complaint, or even an issue, I would probably hold my breath while posting!

However, I do think SNM should hear about problems with their customer service. How can they fix something that they don't know about?

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, cathe preorder, snm