Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-12, 11:51 PM  
holliholli915

If TA is All That...

Why do you only have to do her workout six days a week in order to see results? I'm embarking on a new rotation and thought I'd want to finally try TAM Meta. But, after two days, I'm already bored and frustrated by the Dance Cardio. Instead, I'd prefer to do TAM a maximum of three days per week and rotate in some of my other barre workouts like P57, Barre3, Ballet Blast, Booty Barre, etc. I'm sure there's a thread out there that talks about this. But, honestly, I didn't want to hunt it down.

So...has anyone else rotated in other barre workouts with TAM? If so, did you still get great results? Finally, is it necessary to just do TAM -- I just don't think I can hang with that for 90 days. Thanks so much all of you wonderful people who take the time to respond!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 11:57 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Why do you only have to do her workout six days a week in order to see results? I'm embarking on a new rotation and thought I'd want to finally try TAM Meta. But, after two days, I'm already bored and frustrated by the Dance Cardio. Instead, I'd prefer to do TAM a maximum of three days per week and rotate in some of my other barre workouts like P57, Barre3, Ballet Blast, Booty Barre, etc. I'm sure there's a thread out there that talks about this. But, honestly, I didn't want to hunt it down.

So...has anyone else rotated in other barre workouts with TAM? If so, did you still get great results? Finally, is it necessary to just do TAM -- I just don't think I can hang with that for 90 days. Thanks so much all of you wonderful people who take the time to respond!
I think Tracy can only vouch for her own method- she doesn't teach anyone else's method. Lots of people on VF just use her muscular structure workouts and sub other cardio- and I don't think most of us who use TA use only her workouts exclusively. I have to be in the right mood to do her stuff. I don't always find it to be enjoyable...kind of like physical therapy isn't always enjoyable, either.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 12:15 AM  
suegy3

someone in the other thread wrote that they only do her workouts a few times a week.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 01:43 AM  
LaCatrina

I'm in a bit of a TAM kick lately. I'm loving my results, even though my diet hasn't been the best for months.

I try to do as many workouts a week as I can, and sometimes time only allows me three times, sometimes four, sometimes more. I don't sweat it and enjoy my workouts and moving up levels. During this rotation I even had to stop working out for about two weeks because I had a nasty incident with a dog bite and then a very bad reaction to the vaccination I received afterwards.

I can't do her dance cardio, but I do try to do other cardio workouts, though I haven't been very diligent with that part of the rotation. My New Year's resolution is to do cardio along with every MS workout, even if it's not 30 minutes. I'm hoping to get cleared to rebound so I can do the trampoline workouts.

Many V'fers use TAM along with other workouts they like/find effective for them. Some even lift heavy along with TAM! I think the floorwork is very effective, and the beauty of it is that the workout itself is short-ish, so you can tack on other workout. Fuzzie posted a rotation mixing Lotte Berk style barre with TAM that many peeps loved and found effective. I guess Tracy isn't the only one that says to only do her workouts - Leah Sarago states not to mix Ballet Body with other activities like kettlebells, bootcamp classes, etc.

You can find the free webisodes on youtube. If you don't want to invest any money you can check those out and decide if you like her style
Old 12-31-12, 04:24 AM  
juberann

I usually avoid TA threads because I am not a fan and never will be but I am sooooo curious. Her Dance Cardio workout...I watched the clips and I have to ask, how in the world do you keep up with her or even begin to learn the choreography? it truly looked next to impossible to me
Old 12-31-12, 08:21 AM  
Cowgirl32

I saw give her a shot for three weeks. And see how you feel. If you are liking the results at that point. Then you have your answer. I liked doing her, but she is a supplement to my routine. Her work just adds the icing on the cake for my definition.
Old 12-31-12, 11:15 AM  
Honeydew

I can't do her cardio. I can't follow it at all. There's a dance cardio workout that has a breakdown, and I can do it that way, but once she gets all hopping about I am totally lost!! I do her workouts 3-4 times a week and add in whatever else I like, barre, JM Body Revolution etc. I think you can still get results even if you don't do TA everyday. As far as results my clothes fit so much better and I have defintion in my upper body/back/abs(although I do have some fat to lose) I am also getting definition in my legs which has never happened before. If I slack on TA workouts my clothes fit tighter especially across my back.

If you don't already have meta, then try some of her workouts that are posted on youtube so you can get a feel for her style. BTW I just started glute continuity 1.1.1 and am really enjoying it! I know a lot of people don't like the music, it's the same for all workouts, but I like it and even catch my dh whistling to it haha.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 11:21 AM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post

I think all systems are like that. That is why they come with a "user guide" or some such thing. I am thinking of P90X, CLX, Cathe's STS, etc. They all say to do their workouts. Besides, why would an instructor have you do someone else's workouts!

That being said, I have been doing Meta for about 2 years (will be two years in February) and I DEFINITELY have NOT done her dance cardio everyday. My joints would say NO WAY!!! Has that affected (effected??) my results? Maybe. But I think it is because I have been focusing on the MS work to the detriment of ANY cardio. If I only have time for one, I am doing the MS work. To start off 2013, I am going to switch that around and focus on cardio with the MS work being the "if I can fit it in." If nothing else, I will do cardio and then the leg work.

Best of luck in whatever you choose.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 11:24 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

As others have mentioned, a lot of VFers mix TA workouts with other stuff. I only do her TA sculpting wos 2-3x a week (2x a week if I want to fit in an hour of Classical Stretch on one of those days). I do them on my cardio days. For cardio, I might do her Meta/Continuity/rebounder wos (1x a week) but I cross-train with other cardio too. I go to the gym 2x a week (Zumba and TurboKick), run, do HiiT, etc. On my weight days, I do kettlebells, suspension training, weight circuits, etc. Those are the days that I might do additional cardio or Tonique. I also do yoga on those days.

I know that there are VFers that mix barre wos with TA.
Old 12-31-12, 11:33 AM  
cpcathy

I am going to start a Meta rotation next month (er, tomorrow!). That said, I cannot stand the cardio that comes with Meta. I do have her Dance Cardio and so far I like it. The way I learn it is, watch the DVD option where her back to toward you, learn the first dance. That's it. Then practice that dance for a few workouts. Then go to next dance. It's something I'll have to grow into. I have lots of other dance workouts (dance junkie) so I sub her cardio with those. Oh, and I only plan on doing her MS work about three days a week. Shhh! Don't tell Tracy!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson