Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-12, 06:46 AM  
roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykid View Post
I agree with you Ronnee!
I do too. I just don't get it. It is not like returning to your pre pregnancy weight is crucial to making the world a better place.
In short: who cares?
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 06:57 AM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by roz View Post
I do too. I just don't get it. It is not like returning to your pre pregnancy weight is crucial to making the world a better place.
In short: who cares?
Tracy's accountant most likely... from the other thread here it looks like this is how she's promoting her new Pregnancy Project set!
Old 08-29-12, 07:02 AM  
Cowgirl32

Tracy is on GMA this morning defending against this exact statement. Just FYI...
Old 08-29-12, 07:03 AM  
mandie123

She's coming on GMA this morning to explain her "comment".
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 07:05 AM  
firmaniac

..was just going to post that she is on in the 8:00 hour of GMA,which now makes me think all this was calculated for publicity...hmmm I expect she will say her words were taken out of context?

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 07:07 AM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
..was just going to post that she is on in the 8:00 hour of GMA,which now makes me think all this was calculated for publicity...hmmm I expect she will say her words were taken out of context?
I expect that Pregnancy Project will get a mention or two... wanna bet?
Old 08-29-12, 07:17 AM  
marmact

It's hard to take her seriously because I'm sure all of this is in the interest of creating controversy to get some freebie publicity for her new project.

I don't know what to think of Tracy sometimes. I like some of her workouts and at times she comes across as quite caring and likeable, but at other times she says stuff that makes you go "hmmm."

I do know that from this comment she would be the LAST trainer I'd seek out after having a "disastrous" pregnancy. If I was a current pp client, I'd be incensed at having been described that way. (Also--this is my personal opinion--I think she has a lot of body issues as illustrated by the obsession with being "teeny tiny," and she projects those issues out onto the rest of the world.)
Old 08-29-12, 07:39 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I don't know what to think of Tracy sometimes. I like some of her workouts and at times she comes across as quite caring and likeable, but at other times she says stuff that makes you go "hmmm."
I know *exactly* what to think of her. And I have never thought any of her comments made her come across as caring, warm or accepting. She is a Hollywood fitness "it" icon and just because she smiles or giggles (especially in the company of a celebrity client) doesn't mean she's cuddly or friendly imo. Not that she has to be, of course. Her value as a fitness instructor should lie in her routines and how effective they are; however, she is more than that in our celebrity-obsessed culture. The fact that she's all about the necessity of transforming women into thin little celebrity-lookalike things says it all to me.

It's interesting: the number of times she's rolled her eyes while saying something makes her come across to me as either bored or having a superior attitude. Or both.

Whatever, this juicy bit of publicity will drive her sales straight up as it was intended to do all along I'm sure. She and her PR people are not stupid.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 07:46 AM  
lotusgirl

She's going to be on NBC's Today show this morning, too. I just saw it mentioned.

ETA: They did a story on the story. She wasn't on there.
Old 08-29-12, 09:11 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

This paragraph didn't actually sound quite as bad in the original article. But meh.

Leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world (Germany), Secretary of State (the last three from the US)- who cares? What matters is if you are hot to some random guy behind his computer on the internet. Does he want to "hit it"?

And as always, I find being lectured by Tracy Anderson about looks a bit on the ironic side. When she talks about being healthy....

Being thin in itself is certainly not a virtue, especially when it's loaded with self-congratulation and judgement. Sometimes, it comes off as really unhealthy.

Want to be a role model- how about accomplishing something outside of ourselves. Staying thin during or getting thin quickly after a pregnancy- NOT important. In fact an obsession either way could be dangerous to the baby. Thank goodness most babies are born healthy whether their mothers don't eat enough or eat too much.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post pregnancy, pregnancy, tracy anderson