Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-15, 05:14 PM  
Tugger31

I haven't done the Squat Rack routine to know if she uses a more sturdy/heavier Olympic style bar, but for her other workouts the weight includes the weight of her bar which from my math is about 5 lbs.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 05:43 PM  
Zenara25

Pyramids Lower, Trisets Lower, or Meso 2 Legs, Meso 3 Squat Rack.

Not sure if Premixes are available OnDemand...If they are maybe XTrain Cardio Leg Blast 'weights only' premix. It's short at only 36min with 12 reps I believe. Just a thought but it would complement XTrain Burnsets in the same series. And you could always double it making it about an hour if you wanted.

Most of Cathe's leg workouts seem to either include cardio/plyo or are much higher reps than 10 per set.

Cathe's Live workouts are worth a look too if you have time although you can't buy those on DVD.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 09:47 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post

Most of Cathe's leg workouts seem to either include cardio/plyo or are much higher reps than 10 per set.
Yep! I think the one that comes closest, without relying on premixes or skipping around, is Cathe's Squat Rack Legs in STS Meso 3.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 10:18 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Another quick question for anyone who may know. When she gives the weight amount she is using on the bar, is that total weight or just what is on each side? Trying to figure out how much weight she is squatting since she is not using a squat rack (I don't have one).
Total weight including the bar. I think her bar is 5 lbs.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 08:28 AM  
poohpeggy

STS Meso 3 is her heaviest. I love it because she puts plenty of time between exercises. There is no rushing. It is important your body is ready. I started with Meso 1 doing chest fly with 15lbs DB's. Last night I used 32.5lb DB's for chest fly. I also use 2 BB, one for the floor and one on my rack. This way I can take advantage of the rest periods.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 08:56 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Another quick question for anyone who may know. When she gives the weight amount she is using on the bar, is that total weight or just what is on each side? Trying to figure out how much weight she is squatting since she is not using a squat rack (I don't have one).
Total weight.
Old 12-29-15, 07:17 AM  
IceQueen07

Cathe overload. lol - So far I think Ripped with Hiits and STS are what I am looking for. I even found a rotation that combines the two.

The new workout ICE seems good also, but not want I am looking for yet. I assume since so many use Cathe that you can get good results using her programs.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 09:43 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I had some of Cathe's strength workouts 15 years ago, on VHS. She's a terrific instructor, but the workouts were just too darn long. She was one of the first fitness instructors to really utilize DVD technology, offering premixes and so on, so length wasn't an issue anymore. However, her workouts also started requiring such inordinate amounts of equipment that there was no way I was going to buy them.

As for her cardio workouts--no how, no way. Much too intense and high impact for me, even 15 years ago.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 10:09 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Cathe overload. lol - So far I think Ripped with Hiits and STS are what I am looking for. I even found a rotation that combines the two.

The new workout ICE seems good also, but not want I am looking for yet. I assume since so many use Cathe that you can get good results using her programs.
I have been a Cathe follower since 2002. She's the one who got me into strength training. I have seen some amazing results from people who have followed her workouts consistently.

You'll find that there usually is a rotation for anything you wish to accomplish, and she truly knows her stuff. There is a reason she is the favorite instructor of so many VFers.

Have fun!
Old 12-29-15, 11:22 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
I had some of Cathe's strength workouts 15 years ago, on VHS. She's a terrific instructor, but the workouts were just too darn long. She was one of the first fitness instructors to really utilize DVD technology, offering premixes and so on, so length wasn't an issue anymore. However, her workouts also started requiring such inordinate amounts of equipment that there was no way I was going to buy them.

As for her cardio workouts--no how, no way. Much too intense and high impact for me, even 15 years ago.
I have to agree with you Betsy regarding her cardio. I always found her older stuff way too high impact and intense. But I'm enjoying aging with Cathe. A lot of her latest releases are geared toward the more mature crowd or even those who are just unable to handle any type of impact. Having said that, I do have knee issues and her cardio and leg workouts are all way too knee intensive. But thru the years I have learned to modify and can do just about any Cathe workout to suit my needs. I also love love her for strength training. I've been rocking with Cathe since 2003 and she is my #1 gal for strength training workouts. Her cuing and instructions are spot on and so helpful. I never try and keep up with her and have learned that's not what's important. The most important thing is for you to do something that meets your needs. In this day and age I love the fact that if we don't like one instructor there are tons out there for us to choose from. I am so happy for you that you found what works for you thru the years.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe heavy weights, cathe strength workouts