Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-12, 06:59 AM  
Cowgirl32

TA's Perfect Design Series? Not good?

Yes,

I have had these since they came out and previewed them and left them to sit. Story of a vidiot's life. I have suddenly been drawn to these. Is this series not good? I never see it mentioned among the TA 'love'. What do you guys think?
Old 05-31-12, 07:10 AM  
andtckrtoo

I like PD. It's a bit different from Meta - kind of a combination of Mat and Met - but the moves are good and a nice switch from the standard routine of Meta.
Old 05-31-12, 07:54 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I like PD as well and I think it is worth having if you are a TA fan. I LOVE the leg sequence on PD3. On the other hand, I find that her standing arm/ab work in this series is really all over the place and almost impossible to follow.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 07:59 AM  
lorajc

I also like PD, one of the few peeps that likes the work with the chair!!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 08:09 AM  
furmomof6

I really like PDS too! PDS1 is my favorite out of all three! I agree with fuzzie that the arms/standing abs are really hard to follow, that's what I thought at first too. But when I went back to PDS after doing Meta, that segment somehow seemed easier to follow. I do wish there was more arm work in this series though.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 09:44 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I also like PDS. PDS 3 is my favorite. Even though, there's not a lot of standing arm work, PDS 3 really works your arms because of the different variations of plank work. It's the toughest one out of the three.
Old 05-31-12, 10:01 AM  
ssgilby

Yeah, PD seems to be Tracy's "lost" series. It just doesn't get the attention that Mat and Meta do. I love it! I think it would be a great way to decide whether or not you want to commit to Metamorphosis. If you get through a PD rotation and find yourself wanting more, then it's onto Meta! One thing to keep in mind is that the workouts are longer than the Meta workouts, so it's more of a time commitment.

I agree with what others have said. The arms and abs section are kind of a mess, and even with plenty of TA experience, I have a devil of a time following her. When I did PD, I often just skipped that arm work and did one of her other arm workouts instead. Also, I don't believe she uses weights for any of the arm segments. The floor abs are good, and I love the variety of the lower body movements.

IMO it's a solid series. You should give it a try!
Old 05-31-12, 11:18 AM  
Hilary

I love Perfect Design and the music is wonderful, IMO. PD 3 floorwork is extremely tough ... it's been a while since I've done it, and now I feel like scheduling it this weekend. PD 2 is my favorite ... not as much dread factor. Doing 10 days at each level would be a great way to find out if TA was your cup of tea.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 12:02 PM  
PhyllisG

I had it. I sold it. Remorse!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-12, 05:05 PM  
~ Beth ~

I have only done PDS1 but have previewed PDS3 and agree with what everyone has posted so far. I actually enjoy it more than Meta because not all of the leg work is on all fours. I had been doing Meta Hip (made it to L5) but found PDS1 more challenging as far as the leg work goes, but I enjoyed the moves better in PDS1.

~ Beth ~
~ Beth ~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perfect design, perfect design series, tracy anderson