Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-23, 01:32 PM  
prettyinpink

Would anyone mind posting the first week here?

I can’t get into the workout manager. I have an old account, tried to reset the password but it’s not working.

I feel sure the first three workouts are the full body ones, but is the order the same as they come in the DVD case?
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 02:31 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Supersets Total Body

Hi to all-

I was happy to see the workouts posted on the streaming site today! I decided to do a total body workout and randomly picked the Supersets one. I think there were also Giant Sets, and Trisets options for total body.

This was a good workout especially if you like lower reps and more setup time.

Cathe paired two opposing exercises/muscle groups together and had us do 3 rounds of 8 reps of each exercise with minimal rest between each exercise. However, she gave a 2 minute rest between each of the Supersets.

It was nice to have the time to go really heavy as there were only eight reps, but I thought the 2 minute rest was excessive, and ended up using the the third set to do extra reps, either 12 or 16 reps depending on the exercises.

The only exercise I really didn't like were the shrugs. My traps do not need any dedicated work, so I subbed in upright rows for some extra shoulder work.

The time went by very quickly, and even though I felt like I was working hard during the workout, the rest periods seem to give me a sense of it being easier than other some of Cathe's other total body workouts that I have done.

It felt like doing a PHA workout with tons of rest added in.

It was well produced, the music was unremarkable, and the background exercisers looked great although a little crowded together.

I got sick in the middle of Caroline Girvan's new Beast Mode program, and was glad to have a chance to try some of the STS 2.0 workouts before I go back to that rotation.

Cathe did try to add some new exercises/variations to the workouts. She had us kneel for bicep and shoulders, and added a resistance band to triceps kickbacks which I found surprisingly effective.

I did add on the 7 minute shoulder routine just to check it out, and liked that too.

I can see this being very useful in the Workout Blender--I picture someone removing the rests and turning it into a short, tough PHA workout.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 03:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I did STS 2.0 Lower Body 2 (Premix #2) which were two sets of each exercise. It was about 45 minutes in length, but I took longer getting my crap together. I lifted fairly heavy (for me) and loved this workout. Very different set of exercises from Lower Body 1. Sure, you're still squatting and lunging but not in the same manner as LB1. I just predict I will love all the weight workouts in this set and they will get a lot of use, unlike the original STS. If I get some spare time this weekend, I'll post a breakdown and comments in GD. I hope folks will start chiming in, as they do more of the workouts. I again loved Cathe's leggings, sort of a moss green color with subtle floral pattern maybe? So cute.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 04:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Would anyone mind posting the first week here?

I can’t get into the workout manager. I have an old account, tried to reset the password but it’s not working.

I feel sure the first three workouts are the full body ones, but is the order the same as they come in the DVD case?
Yes, that's correct. In between disc 1 and disc 2 is supposed to be Active Recovery (I think that's disc 11) and between 2 and 3 is Mat Yoga.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 04:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I've done Giant Sets and Supersets and the longer Stretch. I didn't have any glitches at all in the stretch, so who knows what's going on with that disc?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 05:38 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm (im)patiently waiting to see the breakdown for Tri Sets. I'm having fun working on a rotation!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 05:51 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Yes, that's correct. In between disc 1 and disc 2 is supposed to be Active Recovery (I think that's disc 11) and between 2 and 3 is Mat Yoga.
Thanks so much!

Giant Sets for me today, then. I expect I will not be going as heavy as I can this first time through.

All the recovery workouts are so short! I look forward to trying them, though I will continue to do my usual walking or light cardio on the off days.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 06:14 PM  
TracyQ

I did a YouTube step workout today and then STS2 no equipment abs. It was a decent abs workout. I do a lot of ab work, and some of the exercises were new to me (you got to hand it to Cathe coming up with new exercises after all these years) but at just over 10-minutes it’s a little shorter than I like.

I have some nice DOMS from Lower Body 1. I’m looking forward to trying Lower Body 2 either Sunday or Monday.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 08:44 PM  
bjones

Just a note on the Active Recovery/Stretch DVD. When playing the stretch in my old Sony DVD player with AV connections, it did that weird stuttering a lot during the stretch workout floor portion. It would slow down and then speed up for about 2 seconds. Very weird-not like sticking which happens with some DVD glitches. Then I played it in my newer Sony blu-ray with an HDMI cable and it worked fine. It seems to me, however, that anything advertised as a "DVD" should play in any DVD player, not just blu- rays! I mean its not even a blu-ray its a just a plain old DVD! IT SHOULD WORK!!!!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 06:56 AM  
momofcha

I did total body stretch and mobility 1 today. Both played fine in my 1 1/2 year old blu ray player. Loved them both. I’m finishing up CG iron so I will be utilizing the stretching and foam rolling workouts until I finish.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar