Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-14, 02:28 PM  
Cher

My Pink Cathe Firewalker Band broke - should I buy these again or something else?

I was exercising using my Pink Cathe Firewalker band this morning and it broke during my workout. I need to get another resistance band that is on the lighter side but was wondering if anyone uses any other loop type band, how the resistance seems and also how they held up. Anyway, I saw these http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HMJ4ODG?psc=1 and was curious if anyone here has them. They are only $13.99 and since I'm a prime member, I get free shipping. Cathe's would be $18.92 with shipping. (BTW, my green and blue bands are fine).

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Thanks!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 05:56 PM  
cecififi

Hi there,

I buy my firewalker bands from fitness depot for like $3each. That is their standard price. All my cathe bands and loops broke long ago.I won't pay that price again.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 09:16 PM  
TinaS

I just bought a medium weight resistance loop by Gazray off of Amazon. It was $4.99 and so flimsy. I hope I can return it. I looked at the bands that you provided the link to. But I thought I would save money and bought this one instead oh well! I'm interested in suggestions.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 09:25 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

On the Cathe roadtrips they actually use the green Perform Better bands: http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/...=band%2Btubing

They are a bit narrower but a bit stronger tension strength. I have also found these at Play It Again Sports.

Another suggestion would be that Wal-Mart and Target both carry sets of 3 levels of tension band loops. They appear to be similar to Perform Better.

Keep in mind that once Cathe sells out of the loops, they will no longer be stocked.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 11:12 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The Cathe bands are too thin and weak, and break quickly. I just bought the bands you linked on Amazon, and they are thicker.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 02:52 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
On the Cathe roadtrips they actually use the green Perform Better bands: http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/...=band%2Btubing

They are a bit narrower but a bit stronger tension strength. I have also found these at Play It Again Sports.

Another suggestion would be that Wal-Mart and Target both carry sets of 3 levels of tension band loops. They appear to be similar to Perform Better.

Keep in mind that once Cathe sells out of the loops, they will no longer be stocked.
I have had those Perform Better bands forever, and so far so good. I prefer them to the Cathe bands.
Old 09-23-14, 10:45 AM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post

Gibbee~
Do you know which green band they used on the Cathe roadtrips? Perform Better sells Mini Exercise Bands (9" L x 2" W), XL Bands (12" L x 2" W) and
Monster Bands (20" L x 2 W).

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 10:52 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

My green Cathe band broke the first time I used it. Don't care for her bands at all.
Old 09-23-14, 11:53 AM  
ChrisS

I purchased the bands you were asking about from Amazon about two months ago and really like them. My Cathe green band broke shortly after I started using it.
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 08:15 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I've had my Cathe bans forever and I haven't had any problems. I really like them.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firewalkers, resistance bands, resistance loops