Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-13, 12:25 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
That's why I love these - no other workout quite gives me that sweaty "beet red" look when I'm done when I really push myself. When I come upstairs, DH always asks what the heck I was doing in the basement on JNL days.

And...you my dear, are one of the "raves" I was referring to! It seems we like a lot of the same workouts. Thanks violingal!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 12:30 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I love the intensity of these in such a short amount of time and how my HR stays up for the whole workout. My face is beet red when I'm done, not to mention how sweaty I am by earning that shower!
+1

One of the best purchases I made last year! Don't think I'll ever get rid of mine.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 02:31 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
And...you my dear, are one of the "raves" I was referring to! It seems we like a lot of the same workouts. Thanks violingal!
Aww, thanks! I was raving about this last year (thanks, Sharaz! ) and got tired of posting on every JNL thread for a while - lol. But I'm so glad there is this new wave of JNL love on VF!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 02:42 PM  
5pugmom

I LOVE this thread!!
SHaraz-thanks for the links. I am going to look into them as a way to shake things up!! You ROCK!!!

I have checked her other workouts on Youtube that Uni and...okay...totally drawing a blank on his name..the bald trainer guy in front...they have 2 workouts on You tube that are the JNL format, but they hit the whole body in one workout.
I saw HSN has the add on DVD package of the total body transformer and an abs one that I may buy. I know a lot of people that have the TBT really like it. Although-after doing her standing abs, and Jillians standing ab workouts, it's hard to go back to old school crunches and stuff.

Tiny-I am JUST like you-I have always been just "squishy." Never toned or tight at all. Muffin top, cottage cheesy, BACK ROLLS-which i didn't realize were so bad, till I had to take monthly pics when doing P90x...ever since they have been the bane of my existence and I can't get rid of them. I had resolved to myself, that if i can look good in my clothes, that's all that mattered. I never thought at 42, that I could tighten the skin or anything. I just assumed that ship had sailed. Almost at the end of the second month of JNL, I realized one back side was smooth, and I still have a little "rollage" on one side, but it's minimal. WOW! Then into my 3rd month, I realized-my stomach area had completely transformed. I could SEE into my belly button when I looked in the mirror! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN??? I had never been able to look into the mirror and do that. There had alway been flab or overhang. I was AMAZED! I have to say, for me the most dramatic difference, is my mid section-from the bottom of the bra line to just below the belly button. No more over hang on my jeans. It's tightening, and getting SO much smaller. I am amazed at changes. This morning i tried on the half of my closet that has been sitting dormant for years, with tags still hanging on everything. Yea...it's pretty empty as of now. The few things left fit, but don't look as great as they should, so I'll wait.
For me, it's a good feeling every day, when I put on my clothes, there is no 5 second dread wondering if as I put something on, if it will fit. These days, I'm running out of belts to keep everything UP!!!

For years, my husband braced himself when i got dressed to go anywhere on the weekends. I could be spot on with diet and so diligent with my workouts, and my clothes wouldn't fit. Even If i had tried them on a week before. And...que tantrum, meltdown, the whole thing. It was horrible. After 3 months of JNL...there is a NEW word in our house...it's called the Melt-UP! That's when SO many things looks so FREAKING cute now, I can't decide WHAT to wear!!

I took a week off of JNL last week, to let my body reset and this week I started another 3 month cycle. It will end right before my birthday. Boy did I miss it. But wow, in just a week, I was out of breath on some of the plyo bursts. I am totally motivated for another round. For me-it's looking in the mirror everday and seeing how far I have come in 3 months, and realize that what I am doing is working. Some days, I get rolling a little late, and think "maybe i'll skip today" then I march myself to the mirror and remind myself, I haven't gotten where I am by skipping a workout. And before I know it-the time has flown, my workout is done and I am so glad I did.
I hope those of you that are just starting, will share your results too!! I hope you all have really great success.
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 03:58 PM  
dela

5pugmom, I truly enjoy reading your posts in this thread, your enthusiasm for the program is contagious, and the way you describe your results and feelings are so vivid.

Your past issues sound A LOT like mine, so it's killing me right now reading this, as I just started the Rachel Cosgrove program and want to give that a shot, but JNL may have to be a near future purchase.

Congrats on all your success with JNL, she really needs to have you on with her if she ever does QVC again!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 05:47 PM  
5pugmom

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
5pugmom, I truly enjoy reading your posts in this thread, your enthusiasm for the program is contagious, and the way you describe your results and feelings are so vivid.

Your past issues sound A LOT like mine, so it's killing me right now reading this, as I just started the Rachel Cosgrove program and want to give that a shot, but JNL may have to be a near future purchase.

Congrats on all your success with JNL, she really needs to have you on with her if she ever does QVC again!
Thank you!!! You know, I think the biggest thing I want to get across, is not to make the mistakes I made. I did some really awesome workouts in the past...but I would keep doing the same thing for 6+ months and not get a single result..and keep doing them. WHY DID I DO THAT? Even if I hated them!! I don't know WHY!! We all know the definition of insanity!!! There are SO many great workouts out there, and everyone's body is different. If you try it, and it doesn't work then move on. There is SOMETHING! But doing the same workout that is not working, will get you nowhere. And the dread factor of doing a workout you don't enjoy to get zero results...UGH! There are too many things in life that we HAVE to d..but sucking it up and being miserable working out, shouldn't be one of them. JNL might not be for everybody. But find something that you enjoy and that works. I have learned SO much from this forum and different workout people I had never heard of and would never try and now I have a big list. It's nice that in VF, it's like a virtual buffet...we can pick and choose from other people's workouts and experiences, and adjust to what works for us individually. I'm just glad there is no soft serve machine at this buffet!!
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 06:30 PM  
lexybeth1

I am beyond words 5pugmom and so darn glad I started this thread I have read it daily and I finally have placed my order for this!! I am soo excited and you have given me hope that I may still have a chance at reclaiming my body after my baby in November!, I wish wish wishhhh I could see pictures of your progress!,! I'm really excited about this set and I can hardly wait to get it! If you do ever decide to post progress pics I'd love to see them! Congratulations on all your hard work and dedication!! Misty
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 06:48 AM  
fit44

I feel like I can have the best of all fitness worlds with this series. The workouts are short and intense enough for me to feel like I didn't waste my time, and allows me to add in TA, Tonique mat, and yoga.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 08:15 AM  
PhyllisG

I see that HSN has JNL Fusion for $99.99. Has anyone bought it from them? They also have a 3 payment option and free shipping. I am tempted. It was between JNL and the Dream Body series which I decided to buy and then returned. Still thinking about JNL. I am in a workout slump and need some motivation and to shake it up. I love Les Mills Pump.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 08:28 AM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I see that HSN has JNL Fusion for $99.99. Has anyone bought it from them? They also have a 3 payment option and free shipping. I am tempted. It was between JNL and the Dream Body series which I decided to buy and then returned. Still thinking about JNL. I am in a workout slump and need some motivation and to shake it up. I love Les Mills Pump.
I am trying to compare the set from the JNL site and HSN, and I think the HSN set has less workouts in it.

Here's what I don't see listed on HSN:
Kiss my abs
Fusion Lower Body
Crazy Circuit Cardio
Upper Body Transformer

Can anyone confirm if the HSN set is the full set of workouts? Maybe they just didn't list them all?
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer nicole lee, jennifer nicole smith, jnl, jnl fusion, momentum