Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-08, 12:47 AM  
Taiga

FIRMDIRECT--Worst Customer Service on the Planet IMHO

I know, I know. I've heard the grumblings from many others in the past but after Gaiam took over FirmDirect I thought somehow I could sneak a very small order in without fear of something catastrophic. I figured the worst that could happen would be that it would take them a month or two to deliver. Or maybe I'd have to hassle with a phone call or e-mail to remind them. BOY WAS I EVER WRONG. IMHO, this company needs a serious legal flogging. I will never do business with Gaiam or the FirmDirect ever again (and I had no Gaiam qualms prior to this).

We really need to get the word out better so this company can just topple and end a lot of human (vidiot) suffering. Seriously, I have lived through SNM Hardcore fiasco, Beachbody mule train etc. But I've never had my credit card company actually recommend that I close my account due to a merchant's activity. FirmDirect added extra charges to my card without my knowledge or permission. When I contacted them via e-mail, the person replying clearly did not comprehend English (I'm not joking) and gave me a nonsensical 2 line answer followed by a paragraph of the standard form letter. They would not credit back the charges or even reply to the order confirmation that I received upon checking out (it clearly showed the actual total I was supposed to be charged). And NO, I did not push some mystery button that signed me up for vitamins or other nonsense. I was VERY CAREFUL checking out because I had heard past horrors.

I looked in the VF vendor section and there are complaints from 2007. One VFer mentioned that she checked out the Better Business Bureau for this company and there were multiple unresolved complaints and supposedly legal trouble in several states (what a shock). When I went to check out the BBB page and clicked on the company icon, it took me to an error page (probably burned out from the overload of complaints ).

As I'm writing this I don't even feel angry. In the scheme of life, I realize there are just bigger, better things and this won't get any more of my energy than what is absolutely required to get the job done. But I would love to save someone else the HASSLE and drain. Trust me, there is nothing they have that you need badly enough to get involved with this company. I'm actually relieved that my card account has been closed. After dealing with them, I'm horrified that they ever had my credit card info. I had always had positive dealings with Gaiam in the past and that gave me a false sense that there would at least be some minimum standard in this company once they were involved. My experience has shown me that the FirmDirect monster is still alive and well. Be warned!

I really hope this helps someone down the line......I wish I would have seen similar warnings before I ordered!!
Old 07-24-08, 01:45 AM  
juberann

Taiga~ Oh my goodness,I am so,so sorry to hear you have had problems! I went through a similar incident with Savvier a couple of years ago. I have also ordered from FirmDirect and,thank the Lord,I was one of the lucky ones because everything went well I know others havn't been so lucky (like you). It is so frustrating. I understand what you're saying about their Customer Service Reps not understanding english,I have never spoke to anyone at firmdirect who could clearly understand me. I may have "rotten tomotoes" thrown at me for this statement (and I probably shouldn't say it) but I truly,honestly feel if you hire someone in this country in a telephone customer service position one of the bare requirements should be that they speak and understand CLEAR english,we are an english speaking country,we should be more proud of that,IN MY OPINION,and I am truly sorry if I offend anyone by that.
I have been lucky with firmdirect,however,hearing stories like yours convinces me to not buy from them again. I just don't understand WHY they screw up so much how HARD is their job,really?
I hope you get things cleared up,keep us informed,ok?~ Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 03:44 AM  
old lady

Wow! I ordered from FirmDirect back before they became part of Gaiam for BSS 1 and BSS 2. I never had a problem with my orders, but I had heard of horror stories from other vidiots about their crappy customer service. That was enough to convince me to never deal with them again. If I can't get their dvds from anyone but them, then I just do without. Life is just too short to deal with their crap! I hope you get your problems eventually resolved.
Cathy
old lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 04:37 AM  
CarlaShanti

I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble. Every single person on the planet should boycott Gaiam and Firm Direct. Their lack of customer service is legendary. When I first discovered home exercise, it was through the Firm and I ordered from them, paid a fortune, had all sorts of trouble, got reamed by customs (I live in England), then found the same DVDs on the secondary market at Amazon for just a few quid. That taught me!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 05:13 AM  
little bird

Quote:
if you hire someone in this country in a telephone customer service position one of the bare requirements should be that they speak and understand CLEAR english,we are an english speaking country
Are they actually in this country? I think I have spoken to someone before that was not actually in the U.S, can't remember whose customer service I was using.
Laverne
little bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 05:23 AM  
bearcatfan

Wow, that is amazing that your credit card company is telling you to close your account because of these yahoos.

So what is the resolution to this (is there one?)? Do you think you will get your merchandise? At this point I'd let the credit card company fight it out for you - they might listen to them.
Old 07-24-08, 05:43 AM  
Gams

I had the same thing happen to me (and my best friend, too) with both Gaiam and Beach Body. I will never order from either company ever again.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 06:11 AM  
plcm111195

I'm sorry you had to go through that. As much as I love the FIRM I rarely buy anything direct. They used to have a good CS person there that handled a bunch of problems when the Transfirmation system came out. I don't know if she's still there but you might try emailing her. Erin.Warren at gaiam.com
Old 07-24-08, 06:44 AM  
daisysunshine

Most companies don't have their customer services in country anymore - they outsource to people in India, or overseas, because it's a whole heck of a lot cheaper than doing it in country. (which is a WHOLE other kettle of fish)

taiga i'm so sorry that you've had issues.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 10:02 AM  
Lorianne

I don't even want to go there!
but, since you brought it up!.....I just have been waiting over 2 months for something from them myself.
long story short...they charged my cc, several calls to the ridiculous phone representives they have (I swear a chimpanzee would be better), kept telling me my order was sent.
finally, I waited long enough, got really nasty myself on the Firm forum & ended up with a long overdue refund!!!!
said it before, many times in fact.....I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER DIRECTLY AGAIN!!!!
& this time I mean it.
utter & complete morons, what in the world is the matter with them????
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, snm