Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-14, 08:42 AM  
flamingoo

SuzieC- what were your overall thoughts on the dance cardio? Would you do it again? I haven't tried it yet, but have been doing her Dance+Cardio and really like it. It's not gotten great reviews on amazon, but way more doable for me. There is some impact, but not as much as meta and her original dance cardio. I have to figure out a way to fit these in
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 07:44 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
SuzieC- what were your overall thoughts on the dance cardio? Would you do it again? I haven't tried it yet, but have been doing her Dance+Cardio and really like it. It's not gotten great reviews on amazon, but way more doable for me. There is some impact, but not as much as meta and her original dance cardio. I have to figure out a way to fit these in
I have done only the third and fourth segments, and I will absolutely be using these regularly. I found I got a pretty good workout with these. There isn't the calorie burn you'd get with the Meta or Continuity cardio, but those are really high impact the entire way through.

Both Dance+Cardio and this Beginner Dance Cardio get the heart rate up but without the impact. There is some impact in Beginner Dance Cardio but they are in small intervals. If you like Dance+Cardio I think you'll like this one. It is broken up in 15 minute segments. I haven't done Dance+Cardio in a bit, but I *think* you'll find this one more challenging.

Note that in this new DVD, Tracy talks the whole way through. I wish there was a music only option, because I think I'd really love to do this without the instruction once I master it and know what's coming up. The music is new and it's good. the set is a darker set, not like Meta. I found the music in Dance+Cardio grating and actually use the Meta cardio music for that one (LOL!).

To get an indication of calorie burn (keep in mind this is from my personal body media readouts, but it gives you the gist):

Beginner cardio dance (new DVD) - segment 4 - 17 minutes - 140 calories
Beginner cardio dance (new DVD) - segment 3 - 15 minutes - 130 calories
Teen Meta Cardio - 20 minutes - 180 calories
Both segments from the Method book - 20 minutes - 190 calories
Dance Aerobics (2014) (the unleash your inner popstar) - 27 minutes/233 calories
Metamorphosis Dance Cardio - 30 minutes - 301 calories
Continuity 1.2 cardio - 30 minutes - 290 calories
Continuity Trampoline - 30 minutes - 300 calories
Dance + Cardio 26 minute segment - 201 calories
Dance + Cardio - 30 minute segment - 226 calories
Original Dance Cardio - 48 minutes - 411 calories

I tend to avoid too much impact because my knees is bothered but I generally do Teen Meta or the Cardio from her book the most. Otherwise, I'll do a 20 minute segment of the Meta or Continuity cardio. If my knees are bothering me I'll do Dance+Cardio.

Now that I'm on Continuity 2.0 and I find that REALLY challenging, i will probably do the beginner dance cardio segments a lot because they are shorter and less impact.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by SuzieC; 10-15-14 at 07:48 AM. Reason: addition and small change
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 08:46 PM  
goldenphoenix

If anybody has the original Mat workout, how is the beginner's version compared to the original? Is it significantly easier? I have the original and is debating whether I should get this beginner's version.
Old 10-16-14, 09:31 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I have done only the third and fourth segments, and I will absolutely be using these regularly. I found I got a pretty good workout with these. There isn't the calorie burn you'd get with the Meta or Continuity cardio, but those are really high impact the entire way through.

Both Dance+Cardio and this Beginner Dance Cardio get the heart rate up but without the impact. There is some impact in Beginner Dance Cardio but they are in small intervals. If you like Dance+Cardio I think you'll like this one. It is broken up in 15 minute segments. I haven't done Dance+Cardio in a bit, but I *think* you'll find this one more challenging.

Note that in this new DVD, Tracy talks the whole way through. I wish there was a music only option, because I think I'd really love to do this without the instruction once I master it and know what's coming up. The music is new and it's good. the set is a darker set, not like Meta. I found the music in Dance+Cardio grating and actually use the Meta cardio music for that one (LOL!).

To get an indication of calorie burn (keep in mind this is from my personal body media readouts, but it gives you the gist):

Beginner cardio dance (new DVD) - segment 4 - 17 minutes - 140 calories
Beginner cardio dance (new DVD) - segment 3 - 15 minutes - 130 calories
Teen Meta Cardio - 20 minutes - 180 calories
Both segments from the Method book - 20 minutes - 190 calories
Dance Aerobics (2014) (the unleash your inner popstar) - 27 minutes/233 calories
Metamorphosis Dance Cardio - 30 minutes - 301 calories
Continuity 1.2 cardio - 30 minutes - 290 calories
Continuity Trampoline - 30 minutes - 300 calories
Dance + Cardio 26 minute segment - 201 calories
Dance + Cardio - 30 minute segment - 226 calories
Original Dance Cardio - 48 minutes - 411 calories

I tend to avoid too much impact because my knees is bothered but I generally do Teen Meta or the Cardio from her book the most. Otherwise, I'll do a 20 minute segment of the Meta or Continuity cardio. If my knees are bothering me I'll do Dance+Cardio.

Now that I'm on Continuity 2.0 and I find that REALLY challenging, i will probably do the beginner dance cardio segments a lot because they are shorter and less impact.

Hope this helps!

Yes! this helps a lot- thank you so much! I can't do meta cardio, but I can do some jumping and bouncing There are so many different forms of exercise I like right now so the cardio portion is the one I tend to leave out. Glad to know I can still get a good cardio workout with only 20-30 minutes! Just don't have an hour these days.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 08:50 AM  
Julia

Ive been working with this dvd for the past week. Im amazed at how fast the changes are coming ALREADY and I haven't tweaked my diet. Its not her hardest dvd but it seems to be very, very effective for fast results. Im stunned at how quick my body is changing its really not that difficult, Ive been working with the 25 minute beginner level one and Im not new to Tracy, I have most of her dvds.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
Ive been working with this dvd for the past week. Im amazed at how fast the changes are coming ALREADY and I haven't tweaked my diet. Its not her hardest dvd but it seems to be very, very effective for fast results. Im stunned at how quick my body is changing its really not that difficult, Ive been working with the 25 minute beginner level one and Im not new to Tracy, I have most of her dvds.
Wow, I always love reading posts like this. What results are you referring to? Inch loss, I would assume? I would love to hear specifics . TIA and congrats!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 11:13 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
That's awesome! I'm toying with throwing this into my rotation and you're helping to convince me to!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 12:04 PM  
PhyllisG

Thank you Julia for your post. I have this and did the first workout once and it just slipped to the back of the shelf. I was debating whether I should even keep it. I loved TA and got great results from Omni. I am now going to give this one a good try. Thanks again for motivating me!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 01:15 PM  
cpcathy

I've only done the chair workout so far but I am really enjoying both new DVDs. I have DOMS that I didn't expect to have. You know when you do a workout and go, "This isn't HARD!" Then the DOMS shows up! I like her demeaner in these DVDs as well, and the cueing is a tad late but I get the jist, having done TA before. I just wish the set wasn't so dark. I like the bright room in some of her other DVDs.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 09:41 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Wow, I always love reading posts like this. What results are you referring to? Inch loss, I would assume? I would love to hear specifics . TIA and congrats!
Ive done the workout 6 times up to date... Im getting a nice narrowing and indentation around the waist, my hips look smoother and my pants look a bit looser and longer each day and my butt "feels" a bit higher
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mat for beginners, ta mat for beginners, tracy anderson