Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-12, 05:13 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I love everything about the PDS series! The music and the ambiance is fantastic.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:33 PM  
shelleyann

Not to change the topic, but for those of you who love PDS, how did you use it, or how was it intended to be used? Is it true she does 60 reps and how long are they? Thanks so much!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:42 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
Not to change the topic, but for those of you who love PDS, how did you use it, or how was it intended to be used? Is it true she does 60 reps and how long are they? Thanks so much!
Shelley! If I remember correctly, PDS was meant to be used 10x per level, like Meta. She doesn't do 60 reps with PDS, that's her bootcamp. She only does 30-40 reps. Each workout is around 40-50 minutes.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 06:07 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Someone said, 30 days for each level.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 06:20 PM  
moonbeam31

PDSI=10 days
PDSII=10 days
PDSIII=10 days
Total of 30 days
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 06:23 PM  
Hilary

I had heard 10 days at each level, but I think if you were new to TA, that would be pretty difficult. There is a HUGE difference between 1 and 3. I found 1 too easy after doing Meta for a while. 2 felt good; 3 felt tough. I forgot about the set. I LOVE the set. Some people said it was too dark but I think it's so cool being in her studio at night with the traffic lights blinking in the background. I am a sucker for any background where things are actually happening ... even Leslie's studio where you occasionally see a person walking or truck driving by. And Tracie's Charleston Harbor background ... to die for!!
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 07:10 PM  
icebergslim

I never was interested in TA, but since I have incorporated Dream Body Fusion in my workout and love this simply, tough workout, I am rethinking TA. My thing is WHERE DO I BEGIN??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and what is the difference between the Perfect Design series and the Meta Series? Thanks again.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 07:20 PM  
NotThatGirl

I have everything she has ever done and I would start with Meta if for no other reason than the workout is shorter and her cueing is better. That doesn't mean her cueing is good, but it is better than her other series. I liked her mat workout and perfect design but I like the looks of Meta better. The set is lighter and brighter and just makes me a little more excited to do the workout. Before I committed to her stuff I checked out and did quite a few of her youtube videos and bought her webisodes she put out (before her and Madonna had their falling out) and then sprung for the Mat workout. I like the customization available in Meta too by choosing a workout for your goals and body type though too. Her rebounder dvd that she just released is so much fun, I love it and was not into her dance cardio before and this makes it so much more do-able. Even though I don't do her full workouts on a regular basis, the results I had in my bum and abs from doing her stuff was absolutely remarkable. The only caveat with Meta that I'll mention (especially since others have too) is that your on all fours a lot and while I haven't ever had wrist trouble or pain before for any reason, after doing a lot of Meta they began to hurt. My knees were fine but the workout became so uncomfortable to do I cut back on it and now do some segments as add-ons. (Sorry that was such a mouth full, I hope it helped some though)
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 07:24 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I have everything she has ever done and I would start with Meta if for no other reason than the workout is shorter and her cueing is better. That doesn't mean her cueing is good, but it is better than her other series. I liked her mat workout and perfect design but I like the looks of Meta better. The set is lighter and brighter and just makes me a little more excited to do the workout. Before I committed to her stuff I checked out and did quite a few of her youtube videos and bought her webisodes she put out (before her and Madonna had their falling out) and then sprung for the Mat workout. I like the customization available in Meta too by choosing a workout for your goals and body type though too. Her rebounder dvd that she just released is so much fun, I love it and was not into her dance cardio before and this makes it so much more do-able. Even though I don't do her full workouts on a regular basis, the results I had in my bum and abs from doing her stuff was absolutely remarkable. The only caveat with Meta that I'll mention (especially since others have too) is that your on all fours a lot and while I haven't ever had wrist trouble or pain before for any reason, after doing a lot of Meta they began to hurt. My knees were fine but the workout became so uncomfortable to do I cut back on it and now do some segments as add-ons. (Sorry that was such a mouth full, I hope it helped some though)
Thanks for this, you give me something to think about. I am lucky to have strong wrists but it took work to get there.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 06:18 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I really like PDS too! PDS1 is my favorite out of all three! I agree with fuzzie that the arms/standing abs are really hard to follow, that's what I thought at first too. But when I went back to PDS after doing Meta, that segment somehow seemed easier to follow. I do wish there was more arm work in this series though.
I agree the arm and abs compared to Meta are all over the place. She looks like she's flailing around, but she still calls it being 'strategic'. I have viewed them and just got frustrated and then my ADD self went straight to Meta . What I am afraid of is going back to doing her stuff only and 'feeling' fluffy. I don't know if that is just a phase, but it's annoying

Tags
perfect design, perfect design series, tracy anderson