Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-08, 04:13 PM  
edieuchida

I ordered 5 dvds from Anna almost two weeks ago and have not received my dvds yet. I was upset and emailed her back and forth because I paid $11.99 for shipping - which is okay, BUT - she sent my dvds out by Media Mail!!! Which means I'll wait three to four weeks before the package reaches me in Hawaii.

I complained and she said she had never had a customer complain so bitterly regarding postage.
She said shipping is expensive for small businesses - I replied why is it expensive for small businesses when the customer is paying the shipping costs? I am self employed and we only charge a patient what USPS charges us.

I spent over $125 on dvds (bought the new Classics on dvds!) and she sends it out the slowest way possible to Hawaii. Go figure!

She asked me not to discuss this on any public forums, but I couldn't resist, since there are others that have had problems with her shipping methodologies. Had to vent.
edieuchida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 04:28 PM  
Raquel13
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edieuchida
She asked me not to discuss this on any public forums, but I couldn't resist, since there are others that have had problems with her shipping methodologies. Had to vent.
You're kidding! Well, no wonder most people seem to have had only good experiences with her. The ones with bad experiences are asked not to talk about it! What a joke.

This is a consumer forum, and we all post our experiences to help others know what to expect. I've posted both good and bad CS experiences. We talk about ALL vendors. Why should Anna Benson be exempt? As long as you're not directly quoting/posting her messages to you, she has no right to forbid you from discussing it with others.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Raquel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 04:44 PM  
pumptmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel13
All the emails I've received are signed "Anna" or "Anna Benson."

I'm glad to hear other people have had better experiences with her. Since moving to Germany, I know and expect to pay higher shipping, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know how much more I would be paying. I don't know why getting a simple shipping quote has to be like pulling teeth, and I really don't get why I would have to pay an extra $15 or so for "additional labor." It's the same process as shipping in the U.S., except for the customs form which takes maybe 2 minutes to fill out.
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about all this. I've noticed that sometimes, things are hit or miss when it comes to customer service but the way she's acted isn't professional at all. It sounds like they don't want to deal with those outside the US. If that's the case, they should just say so and not put people who order through such difficulties.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 05:05 PM  
daisysunshine

Edichuida - I had to laugh so hard when you said what she said about shipping being too expensive for small buisnesses. Like. I'm sorry if USPS charges THIS amount and you already have the bubbles and the envelopes for god sakes - just charge the person what USPS would charge you. IT"S NOT THAT DIFFICULT.

Also. Raquel, I totally feel your pain. I was really ready to stock up on some T-Tapps during their 40 (40!!) percent off thing last week and I was floored that it was 20 dollars to Canada, and 40 overseas. And it's not like T-Tapp is 12.95 a dvd. I called them and asked why and they were like well, uh, our dvds have issues crossing the boarder and this is the cheapest surest way. And I was like but I know for a fact a flat rate priority box is TEN DOLLARS. Where is the other 10 coming from? Oh... just expensives.

Ten dollars worth? and that ten dollars worth equals 30 for anything overseas!
Ebay is the same, some ppl have the nerve to charge you 20 dollars for a 11.99 dvd. And so on and so forth.

Customs forms - i dunno about you guys but I just asked my post office for a whole ream of them and they very generously gave it out so i just have it done whamo. Not that big of a hassle. But I guess it's just the hassle we have to pay for not living in the United States - and not everyone is as lovely as Mary (Who charges less than 8 dollars for 4 dvds sent to Canada).

And not to discuss the fact that she treated you like crap? Nice one.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 05:19 PM  
fluffydogfan

Quote:
It really disgusts me when people/companies make this request. If they aren't proud of their actions with their customers, then they should change their actions. They shouldn't strong-arm us by "requesting" a gag order.

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 05:27 PM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle
It sounds like they don't want to deal with those outside the US. If that's the case, they should just say so and not put people who order through such difficulties.
I tend to agree with this sentiment in general, so my comments aren't targeted at Bob at all, rather at Anna's ridiculous business practices.

Sending media mail to Hawaii? Hawaii -- the *50th* state that is serviced by the same U.S. Postal Service that delivers mail to the other 49 states? Are you kidding? I am absolutely floored!!

Depending on the number of DVDs ordered, Anna could have sent that package using priority mail for less than $5.00.

Wow.

Last edited by eastblvd; 11-30-08 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Because I don't know my American history.
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 05:51 PM  
edieuchida

Okay...actually we're the 50th state, LOL!
edieuchida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 06:10 PM  
Hej

Quote:
She said shipping is expensive for small businesses - I replied why is it expensive for small businesses when the customer is paying the shipping costs?
That's what I was wondering!!

I ordered some DVDs from her on 2 occasions and she shipped them to Sweden. I don't recall being charged that much more than the $8 flat rate (I think it worked out to be $12 or something). I think I paid through PayPal, I can't remember exactly. Everything went smoothly and the DVDs arrived quickly and safely. I was pleased with the service and the DVDs. Maybe the postage varies a lot depending on the country?

Sorry you guys had bad service.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 06:13 PM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine
I was really ready to stock up on some T-Tapps during their 40 (40!!) percent off thing last week and I was floored that it was 20 dollars to Canada, and 40 overseas.
I was going to order during that sale until I realized the shipping was going to cost the same as the item I was going to buy . No way no how!!
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 06:24 PM  
Sara1000

I think it's really nervy to be rude to a customer and then ask her not to discuss it on a forum. IMO a business person should conduct herself in such a way she would be proud to have it discussed, as with this Mary person I keep hearing about.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, bad customer service, fitprime