Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-15, 07:19 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
You need to use the new workout blender !!!! Your dreams can come true.
I know--I would have a mishmosh blast! I should have gotten the downloads with RWP--I just haven't wanted to reacquire everything else in download form.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 07:51 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I know--I would have a mishmosh blast! I should have gotten the downloads with RWP--I just haven't wanted to reacquire everything else in download form.
You don't need to buy the downloads . . . but you do need to pay $20 a month which gives you access to streaming and the Live workouts. With this, you can use her new awesome workout blender. It's really great. If you are at all intrigued, just try it for a month. I am very impressed with how user friendly it is and how well it works. No bad glitches or problems. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 10:38 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I like but don't love Ripped with Hiit. I think Cathe delivered on the heavy upper-body weights and totally dropped the ball on heavy lower-body weights (it ain't LIHI Legs, believe me). The rest is her standard metabolic/hiit/circuit stuff.
Old 06-16-15, 10:45 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I like but don't love Ripped with Hiit. I think Cathe delivered on the heavy upper-body weights and totally dropped the ball on heavy lower-body weights (it ain't LIHI Legs, believe me). The rest is her standard metabolic/hiit/circuit stuff.
I don't use the metabolic stuff much - not crazy about it in general.

I have used a premix of the Lift workouts (one set + finishers for each exercise) every week since I have purchased the set. I feel like this is the best total-body weight workout I have (it's about 72 minutes, though). I also do one of the Hiit workouts 2-3X/week.

So I love the workouts I do - I've gotten my money's worth!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 11:01 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I really like this series and use it a lot, but agree that there should have been a traditional heavy leg workout included instead of two endurance based workouts. I like both workouts a lot (Lift it Hit it a little more than circuit) but would like one with just straight lifting sets. I really like it that Al is in the workouts! Cathe seems very happy in these, which puts me in a really good mood.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 11:26 AM  
Pascal

I love RWH. I think it's her best series in years. The music is good for the most part (mostly instrumental, and when there are vocals, they aren't with rewritten lyrics of popular songs). The clothes are cute but not too matchy. The workouts are no nonsense, and Cathe seems to be having fun in them.

The one I use the most is Upper Body Circuit. I love the premix that contains the core moves throughout the workout. I really like metabolic stuff that feels like a get a good total body workout including cardio in under an hour. I just can't seem to work out for longer than 60 min. anymore.

I guess my two biggest complaints with this series are:

1. Even though it's my most used of the series, the title of Upper Body Circuit is misleading - it isn't like Cardio and Weights - there's quite a bit of lower body and functional moves in the workout, whereas the RWH Lower Body Circuit is pretty much straight forward cardio/lower body circuits.

2. In the premixes containing the core bonus at the end, she didn't include the original workout's stretch. If she does that in the ICE workouts, I REALLY hope she puts the stretch chapter on the main menu. It's not the end of the world, just an inconvenience to finish your core work, then go to the chapter menu and fast-forward through all the chapters/pages to get to the stretch.

I can see why people wish there were a traditional Lift It, HIIT It Legs, but I go pretty heavy with the RWH Leg workout and I just love it. I love that Al is in it!! I don't go as heavy with RWH Lower Body Circuit, but I do like that workout, too, because it uses the step. I love Cathe step.

Overall, I am really happy with RWH and find I use it more than XTrain or her last group of DVDs (Party Rockin Step, Flex Train, X10, etc).
Old 06-16-15, 12:25 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I LOVE RWH!! The two workouts I use the most are probably the Back/Bi's/Rear Delts and LIHI Legs. I really like the LBC and the Plyo Hiit workouts as well, although I have to modify a few of the high impact moves. The low impact ones didn't do it for me as they don't raise my heart rate that much, although the one using a weight is a good workout for an easier day for me. I did like the UBC, too, but I haven't reached for it as much as the others for some reason.

I would agree with the other poster who mentioned that the Back/Bi/Rear Delt dvd is the BEST posture weight workout I have. I like to do Horizontal Conditioning and this disc balances that out perfectly for me. I often will add some triceps work on as well so I have everything but chest and front delts worked, due to the emphasis of those muscles in HoCo.

I also go pretty heavy on the LiHi Legs dvd so I usually get some great DOMS with that one, despite being a pretty short workout. I'm always amazed that I have to pause that one to catch my breath!

I did love XTrain and LIS as well, but wasn't crazy about the last release except for X10.
Old 06-16-15, 05:08 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

When I do the RWH Legs I do not do the cardio on it... just the weights. Go heavy - it's a great workout just for the weights portion.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 06:01 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
When I do the RWH Legs I do not do the cardio on it... just the weights. Go heavy - it's a great workout just for the weights portion.
Great idea! Thanks!

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 06:01 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I posted my opinion on the weight dvds here.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=210885

When I want a leg workout from Cathe, I still do GS Legs, though I shorten the floorwork. I think the standing work is truly Gym Style. I use weights instead of bands for all the standing exercises.

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, ripped with hiit