Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-11, 03:52 PM  
D72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I just got Super Cal on dvd the other day I have been doing this since the book came out. I was just thinking about how many times I have done SC, more than anything EVER!
Amazing!
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 04:04 PM  
seww

Spinning!!!
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 04:18 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I have only PP and Mat, and I don't believe she's the best for me, given those two workouts.

What works for me (the ORIGINAL chubby thigh-ed girl) is a combo of barre (most specifically callanetics) and t-tapp. There's nothing like the t-tapp stance to work my thighs. I can feel it in EVERY t-tapp move.
I never did Callanetics long enough to verify but I can say that doing T-Tapp and Tracy worked pretty good for all of my lower body and T-Tapp works the core too. My only complaint about T-Tapp is that it does little to nothing for the upper body. Other than regular weight lifting... Tracy A. is the only thing that works for me. No other barre type workouts do much for my upper body either. Doing lots of body weight exercises works......which is why Tracy works. Combined with her other arm work it's great.
Old 04-17-11, 04:43 PM  
dnna

I do cardio and //Winsor Buns and Thighs!
I am doing the new Bar Method , Pure barre, and some others-Barre 3- but yesterday I did the old Winsor buns and thighs and thought- this one is great , and no overkill and 15 minutes!!
I still like the Firm classics- volume one for instance! and I love both Fitprimes floor burn- one by Tamela, one by Susan.
I am wondering why I am working so hard ( for so little results) on the others. I feel myself slipping back to my previous easier rotation;
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 05:28 PM  
videofit

Margaret's floorwork has given me great results. Her standing leg work is easy on the joints as well. I always had rather shapeless thin legs but now they are nicely toned and much stronger. My knees have gotten better as well, always a weak area for me.

Tracy Anderson hurt my back when I tried Mat and Post Preg.
Old 04-17-11, 06:00 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
My only complaint about T-Tapp is that it does little to nothing for the upper body.

I've always thought this, too. I did a 4-day bootcamp, however, at the start of March, and since then have been doing t-tapp every other day. I started with Tempo, then did a week and a half of Tempo Lower Body (the whole workout), then of Ladybug (the total LB workout), then of Torso paired with Critter Crunch, and the past two weeks of Barefoot, with a Super Slow thrown in every other weekend or so. on my non t-tapp days, I've been doing either Callanetics or Classical Stretch or V-core/Catwalk Confidence or Leslie Sansone--as you can see, not much upper body stuff.

This AM, I did Tracy's PP, and I was deeply surprised at how easily I did the side planks and the forearm plank work--I had lost NOTHING in upper body strength. The kneeling leg work took nothing from my upper body, and I usually LOATHE kneeling work because my shoulders and arms get so tired.

I note this because, about halfway through this EOD commitment, I began to feel all the work Teresa was activating in my arms, torso, and upper back--stuff I'd never felt before, and I've been tapping for over 10 years, but never with an EOD commitment like this, and never with the upper body (or lower body) activation I've had the past few weeks.

I've developed a WHOLE NEW appreciation for t-tapp, and I've been an avid fan for more than a decade.

Who knew?
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 06:12 PM  
D72

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I do cardio and //Winsor Buns and Thighs!
I am wondering why I am working so hard ( for so little results) on the others.
Yes!
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 06:23 PM  
dnna

In my previous, non barre workout I did Margaret Richard's Triple Threat lower body -about an hour, and I also love her new one-Good For You.
why the heck an I doing these Barre workouts- I was so happy before, doing
Fitprime Floor Burn
Winsor buns and thighs
Margaret Richard
Bunso f Steel, Greg Smithy
some firms
some other non winsor pilates
I am on number 23 of my barre workouts- everyother day. Going to 40 and re=evaluating my results or lack of!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 06:37 PM  
moonbeam31

dnna- keep us posted on your results after you make it to 40!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 01:37 PM  
Tan

I have found a combination of Lotte Berk style isometrics - original Pure Barre, Core Fusion downloads, Ballet Body larger range motion exercises and yoga has done wonderful things to my rear end. I don't even do cardio.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
larger range of motion, saddlebags, t-tapp, thighs, tracy anderson, ttapp