Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-23, 04:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
UGH. My videos were in Chicago yesterday (I live in IL). Today they’re back in NJ! ***!!!
I'm so sorry, Sue. Hopefully that gets resolved soon! I'm sure you're frustrated, but the workouts will be worth the wait. They're so good!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 04:39 PM  
angie_nrs

Lower Body #1

I agree with the positive reviews on Lower Body 1, which is on disk 6. I loved the HEAVY weight and the very slow pace. Yes! The music was good too. I would compare it to Slow and Heavy but with small bits of variation tossed in, which was really nice. Coming in at 51 minutes is just about perfect for me. I also liked the new quad move at the end.

I added in the stretch DVD (#11 stretch only) b/c I did X-train CSB Burn sets yesterday and after LB1 today, I felt I needed the extra stretch. The workout itself was glorious. It felt really good, and I really needed it.

However.....the stretch disk had many pauses in it, like it was glitchy. It paused probably every 2-3 minutes. I repeated a portion at the end b/c I saw the exact time that it paused and it repeated it at the very same spot. I didn't have time to see if it would do the same in another player though, nor did I try to clean the DVD. I'm really interested now to know if anyone else is having this issue?
Old 05-25-23, 04:51 PM  
katmom

I forgot the download code was sent when I placed the order. Downloads in process now!
Old 05-25-23, 05:09 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I agree with the positive reviews on Lower Body 1, which is on disk 6. I loved the HEAVY weight and the very slow pace. Yes! The music was good too. I would compare it to Slow and Heavy but with small bits of variation tossed in, which was really nice. Coming in at 51 minutes is just about perfect for me. I also liked the new quad move at the end.

I added in the stretch DVD (#11 stretch only) b/c I did X-train CSB Burn sets yesterday and after LB1 today, I felt I needed the extra stretch. The workout itself was glorious. It felt really good, and I really needed it.

However.....the stretch disk had many pauses in it, like it was glitchy. It paused probably every 2-3 minutes. I repeated a portion at the end b/c I saw the exact time that it paused and it repeated it at the very same spot. I didn't have time to see if it would do the same in another player though, nor did I try to clean the DVD. I'm really interested now to know if anyone else is having this issue?
I love the new quad move too.

I saw a discussion about this on Cathe’s forum. I normally don’t go on her forum but was trying to get info on the user’s guide (before reading about it here).

Cathe's team’s response was something about older dvd players…I’m cooking dinner now but if I have time later I’ll try to find the response and post it…my dvd player is older too…I hope it’s not going to be an issue.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 05:38 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did the Upper Body 1 Premix (Express #1) which was about 45 minutes. You only do one set of exercises and the pace is slow and controlled for heavier lifting. Cathe doesn't go too heavy for something like Arnold Presses, for example and has Al pressing overhead to protect shoulders a bit more. I love that even though there is tremendous variety with the different pieces of equipment, there are so many choices. She works triceps really well, and I had my Fit Tower out for those (using tubing) and also for chin ups/pull ups. I could comment on so many things but will write a better review with the exercises and reps listed when I have more time. This is going to be a fun set of workouts but I need to lift a bit heavier than I have been doing. I had a kayaking event planned today and didn't want to overdo anything, so had that in mind before heading out to the water.

Current Rotation:
Old 05-25-23, 06:01 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I saw a discussion about this on Cathe’s forum. I normally don’t go on her forum but was trying to get info on the user’s guide (before reading about it here).

Cathe's team’s response was something about older dvd players…I’m cooking dinner now but if I have time later I’ll try to find the response and post it…my dvd player is older too…I hope it’s not going to be an issue.
here’s a link to the discussion:

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/hicc...ts-2-0.318404/

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 08:40 PM  
angie_nrs

Thanks TracyQ!

Since I've only done Lower Body 1 and Stretch, I sure hope there aren't any other DVD's that do this. It really wrecks the flow.

Lower Body performed flawlessly, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of the others do this. And, if that's the case, I don't see how it can be an issue with the DVD player. I've never heard of 'buffering' issues with a DVD.
Old 05-25-23, 09:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:

I added in the stretch DVD (#11 stretch only)

I will do the stretch workout tomorrow after my treadmill workout to see if I encounter any issues. I'll report back to let you know. I have an older DVD player but haven't had issues with LB1 or UB1. I think one of the folks on Cathe's forum was using a PS4 and CS said they hadn't tested on that particular equipment.

Current Rotation:
Old 05-26-23, 07:43 AM  
owltx

Quote:
I did the stretch routine this morning and had the same issue. I looked at the cathe forum response and really don't think it is a dvd player issue - I have not had issues with the other workouts so far (though i have only done a couple).

This stretch was awesome, in spite of the glitches. Will definitely return to this routine again and again. Very calming. I also did the mini ball abs and this was awesome. Adding the ball definitely helped with the boredom level.
Old 05-26-23, 07:43 AM  
T2B

STS 2.0: Lower Body #1. 🔥 Loved this. Love the exercises, the # of reps/sets, rep speed and the rests. Rest periods are long enough that you can set up and change weights without feeling rushed. VIP 🚫VIExercise is that Stability Ball Quad Lift. My quads started cramping after 3 reps. It’s a burner. I love the new set, love the clothes. For hip thrusts, to quickly move my bench back so that I had enough room to do hip thrusts, I put furniture sliders under the end corners of the bench/risers in order to slide it back easily, otherwise I would have had to remove the topper and then pick up my risers and move everything back in place. I’m going to Walmart or Target sometime this weekend to see if I can find 25# dumbbells.

The DVD case is beautiful and well crafted. Love!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar