Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-13, 11:55 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I would check Ya-yas. Sometimes, I see them for sale over there.

ETA - Joni, it would be interesting to see if you like TA. That's why I suggested the book in the other thread since it's cheaper.
Old 01-08-13, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I finally opened the box and watched the Dance Cardio. I only watched because I have trouble with dancey cardio even if it is cued properly. We all know there is no cueing with Tracy, so I can't say I was surprised or disappointed.

One day I'll watch the "toning" sections.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 11:40 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I finally opened the box and watched the Dance Cardio. I only watched because I have trouble with dancey cardio even if it is cued properly. We all know there is no cueing with Tracy, so I can't say I was surprised or disappointed.

One day I'll watch the "toning" sections.
Tracy's Meta Cardio is basically done in 8 count patterns or 4 counts (repeated). She also does a lot of single, single, doubles (a 4 count move). If you watch w/ those patterns in mind, her lack of cueing becoming less of an issue. I do a lot of counting in my head when I've done her cardio.

HTH

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 11:43 AM  
hotncmom

Before Christmas I saw Omni at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $89.99. Same as Target, but you can't get a 20% off coupon for Target.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 11:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Tracy's Meta Cardio is basically done in 8 count patterns or 4 counts (repeated). She also does a lot of single, single, doubles (a 4 count move). If you watch w/ those patterns in mind, her lack of cueing becoming less of an issue. I do a lot of counting in my head when I've done her cardio.
HTH
Joan
Thanks!

Way back in the day, I was known on VF as "The Queen of the Stumble" due to my issues with choreography. It was a few years later that I realized that the problem is that I have mild dyslexia. For me, there is difficulty with the concept of "right" and "left."

I need excellent cueing and that seems to be a dying art. (Except for Gin Miller!)
Old 01-08-13, 11:57 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Thanks!

Way back in the day, I was known on VF as "The Queen of the Stumble" due to my issues with choreography. It was a few year later that I realized that the problem is that I have mild dyslexia. For me, there is difficulty with the concept of "right" and "left."

I need excellent cueing and that seems to be a dying art. (Except for Gin Miller!)

Ah, I see. I know what you mean about cueing being less common now. I'm more tolerant now about limited cueing but there's a reason I only did Kathy Smith & Karen Voight workouts for almost 10 years!! Basic choreo & plenty of cueing. ("Up, down, Up, down")

Good luck w/ the TA workouts!

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 12:23 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Miss Joni, I am anxiously awaiting your opinion on Omni! We are both, ahem, very particular about our workouts. (And, if you Joni-O it, let us know how long you lasted.)

I bought it with a a coupon at BB&B. I haven't opened it yet.
12:41 into the first workout of Transformation 1. Never intended to do the dance stuff. I'm taking Tracy back to Target after work today. I 'might' have been able to take the lack of cuing, but my neck was getting too sore from being on all fours trying to see what she was doing. It was bad enough trying to see the TV during the ab stuff, but the rest was the last straw for me. I was counting, but I needed to know what to do, not just how many times to do it. I'm not looking for a brain workout, just a body workout.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 12:53 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
12:41 into the first workout of Transformation 1.
Well, that is fast, but probably not the fastest you have Joni-O'd a workout. Sorry you didn't like Omni. Hate to start out the New Year with a disappointment.

I'll have to look at these later on. If (and, that is a big "if") I like them, I could put them on my iPad and put that on the floor so I could see the moves without tweaking my neck.
Old 01-08-13, 01:18 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ya - I could have put the TV on the floor but, once I get PO'd, that's pretty much it for me and a workout.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 01:29 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Ya - I could have put the TV on the floor but, once I get PO'd, that's pretty much it for me and a workout.
Aww, I'm sorry you didn't like it Joni. I have my tv on the floor for Meta, and it's so much better on my neck. It can be pretty annoying when she doesn't cue at all though. For me, it doesn't bother me so much, and I do love the results.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions on where to get continuity. I'm checking them all out now
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
continuity, meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson