Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-12, 11:02 PM  
mrsyancy

this has been quite an interesting thread....i don't have any stock in TA one way or another...i don't love nor hate her....although i would like to try her workouts...but only b/c people are saying that they are challenging...and not b/c i want to be "teeny tiny".....

but anyway...i gained 34 pounds with my first child and 50 pounds with my second....my first was a text book pregnancy....but my second i had aches and pain....and FATIGUE like i had never experienced before in my life (i didn't know it even existed this bad...lol).....so i tried to workout, but just couldn't muster up the energy (and i am a workoutaholic....lol).....and then to top it all off i had cravings with my second(absolutely none with my first)....and i was craving mexican pizzas from taco bell.....and this is some where i never eat, b/c i use to work there, but i could not make those cravings go away....so i just gave into them....so needless to say with the fatique and the cravings i gained 50 pounds with my son.....and i worked my butt off to get the weight off.......

so i don't know what her intent was with what she said, but i know i didn't just let my self go....there were things(like the fatigue) that i just had no control over...no matter what i did.....so i'm not looking to be "teeny tiny"....i just want to be happy with what I see everyday and with the effort that i give....but most importantly for me, i want to set a good example for my children
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 09:35 AM  
yahoo205

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/48832915#48832915

Putting on baby weight puts moms at risk. i know this is not new but i keep forgetting how few extra calories you need.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 10:00 AM  
fit44

I craved Burger King french fries with my first, and Taco Bell with my second child. I was in labor in Taco Bell drive-thru! LOL He was 2 weeks late and a very plump boy when he arrived.

I could not stand on my feet for very long with my first child. He would lay on the ureter leading from my kidney to my bladder. I was put on bed rest because I had to lay on my side several times a day to get him off it. He was always my problem child.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 03:27 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Make you wonder what would happen if Cathe said this instead of TA?
I think I would feel the same way if it was Cathe, Christi, or any other instructor I liked who said it. I am very glad that I had a supportive doctor that did not make me feel like I had to go on a diet while I was pregnant. For some reason, I gained 55 pounds. I literally lost it all within months of breast feeding. So I can only guess that I gained that much weight to feed the baby. In fact, my doctor told me to chill out as he was worried that my stressing more than my weight would affect the baby. We have the rest of our lives to get back in shape, and the rest of our lives to stay in shape. I don't know why we as mothers stress ourselves out about being back to a certain size within a certain time after giving birth. I've certainly beat myself up about it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 04:51 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post

Putting on baby weight puts moms at risk. i know this is not new but i keep forgetting how few extra calories you need.
My coworker gained a lot of weight w/ her first pregnancy and felt terrible and ended up w/ complications. She carried extra weight afterward. During her second pregnancy she told me she was following
the gestational diabetes diet (she didn't have GD) at her doc's suggestion. She looked/acted much more energetic. She said that while it didn't satisfy her cravings, she felt so much better. She recently came back from maternity leave and looks fabulous! She is back to the size she was before her first pregnancy.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12, 04:47 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post

Don't forget that what she is really trying to say with those problematic comments (as she sums it up at the end, when asked that question) is that she has this system.....
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post pregnancy, pregnancy, tracy anderson