Originally Posted by darisa View Post
thank you julia!
uy!
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 08:25 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I remember doing a p90x rotation and substituting bands while on vacation. I got more definition and lost weight that week.

Maybe clx with bands would be good. she does both upper and lower body.
Good Point.. I know my body retains water or weight? and I look bloated with heavy weights... not so with bands.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 09:09 PM  
Loriann

Is everyone using the tubing with handles or the stretchy bands like in Travel Fit? For some reason, I really dislike the handles on the tubing but only have a long green band like Cathe's in Travel Fit or Muscle Max. Do they make heavier bands that long?

Lori
Loriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 09:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

You can increase the resistance by shortening the band - any band. That's what I do anyway.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 10:26 PM  
Leonana

I found this on About.com.

Quote:
They increase coordination. Because there's tension throughout the exercises, you have to stabilize your body. This helps with coordination, balance and it also helps you involve more muscle groups.

They add variety. With weights, you're often limited as to how many exercises you can do. But, the resistance band allows you to change your positioning in multiple ways. This changes how your body works and how an exercise feels.
Old 09-01-13, 10:28 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann View Post
Is everyone using the tubing with handles or the stretchy bands like in Travel Fit? For some reason, I really dislike the handles on the tubing but only have a long green band like Cathe's in Travel Fit or Muscle Max. Do they make heavier bands that long?

Lori
I mainly use dynabands (the green band cathe uses in the hardcore series). We also had them in a step class I took, where I learned they came in different strengths. I believe the next step up in resistance is purple, which I also have. I bought mine from amazon from this seller. There is also silver, which I tried once in my class, and it was way tough.

Back when I bought my bands in 2011, the seller was good except for one thing...the length of my purple band ended up being a few inches shorter than 6ft. Not a huge issue but it still bugs me for whatever reason. I never contacted the vendor/seller about this.

I also have the 3 pack of bands that cathe sells (the green one was used in Travel Fit). I've yet to open them as I'm used to the dynabands.

In cathe's set, the blue is the heaviest and I think hers might provide more resistance in general. So the green dynaband might be a little easier than the green cathe band. At least that's what I've heard.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-13, 11:20 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
You can increase the resistance by shortening the band - any band. That's what I do anyway.
Joni - of course you are right. I should have thought of that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I mainly use dynabands (the green band cathe uses in the hardcore series). We also had them in a step class I took, where I learned they came in different strengths. I believe the next step up in resistance is purple, which I also have. I bought mine from amazon from this seller. There is also silver, which I tried once in my class, and it was way tough.

Back when I bought my bands in 2011, the seller was good except for one thing...the length of my purple band ended up being a few inches shorter than 6ft. Not a huge issue but it still bugs me for whatever reason. I never contacted the vendor/seller about this.

I also have the 3 pack of bands that cathe sells (the green one was used in Travel Fit). I've yet to open them as I'm used to the dynabands.

In cathe's set, the blue is the heaviest and I think hers might provide more resistance in general. So the green dynaband might be a little easier than the green cathe band. At least that's what I've heard.
Adawn, thank you too. I have the green dynaband. I haven't looked at Cathe's but might do that. I have not been a big fan of band work in the past because it seemed to irritate my elbow, but since I have given up kettlebells bands don't seem to bother it so much. I am always seeking better arm definition. Why, I am not sure? I usually wear sweaters everywhere (darn air conditioning).

Lori
Loriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 07:07 AM  
momofcha

Dream Body MILF uses bands for the lower body. Slays me! Very effective.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 08:05 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann View Post

Lori
I mostly my BB tubing with handles, but I still do workouts that use the long stretchy bands as well. I like both.
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 08:06 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I found this on About.com.
This really is true. I really feel the resistance both ways.
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bands lower body, resistance band, resistance bands, resistance tubing