Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-11, 11:26 AM  
moonbeam31

Is Tracy Anderson the best exercise for saddlebags and flabby thighs?

Hey all! I need help with my dreaded thighs! The backs of my thighs(hamstrings) are fine-they are actually really tight and toned, but I need major help for my outer and upper thigh area as well as inner-of course. Is Tracy Anderson-Mt, PDS and Meta the best, In your opinions for thinning and tightening the dreaded thighs? High rep- floor work like Tracy's or barre vs weighted squats, lunges etc? I know this is always asked but I just don't know what to do anymore! I go back and forth between the two styles.

Thanks-so-much ,
Tracy~
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 11:59 AM  
Demeris

I have only PP and Mat, and I don't believe she's the best for me, given those two workouts.

What works for me (the ORIGINAL chubby thigh-ed girl) is a combo of barre (most specifically callanetics) and t-tapp. There's nothing like the t-tapp stance to work my thighs. I can feel it in EVERY t-tapp move.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 12:27 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I really like what Callanetics has done to my thighs. Leaned them out, but gave them shape too.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 12:40 PM  
D72

Great suggestions! And Essentrics/CS is great...
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 12:54 PM  
moonbeam31

thanks so much for the replies- I will also look into to T-Tap and Callanetics! I have been wanting Essentrics for a while- Is the one with Sahra or Miranda best?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 12:57 PM  
D72

I've only used Sahra's so far.
Old 04-17-11, 02:58 PM  
Honeydew

I like Tracy's stuff, however, I find that my saddlebags are getting larger! buuuuuuuuut my inner thighs are starting to slim down. I am also starting to get a bit of definition in my legs.....I'm also doing barre and either ruah warrior or ruah long and lean as well oh and adding in some dance cardio...not TA's dance cardio, it's much too high impact for me..I am going to try perfect legs glutes and abs as I heard it really shrinks the saddlebags.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 03:08 PM  
MARIKA

I just got Super Cal on dvd the other day I have been doing this since the book came out. I was just thinking about how many times I have done SC, more than anything EVER! Also Brazil Butt does amazing things to.
Old 04-17-11, 03:30 PM  
hotncmom

My lower body rotation right now consists of H&T from BBL, Pure Sculpt, Reach, and Sahra's Essentrics. I'm doing yoga too but that's primarily for upper body although I think yoga works the legs a bit, but last summer I had good results doing BBL for a month, so I thought I'd do a lot of that kind of floor sculpting this spring to see what I got. I'm also throwing in Ballet Body Leg & Hip Isolations segment and Core Fusion flat/round back segment (which works my legs as well as my abs).

I'd like to think the combination of all of these is just as, if not more effective than TA. I tried her boot camp a while back and something about the movements tweaked my back, so I'm reluctant to go back to TA again. Mat never bothered me, and I might throw it in now and then, but honestly the standing leg section is a bit too easy for me now. Maybe I'll try it with ankle weights.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-11, 03:46 PM  
D72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I am going to try perfect legs glutes and abs as I heard it really shrinks the saddlebags.
Good to know...

Tags
larger range of motion, saddlebags, t-tapp, thighs, tracy anderson, ttapp