Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-15, 11:18 AM  
mandie123

I think secret workout 2 will be my next purchase.Not much hip pain now,I definitely stop if I think a move is going to bother me.Hamelin does go slower than tracy and I think his moves are more controlled. Oh, and I can do most of the cardiotone cardios
Old 07-28-15, 11:27 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni View Post
I bought Thighmatics 1 & 2 Glutematics and Bodymatics. I'd rather not purchase anything else right now so my husband will still like me, lol...any ideas of how I can rotate these with the frees? Maybe a matic with cardio tone? I still want to keep a little abs and upper body work in it and not spend two hours working out. I'm ok over an hour but too much over

Any suggestions?
Oh I hear ya... my hubby goes into convulsions every time I utter Hamelin's name

Matics are long, so if you decide to go for the full workout and add a little something you'd still be looking at a 90-ish min. workout. One option is to split the matics and do the "express" rotation I posted upthread, so your workout time would be around 70 min.

Otherwise, you could do something like full body toning/cardio/matic, repeat and rest one day. Like I said, I'm not super creative with rotations - maybe someone else can pitch in. I'm curious too as to how other VFers are incorporating HDM into their routines
Old 07-28-15, 11:29 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
I think secret workout 2 will be my next purchase.Not much hip pain now,I definitely stop if I think a move is going to bother me.Hamelin does go slower than tracy and I think his moves are more controlled. Oh, and I can do most of the cardiotone cardios
If you can do and enjoy the cardiotones you're going to love the cardio in secret 2 - the music is amazing and the choreography rocks

It's great to hear you're not in pain anymore. Not to enable even further, but if you like barre then the deep muscle work series is worth having. I'm doing DMW as a second workout on some days - I can't get enough of those workouts
Old 07-28-15, 01:23 PM  
fidget012

This might seem like a dumb question and someone might have already asked, but does Hamelin cue on his Matics workouts?

I like the fact he doesn't count reps on his free workouts.

With high reps, I don't like to know how many I have to do. When Sylwia tells me I have 50 more reps to go, I just want to quit. :-)
fidget012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 01:54 PM  
violetblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Wow, that's a whole lotta stuff!! How does you typical week looks like? I'm not particularly creative when it comes to putting together rotations - I usually follow Hamelin's general advice and I end up doing something close to a webisode rotation
Yeah, I suck at following strict rotations. I basically pick and choose as I go along. But my typical week has been daily AM Kundalini (45-90 min), Hamelin toning 3-4x (either a Webisode, a DMW class, or splicing together the ab portion of Bodymatics with 30 minutes of Glutematics- not usually more than an hour total), and 45 minutes of CS 2-3x (on different days than Hamelin days).

I'm really enjoying this rotation-- feels like I'm doing effective and enjoyable workouts without any dread or killing myself.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 02:28 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget012 View Post
This might seem like a dumb question and someone might have already asked, but does Hamelin cue on his Matics workouts?

I like the fact he doesn't count reps on his free workouts.

With high reps, I don't like to know how many I have to do. When Sylwia tells me I have 50 more reps to go, I just want to quit. :-)
He does cue through. Except for some segments in some workouts: the second segment in armatics is the taster he posted for free, so it's only music. Some parts of absmatics are also music only, but you're seated so it's easy to follow.

Oh and Sylwia lies She says 50 more and those 50 turn to 80 easily... at least that's what I remember from her original mat workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
Yeah, I suck at following strict rotations. I basically pick and choose as I go along. But my typical week has been daily AM Kundalini (45-90 min), Hamelin toning 3-4x (either a Webisode, a DMW class, or splicing together the ab portion of Bodymatics with 30 minutes of Glutematics- not usually more than an hour total), and 45 minutes of CS 2-3x (on different days than Hamelin days).

I'm really enjoying this rotation-- feels like I'm doing effective and enjoyable workouts without any dread or killing myself.
It sounds like you have a fun plan going on I need to get back into a daily kundalini routine, I feel so much better when I stay consistent with HDM along with kundalini yoga
Old 07-28-15, 04:04 PM  
momofcha

OK, I hit two weeks of consecutive glutematics and dare I say I am seeing some results? I am no bikini model, but I definitely feel firmer and rounder so I'm definitely going to keep going with it. I've been doing it as is mostly. Some times I have been doing the full first half and then 30 reps of the 2nd half. I'm loving it and definitely keeping it in my rotation.

I hope to add in thighmatics on occasion as well too.

thanks for all of the enabling!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 06:05 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
OK, I hit two weeks of consecutive glutematics and dare I say I am seeing some results? I am no bikini model, but I definitely feel firmer and rounder so I'm definitely going to keep going with it. I've been doing it as is mostly. Some times I have been doing the full first half and then 30 reps of the 2nd half. I'm loving it and definitely keeping it in my rotation.

I hope to add in thighmatics on occasion as well too.

thanks for all of the enabling!
Awesome Sue, WTG!!! Make sure you take tracking pictures - you'll be surprised at the changes you'll see over time

I've had several pieces of humble pie with the matics - building up to do all the reps is the way to go, IMO. I remember previewing thighmatics 1 and thinking I could do the whole thing without stopping, no problem, and then those first two moves straight slapped me
Old 07-28-15, 06:25 PM  
mandie123

Are there any online free kindalini yoga videos(beginner) to try? I'am wondering if I'd like it.
Old 07-29-15, 06:15 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Are there any online free kindalini yoga videos(beginner) to try? I'am wondering if I'd like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdZg...FRNCsw&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Et...RNCsw&index=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDJ9...RNCsw&index=12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWD...RNCsw&index=17
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, old thread alert, rambert, swan arms, thighmatics