Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-12, 05:58 PM  
icebergslim

Celebrity Trainer Tracy Anderson Criticizes Mothers Who 'Let Their Bodies Go'

Quote:
"A lot of women use pregnancy as an excuse to let their bodies go, and that's the worst thing," Anderson told the magazine. "I've seen so many women who come to me right after [having children] with disaster bodies that have gone through hell, or they come to me years later and say, ‘Oh, my body is like this because I had three kids.'"
LINK
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 06:09 PM  
Stephanie_B

I dunno. It's her opinion and used as an excuse a lot. I know my mom used it and her baby is 42, but she isn't about taking care of herself so she would have found an excuse. Other women make time to work out and some fit it in as best as possible. Meh...

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 06:30 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
I dunno. It's her opinion and used as an excuse a lot. I know my mom used it and her baby is 42, but she isn't about taking care of herself so she would have found an excuse. Other women make time to work out and some fit it in as best as possible. Meh...
I agree. I have literally heard women say that they can eat whatever they want since their expecting. I knew a girl that got married last year and she was working out like a maniac and eating well because she wanted to look good in her wedding dress. She said that once she has babies she'll eat whatever she wants because it gives her an excuse to get fat.

But I also know some other women that worked very hard after having babies. Some got their pre-preg body back and others didn't.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 06:38 PM  
dmt4641

Well, Tracy gained 60 lbs with her baby so maybe she is projecting... Some people gain excessive weight during pregnancy because of this reason, and others gain more than recommended despite their best efforts (me!). I worked my tail off to lose the baby weight with both kids and still have 10 lbs pre baby #1 I'd like to lose. And I do TA workouts....
dmt4641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 06:45 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

On one hand, I kind of appreciate what TA is saying. There are certainly some who see pregnancy as carte blanche to eat/do whatever. My mother is another who blames her weight/figure problems on her three kids, and like Stephanie_B, her youngest is 33! I don't think you can 'blame the baby' for thirty years.

On the other hand, women respond differently to pregnancy. I had a really tough one with my first and I gained too much. Part of it was morning sickness (which was only alleviated by eating carbs all day long) and severly reduced activity because of issues I was having. Motherhood can really throw people for a loop. I hate to see new mothers put through the ringer for 'letting themselves go.'
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 06:47 PM  
moonbeam31

IMO multiple pregnancies can "ruin" your body in other ways besides just gaining weight-hips spead, stretch marks, feet flatten, back aches, etc etc. It's all a matter of opinion and everyone is different! I think I would look different if I never had 3 kids for sure, but it is no excuse to throw in the towel and not take care of yourself and watch what you eat and not exercise on a regular basis. I am never going wear a bikini again-but I do look somewhat fit and healthy and I look better than some people who have never even had any kids too! She is just trying to promote herself as usual. I like some of her workouts-but I get tired of her acting like its her way or the highway. There are so many great instructors and methods out there besides hers, at the end of the day it is all about $ ! JMO!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 06:51 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt4641 View Post
Well, Tracy gained 60 lbs with her baby so maybe she is projecting... Some people gain excessive weight during pregnancy because of this reason, and others gain more than recommended despite their best efforts (me!). I worked my tail off to lose the baby weight with both kids and still have 10 lbs pre baby #1 I'd like to lose. And I do TA workouts....
She gained 60 with the first and if I've read stuff Tracy has said over the years correctly, she gained only 30 with her second as she learned more. I think our bodies are going to change regardless of pregnancy or not. I think I appreciate mine more after LOL.

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 08-28-12, 06:54 PM  
suegy3

Oh, another comment. One of my friends lost all her baby weight by one week after. This was her first baby. But oddly enough, she gained weight after and her body started shifting. It really frustrated her because she was eating fairly well.
Old 08-28-12, 07:05 PM  
Stephanie_B

Suegy one of mine always lost her weight within weeks...after all three! She has the best genetics in that regard, well she also makes the cutest kids. She doesn't work out,but is obsessive about housework and probably burns more calories a day doing that than I do in a week.

Old 08-28-12, 07:12 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
Suegy one of mine always lost her weight within weeks...after all three! She has the best genetics in that regard, well she also makes the cutest kids. She doesn't work out,but is obsessive about housework and probably burns more calories a day doing that than I do in a week.
Wow! Lucky her!

And I do believe that the calories burned from housework are under rated. And for me it's not just calories burned while doing housework but that's also time that I'm not sitting around and snacking.

Tags
post pregnancy, pregnancy, tracy anderson