Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-11, 02:20 PM  
killoffsonny

Demeris did you do T-Tapp Arms? I have the dvd. I think if I did it everyday I might see some improvement. But Teresa always says less is more blah blah blah. I still do PBS and sometimes the basic workout because it helps keep me from going to the chiropractors as often.
Old 04-18-11, 03:14 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Demeris did you do T-Tapp Arms? I have the dvd. I think if I did it everyday I might see some improvement. But Teresa always says less is more blah blah blah. I still do PBS and sometimes the basic workout because it helps keep me from going to the chiropractors as often.
I have Arms and really like it. I just didn't work it into the rotation, but I'm feeling so good and am seeing great results from my EOD t-tapp work that I'm planning to extend the EOD through to Pentecost, so I'll probably work Arms + something else (maybe lower body work from Super Slow) into my rotations.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 10:39 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
<snip> My only complaint about T-Tapp is that it does little to nothing for the upper body. Other than regular weight lifting... Tracy A. is the only thing that works for me. <snip>
I have to respectfully disagree with the idea the T-Tapp does nothing for the upper body. I have seen noticeable improvement in my arms, and in fact, the first visible sign of T-Tapp effects was in my deltoids which is the second wimpiest shapeless-est muscle in my body (my abs being the first.) And all that lat engagement has visibly improved my shape in the upper back and my posture, even though I still have quite a bit more weight to lose.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 05:23 AM  
mrs lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by D72 View Post
Totally agree re: Winsor B & T and I meant to mention it above in my first post. That workout rocks-doesn't it (?) and will never date IMO. It's so effective and so short as you said. Zero dread factor too. I can always find the motivation for it!

I love this too. Is this on dvd?
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 05:24 AM  
mrs lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by D72 View Post
Hi Moonbeam :].

I agree that Callanetics done with consistency can do great things for the lower body. I know it's not everyone's cup of "barre tea" but there's a reason so many people are still talking about it (and doing it!) 27 years+ since the book first came out. It's precise, meditative and therefore slower than many other offerings and that's where it loses people sometimes.

I will say though that combining/alternating Callanetics (or Bar Method as it's also precise and thorough but also, as I know you already know, very effective) with larger range of motion, more traditional calisthenic-esque work like TA, Trudie Styler's Pure Sculpt and Original Buns of Steel with Greg Smithey (love!), Jane Fonda's New Workout (the original one from '84-ish) has helped even more. This type of work really pulls things up for me and enhances the more traditional plié moves of straight up barre. Things seem smoother too at least! These two styles together seem to be linking very organically for me re: slimming the lower body.

I still do some traditional Kathy Smith/Body By Bethenny/Radu-Cindy Crawford lower body work for variety sometimes but lately I've been finding success with barre alternated with larger ROM stuff.

That said-there are many people who have achieved miraculous results using just TA Mat 5-6x a week or less even and I don't doubt them at all.

Classical Stretch is also a favorite of many here. I have Essentrics but have only done the upper body work. The lower body work looks very good though and seems to combine both styles-barre and larger ROM. I love this program so far and think it will be a great addition.

Demeris-I am officially going to look into TTapp now after many years of curiosity-thank you!

I know you'll find what works best for you MB!
D72! We really are fitness twins
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 01:43 PM  
faith458

Demeris, I'm very interested in your results. T-Tapp was the first exercise I actually looked forward to doing. I felt great doing the exercises, but I never saw big results. I also got real tired of being told that it had to be do to my form, so I stopped doing it and switched to barre. Now, I'm restarting exercising and am still dealing with plantar fasciatis. I also have knots in the muscles of my right calf, so I have to be careful when I do leg exercises. After reading your post and beyond.omega's, I've been debating about trying t-tapp again. I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 02:40 PM  
2ndgen

Callanetics as well as traditional weight training.
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 02:51 PM  
D72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs lightyear View Post
I love this too. Is this on dvd?
Hi Jude! Yes it is but it's been out of print for a little while now unfortunately.

There are new and used copies available below but they're only in NTSC I think?
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 02:52 PM  
D72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs lightyear View Post
D72! We really are fitness twins

So true and such a nice compliment from you! Thanks so much :]-
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 03:09 PM  
Fitmama

You know what really helps the front of my thighs look better? Stationary bike. You get cardio and if you jack up the resistance you get toning too. For dvds I would reccommend Body Strikes 1 & 2.

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
larger range of motion, saddlebags, t-tapp, thighs, tracy anderson, ttapp