Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-20, 01:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Foldable Treadmill?

Does anyone have any experience with a "foldable" treadmill? My son is wanting one to walk on (no running). Any thoughts or suggestions? I don't want to buy something expensive until I know how much he uses it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 01:46 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm not sure if you're talking about a specific type of treadmill, but mine folds up to save space. All you do is lift the deck part up toward the console and big pins or whatever you call them hold it in place. It's just a regular ProForm treadmill.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 02:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Perhaps I need to reword my question. All of the less expensive treadmills I saw were folding and I assumed that the higher priced ones were not. Oops...

Carol
Old 12-05-20, 02:15 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I have a Spirit XT385 foldable treadmill and even though it folds up fairly easily, it still takes up quite a bit of room in the folded up position, more than I envisioned when I bought it. Plus, I like it to face the tv, so it's at the back of my workout room/spare bedroom facing the tv, so folding it upright only gives me a bit of room behind it and doesn't actually open up any extra floorspace in the part of the room I actually work out in.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 03:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Carol, mine cost about $560, I think. Like adawn pointed out, it depends how you do it if you free up much floor space. I rarely fold mine up but I used to in the nicer months when I didn't need it for running. I rolled it back toward the wall then so it actually opened up a little space but it does still have a decent sized footprint. And I don't know how much hassle it would be if you were doing it every day.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 04:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I don't see folding it up every day - maybe just in the summer when it's fine to walk outside. Mainly I just don't want to spend big bucks for something I'm not sure he will use.

Carol
Old 12-05-20, 04:43 PM  
DCW

We brought a ProForm at least 20 years ago. It's foldable but we leave it down in case I ever want to use it. The treadmill itself is super heavy so it's rarely moved. I don't use it that often. DH uses it once in a while. When it's too too cold,snowy, and just bad weather I use it. I prefer walking outdoors. My mother used it regularly when she lived with us.

I have to say it's still ticking like a Timex watch.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
treadmill, treadmills