Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-15, 12:41 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Cathe has a great Pinterest board about the ICE series. (The photos make me want to buy some new workout clothes ).

On her Facebook page, she mentioned that there are going to be short workouts called ICE Meltdowns. Sounds great!

From Cathe:
ICE Muscle Meltdowns
Chances are you have more time to exercise than you think. Let go of the idea that you can’t benefit from exercise sessions that are less than 20 minutes or you have to space them out a certain way. Take control of your time and take advantage of the minutes you have to do a short workout – and think about how good you’ll feel afterwards. With ICE we give numerous ways to to resistance train, including Upper Body and Lower Body, Total Body and Single Muscle Group Muscle Meltdowns. If your short on time our single body part option takes less than 20 mins. Though Muscle Meltdowns are short they have been designed to thoroughly work each muscle group!
Six of the ICE DVDs come with a bonus ICE Muscle Meltdown. Each ICE Muscle Meltdown features a single strength training body part that you can do at the end of your workout.
Since most ICE Muscle Meltdowns are only about 15 minutes they're perfect for days when you don't have time for a longer workout or when you want to mix a little strength training with your ICE cardio workout and still be done in less than hour.
ICE Muscle Meltdowns can be done by all fitness levels since the intensity is mainly controlled by the weight you select.
Might just be getting these downloads!
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-15, 07:48 PM  
lesia

All of the set, workout clothes, pics, are beautiful. I love the colors because we will be into winter and on those dreary days the coral, blues, pinks, etc. will help me want to workout!

I'm in the midst of STS but after the New Year, will be starting this series.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 12:37 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
All of the set, workout clothes, pics, are beautiful. I love the colors because we will be into winter and on those dreary days the coral, blues, pinks, etc. will help me want to workout!

I'm in the midst of STS but after the New Year, will be starting this series.

Lesia
I agree! It has been ages since I was inspired to buy new workout clothes, but I really would like to buy a couple of those brightly colored tank tops. I saw a thread at Cathe's forum saying that she bought the outfits at Dick's Sporting Goods. I may head over there!

This was the first time I have pre-ordered both the DVDs and the downloads---oh no, does this mean I am joining the 21st century? Seriously, Cathe is responsible for me joining Pinterest and doing streaming workouts!

Lesia, how are you doing with STS?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 12:53 PM  
PhyllisG

I haven't bought or done a cathe workout in years. I haven't bought any new workout clothes in years either. But after I see some clips I just might do both.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 01:33 PM  
danac99

Has there been any news about when clips will be available? I've never bought a Cathe set, but these really interest me.
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 01:44 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Cathe posted an update today:
The first of the rough cut ICE edits are starting to roll off the assembly line and we have now started final edits on the rough cut videos we have received so far. We've also started working on the DVD covers and some of the graphics for the ICE Videos.

Make sure to join Cathe tomorrow right here as she will be doing a one hour ICE Q & A on this FB page on Wed Oct 21st from 2pm to 3pm EST

Here are all of the steps that every DVD and Video we make have to go through before our DVDs can be shipped to you:

1. Research and Development - Done!
2. Rehearsals - Done!
3. Filming - Done!
4. Rough editing - In Progress
5. Final Editing - In Progress
6. Video Graphics - In Progress
7. DVD Authoring - Not Started
8. Proofing - Not Started
9. Masters Sent to Replicator - Not Started
10. DVD Covers - In Progress
11. DVD Replication - Not Started
12. Shipping - Estimated for late Fall, 2015
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 03:00 PM  
danac99

I read on FB that the price of this set will go up after the DVDs are released. I was wondering if anyone remembers how much the price increased for previous sets after they were released?
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:13 AM  
lavna

Premixes for Low impact sweat

Cathe posted the premixes for Low impact sweat.
There are a lot of them but I have to admit that I was hoping for something more creative like the did in RWH, like scrambled or mixing segments from both workouts.

Nathalie

--------------------------------------------------------

In today's ICE update we thought we would share with you the premixes in Low Impact Sweat. This DVD will by far have the most premixes in the ICE series with a total of 24 premixes We normally like to keep premixes to under 10, but in this case all 24 premixes made sense to keep.

1. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Stretch
2. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Icy Core + Stretch
3. Warm up Up + Cradio 1 + Muscle Meltdown (Back) + Stretch
4. Warm up Up + Cradio 1 + Muscle Meltdown (Back) + Icy Core +Stretch
5. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Blizzard Blast + Stretch
6. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Blizzard Blast +Icy Core + Stretch
7. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Stretch
8. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Icy Core + Stretch
9. Warm up Up + Cradio 2 + Muscle Meltdown (Back) + Stretch
10. Warm up Up + Cradio 2 + Muscle Meltdown (Back) + Icy Core + Stretch
11. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Blizzard Blast + Stretch
12. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Blizzard Blast + Icy Core + Stretch
13. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 +Cardio #2 + Icy Core + Stretch
14. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Cardio 2 + Muscle Meltdown + Stretch
15. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Cardio 2 + Muscle Meltdown + Icy Core +Stretch
16. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 +Cardio #2 + Blizzard Blast + Stretch
17. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 +Cardio #2 + Blizzard Blast + Icy Core +Stretch
18. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 +Cardio #2 + Blizzard Blast + Muscle Meltdown + Icy Core +Stretch
19. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Cardio 1 + Stretch
20. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Cardio 2 + Stretch
21. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Cardio 2 + Blizzard Blast +Stretch
22. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Cardio 1 + Blizzard Blast +Stretch
23. Warm up Up + Blizzard Blast +Stretch
24. Warm up Up + Blizzard Blast +Muscle Meltdown + Stretch
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 08:54 AM  
desderata

I agree with you. If the "premixes" continue to be just cutting and pasting one workout into different options, I'll pass on this series. I can do that myself by pressing skip. Or, if like in Total Body Trisets, she has an upper body and lower body workout on one disc, but the premix is just combing both of them for a ridiculously long TB workout that most people don't have time to do - I'll skip. Cathe's dvds are pricey - if KCM can do creative and useful premixes with her reasonably priced dvds, Cathe should be able to go back to awesome premixes.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 05:41 PM  
wendy2

I am so annoyed just looking at this list. It lacks any and all creativity. Why not mix up cardio 1 and cardio 2? Why not put a body part exercise after every 2 cardio segments? Did they not read the reviews that raved about the creative premixes on RWH? Did they not read the reviews that ranted about the XTrain boring mixes? ARGHHH!!! And all the gushing posts about the "24 premixes!!!" on Facebook are so confusing to me. Are they looking at the actual premxes, or just the number of them??

Hopefully these are chaptered really well and I'll be able to make my own mixes using the Workout Blender. But the main reason I ordered the DVDs was because if I just use On Demand I miss out on the premixes...

I hope she'll list the premixes for all the DVDs. If they all look like this I might cancel my preorder and just use them On Demand.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action