Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-18, 01:00 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

While a company is within its rights to autorenew if that was part of the original terms of service. For a small company, it isn't a very good business decision to do so without notification. Your reputation is everything. It's not enough to counter a changing market if your product becomes obsolete, but it can keep you in business as the market changes. I'm certainly much more likely to do business with people who make the process easier.

And as a side note- these people are not our friends, we have a business relationship (there are exceptions). IMO straight up honest people don't allow their customer service representatives to behave rudely. And the comment about how they heard someone was "complaining" - did they think it would go without note?
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 02:26 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
When I've canceled streaming on a website I take a screen shot as proof if there's any issue. Personally I think a lot of these sites are set up not to make it easy to cancel so it keeps their revenue coming in.
I did that with SBF. They said I was cancelled and I had no access to the site the entire time. They were not very nice about it at the end and I had to have my cc company block them from ever charging me-after we tried changing my cc number first.

So, unfortunately, these things happen. I don’t “blame” Suzanne as I know a lot of these sites use third parties for billing issues.
Old 02-13-18, 02:28 PM  
donnamp

Cheri - Ugh! I'm sorry you had that experience, too - you would think the screen shot would be "proof" so to speak.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 02:29 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Cheri - Ugh! I'm sorry you had that experience, too - you would think the screen shot would be "proof" so to speak.

Donna
They knew 100 percent I was cancelled. They just could not fix or figure out why it was happening. They would say it was fixed and the next month I would be charged.
Old 02-13-18, 02:36 PM  
donnamp

I guess there must have been some glitch in communication between their site and the CC? Weird. It is a shame you had bad service from them - though - especially when they agreed that you had cancelled.

It sure makes me leery of these services....I wish there was a way to use a pre-paid card for them - this way, when the money is out, it is out and no more charges can be made against the account. I do like some of the sites that use PayPal and you can go into PayPal and cancel. I think Leslie's Walk App is set up like that and Essentrics TV.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 02:41 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I guess there must have been some glitch in communication between their site and the CC? Weird. It is a shame you had bad service from them - though - especially when they agreed that you had cancelled.

It sure makes me leery of these services....I wish there was a way to use a pre-paid card for them - this way, when the money is out, it is out and no more charges can be made against the account. I do like some of the sites that use PayPal and you can go into PayPal and cancel. I think Leslie's Walk App is set up like that and Essentrics TV.

Donna
PayPal is definitely the best option. Maybe more people will go that route.
Old 02-13-18, 02:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
PayPal is definitely the best option. Maybe more people will go that route.
Agree! It's one thing I really like about Essentrics TV.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 04:09 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Everyone's making it hard to cancel now (and super-easy to sign up) and gym memberships are the worst. The last time I canceled a gym membership, right after I had a baby, I had to give a couple months notice, write a letter and sit through an exit interview where they tried to make me feel bad for leaving, it was ridiculous.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 05:20 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Everyone's making it hard to cancel now (and super-easy to sign up) and gym memberships are the worst. The last time I canceled a gym membership, right after I had a baby, I had to give a couple months notice, write a letter and sit through an exit interview where they tried to make me feel bad for leaving, it was ridiculous.
That’s insane, an exit interview! It’s like you were in jail and being paroled.

I’m glad I’m an introvert and not inclined to join things. I doubt I’ll be signing up for any online streaming services again.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 05:41 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
That’s insane, an exit interview! It’s like you were in jail and being paroled.

I’m glad I’m an introvert and not inclined to join things. I doubt I’ll be signing up for any online streaming services again.
And on a related note, for all you Friends fans out there:

Chandler quits the gym...and the bank.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, canceling pilates by lisa, pilates by lisa