Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-15, 04:58 PM  
rose2boys

I know so many VFrs are loving the site & am happy for them...no disrespect at all meant. I, personally, cannot justify the cost.
Old 02-24-15, 05:08 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Tracy has lots of different options in terms of intensity, price, etc. for different customers. I subscribed almost immediately when the streaming option was offered and honestly I consider this my best fitness purchase in a long time. I have been doing the workouts consistently four times a week so each high-end gym-quality workout costs me less than $5. As a comparison, I have many DVDs that have never kind of return in terms of cost-per-workout and I just took a class at the Essentrics studio this weekend that cost me $25.

When I told my SO about this I expected him to find it expensive but his reaction was that this is more affordable than his golf membership.

It's all relative, isn't it?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 05:19 PM  
rose2boys

I suppose what is considered "worth" the cost is totally subjective. If you use something everyday (or close) then i guess it is. Unfortunately, I can't afford TA streaming right now, even if i wanted to...
Old 02-24-15, 05:30 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'm glad some are really pleased with their subscription, but I have a really hard time when video is compared to a live class. A video is not the same as a live class. That's how Physique 57 has tried to justify their exorbitant streaming prices, but to me, it's comparing apples to oranges. A live class at a barre studio (or at least, a good live class) involves instructor interaction and form correction, which is why I don't mind paying for a class vs. staying home and doing a video.

Though from what I understand from those who have taken live TA classes, they don't provide much instructor interaction or form correction, so maybe video doesn't make much difference? I certainly wouldn't pay $90/mo. for streaming, but that's just me.

It's just so bizarre the price/offerings disparity between different streaming sites. It reminds me of what a realtor told me once: market value is what a buyer is willing to pay!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 05:35 PM  
Honeydew

It sure would be nice if she would offer a free trial. Even one free class would be great, a chance to try it out.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 06:36 PM  
bubbles76

Value is all relative. I would not find value in this. I would, however, find value in a personal trainer, a nutritionist, or hiring someone to get me ready for a fitness competition. In that sense, it's one on one, and I would prefer to pay for one on one. But, some people would not find value in any of the things I listed.

Either way, I cannot reasonably justify any of those things right now, as most of my extra cash goes to Starbucks, Tiny Bubble's college fund, and trading on VF
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day

Last edited by bubbles76; 02-24-15 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Poor grammar. Why would I hire someone to get me ready for a nutritionist?
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 07:25 PM  
woodie

I think there is a $403 option which makes it $67.16 per month. I know - still very high, but I wanted you to know there was another price too.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 07:31 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Value is all relative. I would not find value in this. I would, however, find value in a personal trainer, or hiring someone to get me ready for a fitness competition or a nutritionist. In that sense, it's one on one, and I would prefer to pay for one on one. But, some people would not find value in any of the things I listed.
Yes, certainly that is true. I typically have little difficulty justifying my fitness expenses since it's pretty much all I spend money on, so I can absolutely appreciate any of my VF peeps who find this worthwhile! It's just when video is marketed as 'it's such a deal! Compare it to live classes/gym membership/personal trainer!' No matter how wonderful a video may be, it's just not the same as a class/gym/trainer, and I don't think it should be marketed as such.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 07:32 PM  
ellaenchanted

I guess it depends on what your needs are. It is comparably priced to memberships at fitness studios& gyms here that offer "brand name" classes (Les Mills, TRX, all the barre franchises/classes, Soulcycle, Crossfit, etc). But, streaming allows you to work on your schedule. Crossfit gyms near me are actually more expensive ($120-200/month depending on which plan you buy).

Of course there are similar classes offered for much, much less but they don't carry the brand name. I think licenses are expensive for gyms so some have their own version of barre, spin, Les Mills, etc. Some people really look for classes that are the "real thing" because they want a specific format and music. Others don't really care as much about that if they workouts and instructors are consistently good.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 07:34 PM  
rose2boys

I agree with another poster...a free trial period (or even 1 class) would go a long way. Esp when charging such high prices. C'mon, Tracey, throw us a bone!

PS: Actually, I would NOT like that cuz if what if I really want it after doing a class??? Still can't afford...boo..

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson streaming