Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-16, 09:32 PM  
jEnNnY

Red face Just ordered Cathe's ICE To The Mat...

OK, so I just caved. I didn't pre-order since I couldn't justify the purchase of yet another set that didn't seem that different from what I already own from Cathe, KCM and many others in my collection. EXCEPT for To The Mat. Loved the clip. It stayed in my sub-conscious, I felt I need it... but tried to stop thinking about it.

And then this AM I ordered KCM's Home Intervals and Athletic Conditioning 1 to take advantage of her sale and when I was about to choose a third one (I allowed my self to order a max of three), I figured... Hey, shouldn't I complete this awesome purchase with Cathe's TTM???

OK, let's be clear. I have always tended to favor weighted standing lower body workouts. The heaviest I can handle at home, which is not more than 20 pound dumbbells. And honestly, I have not seen great differences in my glutes from countless lunges, squats, plyo, etc... But I have stayed away from mat work. Many reasons: boredom, the fact that KCM has not released a great mat only workout (I traded her 30MTF Body Training after previewing it when I got it shortly after it came out, which I guess is the closest thing to a KCM mat workout, at least WO 2), the fact that I hated Tonique with a passion, doubting mat work was worth my while... I don't know... But TTM's clip seem kind of appealing. I like Cathe. If it gets too easy, I can always add ankle weights. And it doesn't seem the reps will be endless. I may even become consistent with mat work to the point where I may even see results (tighter higher gluts, tighter thighs, etc). Since it is brand new, TTM is full price, but with Mary's rewards and the 10% off I managed to get it for around $19 and free shipping.

And now my order has been placed. Mary will send that DVD my way in record time as always. And now I do feel the need to ask for some reassurance from all of you ICErs out there. Thank you for reading. Happy New Year and TIA!
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 09:49 PM  
wendy2

I did this one for the second time today, and I love it. I think you will be pleased I have been adding Cathe's barre, floor, ball, etc. for the past year or two. I aim for once a week of that type, and one traditional leg workout (also Cathe, but usually a shorter mix than as produced). I don't know if it's the lighting or if I'm imagining things, but I feel like I finally have more definition in my legs.
TTM is nice because you're right--the reps aren't endless. There's a big variety of moves, it can be broken up into shorter segments easily... I just really like it. Hope you do, too
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 10:04 PM  
Mickey12

Jenny, I hope you like it too. To the Mat and Chiseled Upper Body are my two favorites from the ICE series. I'm excited for you!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 09:29 AM  
jEnNnY

Thank you Wendy and Mickey! You both make me look forward to TTM. I want to be consistent this time around, so Wendy, your perceived results inspire me! Mickey, thank you for being excited for me!
Old 01-02-16, 10:26 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I most definitely do NOT like mat work. I pre-ordered ICE and since it was the last workout in the set, I just did it yesterday. I LOVED it. In fact, while I was doing it, I was actually thinking that I was enjoying the 'burn.' I've been doing Cathe for almost 30 years so I know her workouts. She got it right with this set and this workout. Just enough to feel it, but not over the top. I think you'll love it, too!

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 10:47 AM  
TracyQ

I didn't pre order ICE either. I get most of Cathe's pre orders but this set just didn't interest me. After reading all the posts about ICE I'm happy with my decision not to get it. To the Mat was the only one I was interested in getting and I ordered it from Mary too. I love all of Cathe's leg workouts and To the Mat is a great addition to all her other workouts. I know I will use it a lot. I hope you enjoy it too. Let us know what you think.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 11:32 AM  
Loriann

I did this one for the first time last night. I usually prefer standing leg work, but as mentioned Cathe changed the exercise just as I was thinking "enough already". I also like that she gave a little break on the second side of the ball work.

The only thing I didn't really care for was the warm-up. It seemed to have too much stretching to me right off the bat. Next time, I will walk on the treadmill for a while before this workout.

I am sure you will enjoy it.
Lori
Old 01-02-16, 12:00 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann View Post
I did this one for the first time last night. I usually prefer standing leg work, but as mentioned Cathe changed the exercise just as I was thinking "enough already". I also like that she gave a little break on the second side of the ball work.

The only thing I didn't really care for was the warm-up. It seemed to have too much stretching to me right off the bat. Next time, I will walk on the treadmill for a while before this workout.

I am sure you will enjoy it.
Lori
I agree about the warm up. I was thinking the same thing as you Lori, next time I'll warm up on the treadmill before going "To the Mat".

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 07:43 PM  
jEnNnY

Thank you so much for your input, Lori, Tracy and Debbie. It's good to know what you are saying about the warm up. I will be able to plan ahead perhaps do some short cardio (like KCM's step bonus workout that is only 22 minutes long) before TTM. I am getting excited about my purchase. Thanks again! I will most definitively post back after I give it a try
Old 01-02-16, 09:33 PM  
wendy2

The first segment on the ball is really tough, and I definitely need more of a warm up than the one she provides. I used the Legs and Glutes warm up on Sunday, but really any warm up from a regular step or leg workout should work. I know she wanted to stick with the whole workout being on the mat, but I'm not sure it's really enough... Her warm ups are usually so thorough, too...
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, mat workout, to the mat