Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-15, 09:05 AM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Morton's neuroma--ball treatment?

Has anyone tried alleviating their Morton's neuroma with Melt Method small balls, Jill's ballad or Yogatoes? Strangely, I got this not from walking, but sleeping.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 09:41 AM  
Teri L

I was diagnosed with this two days ago. My treatment is a steroid and a boot that I wear 2-3 hours a day. The boot has a negative heel drop to stretch my Achilles tendon. I haven't tried any of the things you mentioned but I did do the Strong Feet and Ankles section of Jessica Smith's 5 Fat Burning Miles the day before my appointment. My foot seemed much better the next day. I'll be curious to hear what has worked for others.
Teri L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 10:13 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have Morton's Neuroma in my right foot for at least 4 years now. I had a steroid shot, and it didn't help me. I also tried the Melt Method rolling earlier this year, and that didn't help me either. I tried rolling consistently for about 3 weeks with no results. Maybe I need to do it longer, but with no results whatsoever, I stopped doing it. Now, since I also have PF in my left foot
all I do is stretches on both feet and hope the pain is manageable. Which it is.
Old 08-13-15, 01:51 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

I've only had it two days. I'd prefer to try conservative treatments, stretching, PT, before anything else, but I don't know what's good and bad.
Old 08-13-15, 03:01 PM  
SandyO

I had PF, and the boot worked for me for that, plus a lot of calf stretching and rolling, but as soon as I started running after that I got MN in the other foot. I got toe separators and wore them whenever I was sitting. That seemed to ease the pain. I continued rolling my calves, holding a spot while I pointed and flexed, scrunched my toes and expanded them. I also did the toe stretch where you're kneeling sitting on your heels while the toes are extended forward. It went away after a few months, but of course it returned. I continued with all the same treatments, but I wanted to continue to run, so I got this product.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E6OQ4A

You attach it behind where the pain is, so the pressure is on the area on the foot on the pad which lessens the pressure on the neuroma.

I also watched a ton of this guy's videos. I got a lot of ideas from him. I have not tried his Correct Toes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7MyaIY9JK8

Sandy O
Old 08-13-15, 03:20 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Thanks Sandy, I have Yogatoes, which is like his foot separators and just ordered the pads. I have so many foot balls for ordinary care, but don't know if they're good or bad for the neuroma. So far I it seems like moving around feels better than when I awoke this morning.
Old 08-13-15, 03:48 PM  
michl43

I have PF, and Birkenstock sandals is what helped me. I'm new to them, and this last weekend I went for a really long walk, with hills, and had no pain whatsoever after 4 miles. It's been a godsend.
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 08:35 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G. View Post
Thanks Sandy, I have Yogatoes, which is like his foot separators and just ordered the pads. I have so many foot balls for ordinary care, but don't know if they're good or bad for the neuroma. So far I it seems like moving around feels better than when I awoke this morning.
I use my Yoga Tune Up balls to roll the underside of my foot while I sit at the computer especially after a long time on my feet.

He has a good youtube about placing the pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ikq...ature=youtu.be

They stick permanently, so I stuck mine to other insoles, hoping to eventually be healed and able to use the normal insoles in my shoe.

Sandy O
Old 08-14-15, 05:21 AM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

As crazy as getting this condition in my sleep, I feel 90 percent better this morning. I used 1) ice, which didn't seem to help 2)foot pads in the roomy, well supported shoes I habitually wear 3)Aleve 4) two segments of Jill Miller's Treat While You Train, the leg, plus the foot segment. 5) yoga toes, twice during the day 6)my own foot stretches.

I ordered better metatarsal support pads and plan to continue treatment today. I noticed in my case that "rest" left the condition worse, so I took a risk and got moving. All the information has been very helpful.

Tags
melt method, morton's neuroma