Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-15, 08:09 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Meso 1 leaves your workout area looking like a bomb went off and most are over an hour. Just a hint.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 10:46 AM  
Zenara25

I agree, OnDemand sounds like the perfect place to figure out if Cathe is a fit for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Meso 1 leaves your workout area looking like a bomb went off and most are over an hour. Just a hint.
I'm skipping STS this winter. I've done it 3 winters in a row. But your comment made me laugh and reminded me of last winters Meso 1 disaster
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 03:15 PM  
IceQueen07

Okay - signed up for On Demand today - wow there are a lot of workouts on there. Any suggestions on which one to start with for lifting? Also for the different series where would I find the rotation guides? I see the workout blender but don't see any pre-set rotations. Do Cathe provide those with her workouts?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 03:24 PM  
Tugger31

I'd start with Pure Strength or Gym Styles. For her workouts prior to Xtrain (ie. those that don't have User Guides), the rotations can be found at the Rotations Forum. There is a sticky of past rotations. I don't use the Workout Blender so I can't comment on that. If you have trouble finding something I can post some things here. Most of her weight workouts are combined with her cardios. For her weight workouts you probably don't need much of a formal rotation, you would do each split once a week or her total body workouts twice a week in general.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 03:50 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Meso 2 week 4
Or
Burn Set
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 03:58 PM  
Tugger31

Those are both good suggestions too!
Old 12-27-15, 04:10 PM  
Zenara25

It can get a little overwhelming because of how many workouts she has....
Great suggestions in this thread though.

Rotations:
Here's Cathes monthly rotations that she posts.
http://cathe.com/category/blog/monthly-rotations

Cathes 'Workout Manager' under 'rotations' also has many rotations from both Cathe and created by users too. These include I believe all the rotations in the user guides from her series and the monthly ones she posts. http://cathe.com/workout/
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 04:28 PM  
IceQueen07

Overwhelming is a good word for it. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I have been sitting here reviewing so many. Her upper body Burn sets look good - I think I am going to try those to start For some reason, the older ones just seem too dated for me, but I think that may be a personal preference. I just have to find a lower body one that is not cardio based. I honestly could spend days looking at all of these. I can see why its $20.00 a month with so much content.

**Candice**
Old 12-27-15, 04:37 PM  
Tugger31

For non-cardio based lower body I would look at Gym Style Legs...many premixes to skip sections you aren't interested in. Another one is Pyramid Lower Body (I do the "up" only premix, less equipment changes and I feel more strength based this way). Any of the leg workouts in Meso 2 would work as well as the Squat Rack leg workouts from Meso 3 if you own a squat rack.
Old 12-27-15, 04:55 PM  
IceQueen07

Another quick question for anyone who may know. When she gives the weight amount she is using on the bar, is that total weight or just what is on each side? Trying to figure out how much weight she is squatting since she is not using a squat rack (I don't have one).

**Candice**

Tags
cathe, cathe heavy weights, cathe strength workouts