Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-13, 04:54 PM  
5pugmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I started posting at VF a few months before starting my JNL rotation. So, I guess some may think I work for JNL reading all my ravings and over the top excitement LOVE JNL FUSION

I appreciate all your post 5pugmom and thank you for sharing your experience.I know you had inspired others to try JNL Fusion and I hope others find success too. I’m familiar with all your posts and background because you had already mentioned that you were doing Peak Fit. You already mentioned about the Amazon review that prompted you to VF.

I'm one who love to read when others find something that works for them and experimenting positive results. I’m glad you found VF. Please keep coming back here to share your success and experience. Let's us know how you changed your schedule to avoid plateu. Always good to hear how others are using the program
Thanks!! and thaks for all of your threads you started last year, that inspired me to buy it.

I'm kind of at a crossroads rght now, as I start my next 3 month JNL rotation tomorrow. I get bulky and get no tone or definition if i go heavy with the weights. I was able to go pretty heavy by the time I finished P90x. And I was doing some Cathe workouts for a while, and some thing-heavy weights and bulky. I really got no change in my body at all with either of those. I think the biggest thing with JNL, is that my arms are getting so lean. And places that I thought were past the point of tightening up, actually ARE getting smaller. Will I ever get rid of the batwing under my arm? No, but it's getting smaller! I've bumbed my weights up twice already since I started 3 months ago-each time by 2 pounds-so not a huge jump. I don't think i want to go much higher. So I'm thinking each month to add 2 or 3 more reps to each set to keep challenging myself. The best part of working out at home, is that if she starts the next interval, I can rewind a few seconds if needed. She does take a good 10-30 seconds sometimes to move to the next interval, so I can usually get in a couple more. Now that I track stuff on a spreadsheet, I keep track of the weight and reps I am using. Your thoughts on this Sharaz?? I know you have done a lot of different roations.
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 06:14 PM  
marmur1

I so appreciate all of the threads and posts that you've all been making! I can't tell you how helpful it is to read about peoples' experiences (especially over time) with a system and what's working -- or isn't -- for them.
Old 04-08-13, 06:30 PM  
Tiny

5pugmom~I am so happy JNL is your fit! It's a fit for me as well and last summer I noticed a huge change in my abs and waist area. I doubled up as well and it was extremely doable. I describe my body type as being soft, don't really see much muscle tone but am curvy. This really is my best purchase of 2012.

JNL Fusion is so versatile. Sharaz gave us some really good ideas in changing up how we use our weights. You can go lighter with weights and just do more reps, heavier weights with less reps, pyramid up/down your weights for each circuit meaning you do 3 rounds of one circuit so first round go heavy or light, and the next 2 rounds pyramid up or down whatever you are choosing to do.

Again, I noticed such a difference in my mid section that no program has ever done before. When I did a rotation of Ilaria's Atletica workouts and Powerstrikes my friend said my arms looked smaller. I know for me, circuit style workouts are what works. I have STS, like it and saw same major strength gains but no physical changes.

Anyhoo, I think JNL is a hoot and just love her!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 11:40 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pugmom View Post
Thanks!! and thaks for all of your threads you started last year, that inspired me to buy it.

I'm kind of at a crossroads rght now, as I start my next 3 month JNL rotation tomorrow. I get bulky and get no tone or definition if i go heavy with the weights. I was able to go pretty heavy by the time I finished P90x. And I was doing some Cathe workouts for a while, and some thing-heavy weights and bulky. I really got no change in my body at all with either of those. I think the biggest thing with JNL, is that my arms are getting so lean. And places that I thought were past the point of tightening up, actually ARE getting smaller. Will I ever get rid of the batwing under my arm? No, but it's getting smaller! I've bumbed my weights up twice already since I started 3 months ago-each time by 2 pounds-so not a huge jump. I don't think i want to go much higher. So I'm thinking each month to add 2 or 3 more reps to each set to keep challenging myself. The best part of working out at home, is that if she starts the next interval, I can rewind a few seconds if needed. She does take a good 10-30 seconds sometimes to move to the next interval, so I can usually get in a couple more. Now that I track stuff on a spreadsheet, I keep track of the weight and reps I am using. Your thoughts on this Sharaz?? I know you have done a lot of different roations.
Maybe your already put some muscle mass with the others programs that you tried before and now is time to focus on get the fat that cover them and show them proudly LOL The thing is to choose the correct program that is effective for our goal and we all know we respond different to workouts depending on our body type. I gain fat easy if I don't behave and these type of workouts (HIIT, interval training, circuits) helps me when I want to get rid of it fast. The good thing about JNL is that weight lifting is a essential component of the workout. I think you should keep choosing workouts that will help you to keep burning more fat-while not loosing muscle until you reach your goal. Then you may find a new one You still can keep the rep high and increase the weights if it feels easy. The key is to be challenged enough and maintain the HR up.

Look at JNL. I assume that she don't want more muscle on her frame, but she keep lifting because maintaining muscle is good in the long run. If I don't lift, my body is not solid. I take hardbody anytime over skinny fat. Lifting may also helps your look after loosing pounds. With the cardio bursts, I don't think there is too much room for bulking unless someone is eating in a surplus for muscle building. Also, the volume is low. I personally maintained muscle and loss inches.

Did you changed the rotation so you don't follow the same format as the 1st three months? Keeping the reps high and switching the order of the workouts maybe good to shock your body and avoid plateau.

I want you to recommend a workouts with a similar approach. Since JNL is working for you and I know you like fast paced, pumped music, and straight to the point. You may like Tracey Staehle Bootcamp Strenght and Bootcamp Metabolic Conditioning

Strength (metabolic conditioning is out of stock at Mary's)

Description
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Tota...ehle-p/733.htm

Clip

Amazon

Metabolic Conditioning
http://www.amazon.com/Tracey-Staehle...Tracey+Staehle

Strength
ttp://www.amazon.com/Tracey-Staehles...Tracey+Staehle

I did workout #2 of Metabolic Conditioning today after a long break from it. Wow! Each DVD comes with 3 30-40 mins workouts with warm up, workout, two 4 min tabatas finishers and cools down. You got 3 strength and 3 metabolic conditioning. So, 6 workouts in 2 DVD's. Some workouts are lead by Tracey and other by Justin. I like him! All are total body.
Old 04-09-13, 06:57 AM  
deneise11

5pugmom

I'm a lurker here but I actually purchased JNL because of posts by you and Sharaz. I haven't received it yet but I'm so ready to get started! Thanks for your posts!
ETA
I was looking for some videos to help me get acclimated to her workouts or streaming classes because the ones you posted earlier, look tough!
deneise11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 08:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I also love reading your posts, 5pugmom, and Sharaz also. I love the enthusiasm and I think it's great to find something you love doing that gives you the results you wanted. It's so inspiring to read. I'm rotationally (and financially) challenged right now but I love to read about JNL and hope to try it someday.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 12:26 PM  
pcdoctor01

Summer Breeze,
Try downloading the JNL Fusion challenge workouts from YouTube and burn them to DVD. At least you can try the challenge workouts.

JNL Fusion YouTube Challenge Workouts.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAA7AE0743A2612CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I also love reading your posts, 5pugmom, and Sharaz also. I love the enthusiasm and I think it's great to find something you love doing that gives you the results you wanted. It's so inspiring to read. I'm rotationally (and financially) challenged right now but I love to read about JNL and hope to try it someday.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 12:58 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks, pcdoctor! I will check that out.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 01:07 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post

I want you to recommend a workouts with a similar approach. Since JNL is working for you and I know you like fast paced, pumped music, and straight to the point. You may like Tracey Staehle Bootcamp Strenght and Bootcamp Metabolic Conditioning

Strength (metabolic conditioning is out of stock at Mary's)

Description

Clip

Amazon

Metabolic Conditioning
http://www.amazon.com/Tracey-Staehle...Tracey+Staehle

Strength
ttp://www.amazon.com/Tracey-Staehles...Tracey+Staehle

I did workout #2 of Metabolic Conditioning today after a long break from it. Wow! Each DVD comes with 3 30-40 mins workouts with warm up, workout, two 4 min tabatas finishers and cools down. You got 3 strength and 3 metabolic conditioning. So, 6 workouts in 2 DVD's. Some workouts are lead by Tracey and other by Justin. I like him! All are total body.

Why did I open this thread?!
These look really good to me.
Are you doing another round of JNL? If so, are you using these with it?
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 07:37 PM  
pcdoctor01

Summer Breeze,
Here are some more JNL Videos.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jenlee.htm

I haven't been able to view the videos above. For some reason they keep timing out.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer nicole lee, jennifer nicole smith, jnl, jnl fusion, momentum